1. Quinton Patton – He didn't come into Senior Bowl week as one of the highest rated seniors, but he is making a case for himself. He made an athletic and strong catch on a go route over Robert Alford for a touchdown and caught another long ball on a post, showing good cutting ability, speed and hands – all in a 6-foot-2 package. He really helped his stock Tuesday.
2. Aaron Dobson – The Marshall receiver didn't get the ball thrown to him much during full-team and seven-on-seven work, but he's big (6-foot-3), can separate, whether it's an out route or a go route, has good hands and is a willing blocker.
3. Markus Wheaton – He might have the quickest feet on the North squad, but he also has long speed, as he showed on a 50-yard touchdown catch. He also used that speed to find the edge on an end-around.
4. Terrance Williams – He and Dobson were two of the highest ranked receivers coming into Senior Bowl week, and Williams had a strong Monday. His second day wasn't as good. He had at least one drop at seemingly every phase of practice, but he battled through it and continued to show a knack for the open areas in the secondary.
5. Marquise Goodwin – He is expected to go in the late rounds, but he showed better than that Tuesday. His quickness sets him up well on out-cutting routes and he displayed deep speed, too. However, he did bobble a pass or two early in practice.
Tim Yotter is the publisher of Viking Update. Follow Viking Update on Twitter and discuss this story on our subscriber message board.
Senior Bowl: Wide Receiver Rankings
Viking Update Top Stories
Spielman: Bradford in prime of his careerWith the benefit of hindsight, Minnesota Vikings general manager Rick Spielman said he would do the Sam Bradford trade again in a millisecond.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:15 PM
Spielman: Peterson ‘will always be a Viking’While it appears the Minnesota Vikings have made a decision on Adrian Peterson’s future – or lack of it – with the team, they aren’t ready to announce it.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 2:46 PM
Bridgewater not doing QB activities yetWhile the Minnesota Vikings don’t have any timeline on Teddy Bridgewater’s return to football, he continues to rehab.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:09 PM
Defensive tackles: All about FloydThe Minnesota Vikings currently have little interest in free agent defensive tackles, but that could all change if they don't want to pay Sharrif Floyd's fifth-year contract option…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:01 AM