Three most important things for the Texans on defense:
1. Stop Ricky. Houston did a fantastic job of stopping Ricky Williams as he gained just 35 yards on 10 carries.
2. Pressure Henne. The Texans sacked Chad Henne three times, and they got enough pressure to keep him uncomfortable for much of the game.
3. Strip ‘em. Miami didn't lose any fumbles on the day, and turned the ball over just once.
Three most important things for the Texans on offense:
1. Challenge the rookies. The Dolphins rookie corners were shredded by Matt Schaub in the first half, as the Texans built a 27-3 halftime advantage.
2. Protect Schaub. Matt Schaub had time to throw as he was sacked just once, and the results were another huge passing day by the Texans quarterback.
3. Cash in. Houston scored touchdowns on two of their three red zone opportunities which proved to be enough to defeat Miami.
What to look for:
1. Look for four or more combined turnovers. It was a fairly well-played game as the teams combined for just two turnovers.
2. Look for Ricky Williams to score. Williams was invisible on this day as the Texans defense keyed on him and did a great job.
3. Look for the Texans to be one-dimensional. Houston was actually well-balanced, as undrafted rookie Arian Foster ran for a tough 97 yards on 19 carries, including a 17-yard touchdown run.
4. Look for Schaub to go over 300. The Texans quarterback fell just short of the 300 yard mark, but 20 of 31 passing for 286 yards is good enough to win on most days.
5. Look for the Texans to find a way to lose. Although they were outscored 20-0 over the final 30+ minutes, the Texans made enough stops on defense to keep their slim playoff hopes alive into week 17.
What We Learned: Texans vs Dolphins
State of the Texans Top Stories
Braxton Miller Still Learning From the BestBraxton Miller has learned from some of the best and now he is doing it with the team he wanted to be on all along.
State of the TexansYesterday at 9:32 PM
J.J. Watt To Possibly Return By Week OneHead Coach Bill O'Brien opened the door for the possibility for J.J. Watt to return before the start of week one.
State of the TexansYesterday at 9:25 PM
Derek Newton Set To ReturnThe Houston Texans are set to return starting right tackle Derek Newton for week one against the Chicago Bears.
State of the TexansYesterday at 9:18 PM
Texans Start Trimming Their Roster to 75The Houston Texans have started making moves to get their roster to the league mandated 75 players.
State of the TexansYesterday at 10:28 AM