1. HOUSTON TEXANS (2-14)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Houston didn't make any big splashes in free agency, but lost several starters to other teams. Texans traded QB Matt Schaub to Oakland and picked up Ryan Fitzpatrick; lost TE Owen Daniels to Baltimore, but re-signed Garrett Graham to take his place. They also lost RB Ben Tate, DE Antonio Smith, DT Earl Mitchell, SS Danieal Manning and LB Joe Mays. Added safeties Chris Clemons and Kendrick Lewis, and DT Ricardo Mathews.
THEY NEED: QB to take over for Schaub, DE, NT, OLB.
THEY DON'T NEED: WR, S, LT.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: DE Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina, or QB Blake Bortles, Central Florida.
2, 13. ST. LOUIS RAMS (7-9)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Quietly. Though franchise could use upgrades at several positions, first move was to hang on to one of their own and re-sign Rodger Saffold after OL signed with Oakland but failed physical. Took chance on WR Kenny Britt, who broke in with Titans and current Rams coach Jeff Fisher, and added backup QB Shaun Hill.
THEY NEED: OL, CB, S, WR, LB.
THEY DON'T NEED: DL, QB, RB.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: They have two first-rounders and would love to trade down from No. 2 overall, final payoff from Redskins in Robert Griffin III deal, and keep stockpiling talent. But must find a buyer. OT Greg Robinson, Auburn, is most likely option if they stay put, a pick for need with OT Jake Long perhaps iffy for opener coming off knee surgery. WR Sammy Watkins, Clemson, also is an option for team that's lacked No. 1 pass catcher for several seasons. With 13th spot, perhaps a wideout or defensive back.
3. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (4-12)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Jaguars spent more than expected, signing G Zane Beadles (5 years, $30 million), DE Red Bryant (4 years, $19 million), DE Chris Clemons (4 years, $17.5 million), DT Ziggy Hood (4 years, $16 million), RB Toby Gerhart (3 years, $10.5 million) and LB Dekoda Watson (3 years, $6.5 million). They also made run at Pro Bowl C Alex Mack, signing him to five-year, $42 million offer sheet that Cleveland matched almost immediately.
THEY NEED: Franchise QB, DE, WR, OL, CB.
THEY DON'T NEED: Any whiffs. Jaguars have 11 picks and plenty of holes to fill.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: LB/DE Khalil Mack, Buffalo, or Watkins.
4, 26. CLEVELAND BROWNS (4-12)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: With tons of salary-cap space, Browns were one of league's most active teams, signing nine players. They addressed some major holes in signing hard-hitting S Donte Whitner and inside LB Karlos Dansby to replace T.J. Ward and D'Qwell Jackson, club's top two tacklers last season. RB Ben Tate could fix running game. Biggest move, though, was keeping C Alex Mack by matching offer sheet from Jacksonville.
THEY NEED: Franchise QB — still.
THEY DON'T NEED: To overreach with No. 4 pick.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: Watkins. Considered best of strong receiving class, Watkins, paired with Pro Bowler Josh Gordon, could give Cleveland one of league's most lethal passing attacks. But do they have QB to get them ball?
5. OAKLAND RAIDERS (4-12)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Raiders entered free agency with most salary cap room in NFL and used that money to add a bunch of older players with proven pedigrees: DLs Justin Tuck and LaMarr Woodley, WR James Jones, CB Carlos Rogers and Tarell Brown, and QB Matt Schaub. They also bolstered offensive line by adding LT Donald Penn, RG Austin Howard and versatile Kevin Boothe. Oakland did lose two of its own top free agents in DE Lamarr Houston and LT Jared Veldheer.
THEY NEED: WR, pass rusher, OL.
THEY DON'T NEED: RB, S.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: Clowney, Watkins, Mack, OT Jake Matthews.
6. ATLANTA FALCONS (4-12)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Falcons have added eight players, focusing on secondary and both lines. Biggest new name, however, is three-time Pro Bowl return specialist Devin Hester. They signed S Dwight Lowery and CBs Javier Arenas and Josh Wilson. Other additions: OLs Gabe Carimi and Jon Asamoah, DE Tyson Jackson and DT tackle Paul Soliai.
