Three most important things for the Texans on defense:
1. Stop Maurice. Houston did a solid job of stopping Maurice Jones-Drew until the fourth period in which he gained 41 of his 76 yards and effectively ended the game.
2. Blanket Mike Sims-Walker. Mike Sims-Walker was not a factor as he caught just one pass for 12 yards.
3. Pressure Garrard. David Garrard was sacked four times and took nine hits as the Texans were in his face routinely.
Three most important things for the Texans on offense:
1. Keep up the tempo. Houston didn't go with much up-tempo offense until they were down 17 points, and immediately they scored.
2. Look for Walter and Anderson. Walter and Anderson combined for eight catches for 93 yards, and were open for much of the day.
3. No turnovers. The dreaded turnover bug bit the Texans yet again as they were picked off three times, surprisingly by three different passers.
What to look for:
1. Look for Andre Johnson to score. Andre Johnson scored his sixth touchdown of the season as he caught seven passes for 99 yards.
2. Look for the Texans to have less than 60 yards rushing. The Texans ran the ball 22 times for just 68 yards against the Jaguars defense.
3. A dance from Jones-Drew. The Houston defense managed to keep MJD out of the end zone despite him having two chances from the one-yard line.
4. Look for a lot of big plays. There were certainly some offensive fireworks as Texans wideout Andre Johnson caught a 53-yard pass, and Jaguars tight ends Marcedes Lewis and Zach Miller caught passes of 47 and 62 yards respectively.
5. Look for the Texans to squeak by. The Texans made enough mistakes and found a way to lose another one.
What We Learned: Texans loss to Jaguars
State of the Texans Top Stories
Brandon Weeden Set to be the BackupBrandon Weeden is set to be the backup quarterback on Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts.
State of the TexansYesterday at 2:15 PM
Jaelen Strong and Braxton Miller are OutThe Houston Texans will be down two wide receivers on Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts.
State of the TexansYesterday at 2:00 PM
J.J. Watt Pays Up Bet For Wisconsin's LossDevon Still gets J.J. Watt to pay up for Penn State's win over Wisconsin in the Big Ten Championship.
State of the TexansYesterday at 1:43 PM
Notebook: Grimes Role Remains SituationalA.J. Bouye knows it is a business with his long time friend Charles James and Jadeveon Clowney is ready to go.
State of the TexansYesterday at 6:50 AM