Day two of Titans training camp 2014 saw some interesting combinations of receivers and running backs working together as Ken Whisenhunt and staff continue to explore options and combinations.
* Jake Locker has improved his accuracy tremendously over the last year, and quarterbacks coach John McNulty credits his hard work on improving his footwork.
* Justin Hunter had another solid day. Though
* Michael Preston is a guy trying to make a name and stick on this roster at wide receiver and he had a nice grab on a long throw from Jake Locker over Coty Sensabaugh for a touchdown early in the seven on seven.
8 The wide receiver room, which was thought to have room for improvement at the back end could be getting crowded as Derek Hagan has been as consistent as anyone on the roster in catching the football. He and Brian Robiske, who had a solid day are in line for a spot.
* Marc Mariani also continues to impress. Perhaps no one has worked harder to return after missing the last two season with injures, but Mariani is catching anything thrown to him that should be caught. His return ability and the way he has preformed through two days are likly giving offensive coaches something to think about.
8 There is no doubt when you see him throw in person, Zach Mettenberger has the best arm strenght of any quareterback on the roster, and perhaps as good as the tops in the league. He appears to have some rookie moments, but arm talent is there.
* Damion Stafford had a nice day, interception a Tyler Wilson pass on one down and then adding a nice pass break-up of a Locker pass intended for Bishop Sankey. Whisnehunt praise Stafford, but said that's what he has to do in a crowded position to stand out.