THEY NEED: Strong pass rusher and impact offensive tackle. Other needs: RB, LB, TE, S.
THEY DON'T NEED: QB, WR (assuming Julio Jones has recovered from foot injury), CB, DT.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: Matthews — if GM Thomas Dimitroff doesn't trade up to select Clowney.
7. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (4-12)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: New coach Lovie Smith and GM Jason Licht have been aggressive in reshaping roster of team that hasn't made playoffs since 2007, releasing $16 million a year CB Darrelle Revis as well as highly paid but underperforming OL Davin Joseph and Donald Penn. They used savings to bring in seven projected starters in QB Josh McCown, DE Michael Johnson, CB Alterraun Verner, C Evan Dietrich-Smith, T Anthony Collins, DT Clinton McDonald and TE Brandon Myers.
THEY NEED: WR, OL, QB, RB.
THEY DON'T NEED: CB, DE, S.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M.
8. MINNESOTA VIKINGS (5-10-1)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Defense was sole focus, with DE Everson Griffen re-signed and DT Linval Joseph, CB Captain Munnerlyn, DE Corey Wootton, CB Derek Cox, LB Jasper Brinkley and FS Kurt Coleman new guys obtained for new coach Mike Zimmer's group. Depth in back seven is still lacking, particularly at LB with Chad Greenway only proven starter. And teams in NFC North can never have enough quality, durable CBs. Matt Cassel was brought back as safety net QB, allowing Vikings time to draft and develop successor with 2011 first-rounder Christian Ponder all but out of picture. Toby Gerhart's departure created void at RB behind Adrian Peterson, coming off third straight offseason surgery.
THEY NEED: QB, LB, CB, RB.
THEY DON'T NEED: OT, WR, DE.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: QBs Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville, or Bortles.
9. BUFFALO BILLS (6-10)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Continued conservative approach by addressing needs with mid-range-priced free agents, while losing only three-time Pro Bowl safety Jairus Byrd. Shored up porous run defense with LB Brandon Spikes, which allows Kiko Alonso to switch outside in new coordinator Jim Schwartz's 4-3 system. Also signed CB Corey Graham, G Chris Williams, LB Keith Rivers and DL Jarius Wynn. Plugged hole in passing game by acquiring WR Mike Williams in trade with Tampa Bay.
THEY NEED: OT, TE — and don't rule out another WR after selecting two in first three rounds last year.
THEY DON'T NEED: DL, G.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: Matthews, OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan, TE Eric Ebron, North Carolina, Evans.
10. DETROIT LIONS (7-9)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Addressed glaring needs for first-year head coach Jim Caldwell, signing WR Golden Tate and S James Ihedigbo to replace Nate Burleson and Louis Delmas. Re-signed key players, including RB Joique Bell, TE Brandon Pettigrew and C Dominic Raiola. No agreement yet on new deal with DT Ndamukong Suh that could clear some cap space to help floundering franchise.
THEY NEED: CB, DE, LB, S, PK.
THEY DON'T NEED: QB, RB, DT.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: CB Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State or CB Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State. Lions could use either because they don't know if they can count on veteran Chris Houston bouncing back from injury-stunted season.
11. TENNESSEE TITANS (7-9)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Titans were very busy stocking roster for new coach Ken Whisenhunt and signed a bunch of players, including RT Michael Oher, LBs Shaun Phillips and Wesley Woodyard, QB Charlie Whitehurst and DL Al Woods. They also re-signed veterans S Bernard Pollard, DE Ropati Pitoitua and KR Leon Washington. RB/WR Dexter McCluster was biggest addition with Tennessee cutting Chris Johnson. Pro Bowl CB Alterraun Verner signed with Tampa Bay, and Titans released RT David Stewart, backup QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.
THEY NEED: Dynamic pass rusher to ease transition to hybrid 3-4. QB, ILB, OT, RB, CB, WR.
THEY DON'T NEED: PK. Even though they cut Rob Bironas, Titans have only six draft picks and can't afford using a selection on kicker.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: OLB Anthony Barr, UCLA, ILB C.J. Mosley, Alabama, FS Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Alabama, Gilbert.
