Three most important things for the Texans on defense:
1. Stop Ricky. Houston did a fantastic job of stopping Ricky Williams as he gained just 35 yards on 10 carries.
2. Pressure Henne. The Texans sacked Chad Henne three times, and they got enough pressure to keep him uncomfortable for much of the game.
3. Strip ‘em. Miami didn't lose any fumbles on the day, and turned the ball over just once.
Three most important things for the Texans on offense:
1. Challenge the rookies. The Dolphins rookie corners were shredded by Matt Schaub in the first half, as the Texans built a 27-3 halftime advantage.
2. Protect Schaub. Matt Schaub had time to throw as he was sacked just once, and the results were another huge passing day by the Texans quarterback.
3. Cash in. Houston scored touchdowns on two of their three red zone opportunities which proved to be enough to defeat Miami.
What to look for:
1. Look for four or more combined turnovers. It was a fairly well-played game as the teams combined for just two turnovers.
2. Look for Ricky Williams to score. Williams was invisible on this day as the Texans defense keyed on him and did a great job.
3. Look for the Texans to be one-dimensional. Houston was actually well-balanced, as undrafted rookie Arian Foster ran for a tough 97 yards on 19 carries, including a 17-yard touchdown run.
4. Look for Schaub to go over 300. The Texans quarterback fell just short of the 300 yard mark, but 20 of 31 passing for 286 yards is good enough to win on most days.
5. Look for the Texans to find a way to lose. Although they were outscored 20-0 over the final 30+ minutes, the Texans made enough stops on defense to keep their slim playoff hopes alive into week 17.
What We Learned: Texans vs Dolphins
State of the Texans Top Stories
Mailbag: Reader's Questions on the TexansOpening the mailbag to answer reader's questions on the Houston Texans
State of the TexansYesterday at 8:34 PM
Long Shot to Franchise Tag A.J. BouyeA.J. Bouye is preparing to hit the open market with signs pointing to the Houston Texans not using the franchise tag on him.
State of the TexansYesterday at 7:44 AM
Texans Tight End Group Needs Big Play AbilityThe Houston Texans tight end group took a positive step in 2016 but need more big play ability heading into 2017.
State of the TexansWednesday at 7:29 PM
Podcast: No Hometown Discounts!The State of the Texans podcast gets going with one on ones with New England Patriots coach Dante Scarnecchia and wide receiver Julian Edelman stop by to talk about the Texans…
State of the TexansWednesday at 7:03 AM