Three most important things for the Texans on defense:
1. Stop Maurice. Houston did a solid job of stopping Maurice Jones-Drew until the fourth period in which he gained 41 of his 76 yards and effectively ended the game.
2. Blanket Mike Sims-Walker. Mike Sims-Walker was not a factor as he caught just one pass for 12 yards.
3. Pressure Garrard. David Garrard was sacked four times and took nine hits as the Texans were in his face routinely.
Three most important things for the Texans on offense:
1. Keep up the tempo. Houston didn't go with much up-tempo offense until they were down 17 points, and immediately they scored.
2. Look for Walter and Anderson. Walter and Anderson combined for eight catches for 93 yards, and were open for much of the day.
3. No turnovers. The dreaded turnover bug bit the Texans yet again as they were picked off three times, surprisingly by three different passers.
What to look for:
1. Look for Andre Johnson to score. Andre Johnson scored his sixth touchdown of the season as he caught seven passes for 99 yards.
2. Look for the Texans to have less than 60 yards rushing. The Texans ran the ball 22 times for just 68 yards against the Jaguars defense.
3. A dance from Jones-Drew. The Houston defense managed to keep MJD out of the end zone despite him having two chances from the one-yard line.
4. Look for a lot of big plays. There were certainly some offensive fireworks as Texans wideout Andre Johnson caught a 53-yard pass, and Jaguars tight ends Marcedes Lewis and Zach Miller caught passes of 47 and 62 yards respectively.
5. Look for the Texans to squeak by. The Texans made enough mistakes and found a way to lose another one.
What We Learned: Texans loss to Jaguars
State of the Texans Top Stories
Numbers Don't Lie with the Offensive LineMaybe the Houston Texans offensive line is not as bad as everyone thinks it is. The numbers from 2016 tell a different story than what most have said about the group heading into…
State of the TexansYesterday at 6:37 AM
UDFAs to Watch for the Texans Heading to CampRookie free agents will make an impact during training camp and here are some names that might just do that for the Houston Texans.
State of the TexansWednesday at 9:21 AM
Veterans That Could Help the Texans RosterAs the Houston Texans Head to Training Camp, Could Adding Outside Leadership Help the Team?
State of the TexansTuesday at 5:49 AM
Position Battles Heading to Training CampWith Houston Texans arriving to training camp next week, here are some early camp position battles to watch to open up the season.
State of the TexansMonday at 5:46 AM
No Need to Rush to Judgment with ForemanThe D'Onta Foreman situation will take time to sort out, so there is no need to rush to judgement.
State of the TexansSunday at 9:03 PM