12. NEW YORK GIANTS (7-9)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Busy. Defensive additions CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Walter Thurmond and Zack Bowman, DE Robert Ayers and LB Jameel McClain could boost a unit that struggled early last season during an 0-8 start. RB Rashad Jennings, OLs Geoff Schwartz, John Jerry and J.D. Walton, returning WR Mario Manningham, TEs Daniel Fells and Kellen Davis, and KR Trindon Holliday all will get shots to contribute. But much leadership was lost when DE Justin Tuck, and starters Kevin Boothe, Hakeem Nicks and Linval Joseph left.
THEY NEED: DT, WR, TE, interior OL.
THEY DON'T NEED: QB, DB, P, PK, KR.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: Never discount Giants going defense, especially if a pass rushers is available. Donald might be their dream choice.
14. CHICAGO BEARS (8-8)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Bears have been busy retooling defense that ranked among league's worst. Biggest moves? Signing DE Jared Allen and parting with Julius Peppers after he struggled last season. Bears hope Allen can ignite dormant pass rush after Chicago tied Jacksonville for league-low 31 sacks, while stabilizing defense plagued by injuries and poor play.
THEY NEED: Help on defensive line and in secondary, backup QB, backup RB.
THEY DON'T NEED: WR.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: Gilbert; Clinton-Dix, Donald.
15. PITTSBURGH STEELERS (8-8)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Typically free-agent averse, Steelers have been busy this spring, at least by their standards. WRs Emmanuel Sanders and Jerricho Cotchery are gone. In their place are former Saints WR Lance Moore and former Raiders and Colts WR Darrius Heyward-Bey. LB LaMarr Woodley was cut loose while Pittsburgh invested in younger (and healthier) Jason Worilds at outside spot opposite Jarvis Jones. RB LeGarrette Blount was brought in to back up Le'Veon Bell, while S Mike Mitchell comes from Carolina to replace departed Ryan Clark.
THEY NEED: Impact WR to take some pressure off Pro Bowler Antonio Brown; DT, CB, DE.
THEY DON'T NEED: QB, RB or OL.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: Dennard.
16. DALLAS COWBOYS (8-8)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: As expected, DL was focus after release of franchise sacks leader DeMarcus Ware. DE Anthony Spencer is back on one-year deal after missing most of last season with knee injury. Other newcomers are DT Henry Melton, DE Jeremy Mincey and DT Terrell McClain. There was talk of Tony Romo backup Kyle Orton not returning, so Dallas added two QBs with starting experience in Brandon Weeden and Caleb Hanie. Orton is expected to play.
THEY NEED: DL, OL, LB.
THEY DON'T NEED: QB, RB.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: Donald.
17. BALTIMORE RAVENS (8-8)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Ravens did fine job of retaining some of their best players and filling several gaping holes. Baltimore re-signed TE Dennis Pitta, LB Daryl Smith, WR Jacoby Jones and LT Eugene Monroe in addition to adding WR Steve Smith and TE Owen Daniels. Lost LB Arthur Jones, RT Michael Oher, CB Corey Graham, S James Ihedigbo and TE Ed Dickson, but hope to make up difference with four compensatory picks in draft.
THEY NEED: RT to take over for Oher, S, LB, CB, OL and RB depth.
THEY DON'T NEED: QB, WR, TE.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: Lewan.
18. NEW YORK JETS (8-8)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: GM John Idzik was deliberate but thrifty, addressing three major needs by signing arguably top players at each of their positions in free agency in QB Michael Vick, RB Chris Johnson and WR Eric Decker. After losing RT Austin Howard to Raiders, Jets quickly filled gap by signing former Seahawks starter Breno Giacomini. Rest of signings have been less splashy, including adding CB Dimitri Patterson and WR Jacoby Ford. Re-signed several of own free agents, including LB Calvin Pace, TE Jeff Cumberland, G Willie Colon and K Nick Folk.
THEY NEED: WR, CB, TE, S, LB.
THEY DON'T NEED: DL, K, RB.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: WRs Marqise Lee, Odell Beckham Jr., Brandin Cooks or Kelvin Benjamin. Depends on how board shakes out and if Jets trade up — they've got 12 picks. Despite Decker and Ford signings, Jets could aim for elite WR in Watkins or Evans if they move up. Otherwise, they'll take hard look at talented group. Jets could also opt to find replacement for CB Antonio Cromartie if in position to snag Gilbert, Jason Verrett or Dennard.
19. MIAMI DOLPHINS (8-8)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Miami's biggest acquisition has been 316-pound left tackle Branden Albert, who signed $47 million, five-year deal and will anchor line that gave up franchise-record 58 sacks last year. Dolphins also signed veteran OLs Shelley Smith and Jason Fox, but they still need at least one blocker in draft. Four of five starters have departed, including T Jonathan Martin and G Richie Incognito, who were at center of team's bullying scandal. RB Knowshon Moreno signed $3.275 million, one-year contract after helping Denver reach Super Bowl. Dolphins added to defense with tackle Earl Mitchell, S Louis Delmas and CB Cortland Finnegan. They'll help replace departed DT Paul Soliai, S Chris Clemons and CB Nolan Carroll.
THEY NEED: New GM Dennis Hickey will be in market for help at RT, G, LB, TE, WR, RB.
THEY DON'T NEED: QB, DE, DT.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: Mosley.
20. ARIZONA CARDINALS (10-6)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Cardinals addressed their most glaring need by signing OT Jared Veldheer (5 years, $37 million, $17 million guaranteed), then added CB Antonio Cromartie (1 year, $3.5 million) and WR Ted Ginn Jr. (3 years, $9.75 million). As he did last year, look for GM Steve Keim to sign players still around late in summer to one-year deals.
THEY NEED: S, OLB, RT, ILB, QB to someday replace Carson Palmer.
THEY DON'T NEED: CB, RB, PK, P.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: While there is much speculation Arizona will go for QB, more likely scenario has it going after a safety, outside linebacker or offensive tackle. How about S Calvin Pryor, Louisville, or OLB Ryan Shazier, Ohio State?
21. GREEN BAY PACKERS (8-7-1, lost to San Francisco in playoffs)LAST SEASON: Survived slew of injuries, including to QB Aaron Rodgers, TE Jermichael Finley and LB Clay Matthews to win third straight NFC North title. Defense suffered from lack of playmakers down stretch, especially when Matthews was out. Run defense slipped after strong start and S Morgan Burnett had subpar year after signing big contract in offseason. RB Eddie Lacy emerged with big rookie year to balance offense.
THEY NEED: S, LB, TE, DT, WR, OL.
THEY DON'T NEED: QB, RB.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: Pryor. Packers got burned deep over middle too many times. Could also use a safety to lay out running backs, too.
22. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (10-6, lost to New Orleans in playoffs)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Eagles acted quickly to sign veteran safety Malcolm Jenkins to fill big need. Also signed cornerback Nolan Carroll to add depth, picked up special-team specialists Chris Maragos and Bryan Braman, and added QB Mark Sanchez to back up Nick Foles. But released three-time Pro Bowl WR DeSean Jackson, who was coming off best season, and lost two main team leaders in quarterback Michael Vick and wide receiver Jason Avant.
THEY NEED: WR to replace Jackson, DB, LB, OL, DL.
THEY DON'T NEED: QB, RB, TE.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: WRs Lee, Beckham Jr., Cooks, Benjamin; CB Bradley Roby, Ohio State.
23. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (11-5, lost to Indianapolis in playoffs)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Wait, free agency started? Cash-strapped Chiefs have been quiet out of necessity. Began offseason up against salary cap and position has not changed. Only notable signings have been DT Vance Walker, OL Jeff Linkenbach and LB Joe Mays. Barely makes a dent in their needs.
THEY NEED: WR, FS, OL, DE, LB, TE, QB.
THEY DON'T NEED: RB, CB, SS, K, P.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: Chiefs would love to see Louisville's Pryor drop to No. 23. Unless that happens, look for them to draft best available WR to take pressure off Dwayne Bowe. Oregon State's Cooks fits mold of fast, versatile playmakers coach Andy Reid prefers in his West Coast offense. Chiefs only have one pick in first 86, so they must make it count.
24. CINCINNATI BENGALS (11-5, lost to San Diego in playoffs)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Bengals lost couple of important players in DE Michael Johnson and OT Anthony Collins. They've signed S Danieal Manning and OT Marshall Newhouse. With DT Geno Atkins still recovering from reconstructive knee surgery and Johnson gone, need to restock line. Cornerback is need, and there are a lot of highly rated ones available. With Leon Hall recovering from ruptured Achilles tendon, top CBs are Terence Newman and Adam "Pacman" Jones, who turn 36 and 31, respectively. LB James Harrison was released after one season, so there's role open for outside pass rusher.
THEY NEED: DL, CB, LB, OL.
THEY DON'T NEED: QB, RB, WR.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: One of top CBs: — Dennard or Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech; DL Kony Ealy, Missouri.
25. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS (9-7, lost in playoffs to Denver)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Chargers addressed offensive line by re-signing C-G Rich Ohrnberger and G Chad Rinehart, and cornerback, where they re-signed Richard Marshall and added Brandon Ghee. Other Chargers choosing to stay include ILB Donald Butler, special teams captain Darrell Stuckey, LB Reggie Walker and WR Seyi Ajirotutu. Key additions have been RB Donald Brown and backup QB Kellen Clemens.
THEY NEED: CB, WR, NT, pass rusher, interior OL depth.
THEY DON'T NEED: QB, RB, PK, P, TE.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: NT Louis Nix, Notre Dame.
27. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (11-5, lost to Seattle in playoffs)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Despite apparent salary-cap constraints, Saints managed to add one of top safeties available in Jairus Byrd as well as accomplished veteran CB Champ Bailey. Byrd will replace Malcolm Jenkins, who left for Philadelphia. FB Jed Collins left for Detroit, replaced by Erik Lorig, formerly with Tampa Bay. C Brian de la Puente left for Chicago. New Orleans also released several veterans, including CB Jabari Greer, S Roman Harper, DE Will Smith, and WR Lance Moore.
THEY NEED: CB, WR, LB.
THEY DON'T NEED: QB, RB, DT.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: Lee, Cooks, DE Dee Ford, Auburn.
28. CAROLINA PANTHERS (12-4, lost to San Francisco in playoffs)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Salary-cap strapped Panthers lost much more than they've gained. Carolina's four WRs from 2013 are gone (Steve Smith, Brandon LaFell, Ted Ginn Jr., Domenik Hixon). OLs Jordan Gross and Geoff Hangartner retired, DBs Captain Munnerlyn and Mike Mitchell left. Restocked with affordable WRs Jerricho Cotchery, Tiquan Underwood and Jason Avant, CB Antoine Cason, TE Ed Dickson and Ss Roman Harper and Thomas DeCoud.
THEY NEED: LT to take over for Gross, WR, CB and S.
THEY DON'T NEED: QB, RB, front seven on defense.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: OT Morgan Moses, Virginia.
29. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (12-4, beat Indianapolis, lost to Denver in playoffs)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Patriots have been unusually active, particularly with defensive backs. They added Darrelle Revis to replace top CB Aqib Talib, who signed with Denver. They signed CB Brandon Browner, who missed Super Bowl with Seattle while suspended for violating NFL's drug policy and must sit out first four games of 2013. Re-signed S Patrick Chung from Philadelphia; added WR Brandon LaFell, who figures to help mediocre receiving corps; and had no interest in retaining starting LB Brandon Spikes. RB LeGarrette Blount and backup LB Dane Fletcher also left.
THEY NEED: RB, TE, DE, LB.
THEY DON'T NEED: QB, OL, DB.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: Ford.
30. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (12-4, beat Green Bay and Carolina, lost to Seattle in playoffs)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: San Francisco re-signed WR Anquan Boldin and PK Phil Dawson, while adding S Antoine Bethea to replaced departed Donte Whitner. 49ers also acquired OL Jonathan Martin from Miami as he looks to put Dolphins' bullying scandal behind and get fresh start under his former coach at Stanford, Jim Harbaugh.
THEY NEED: CBs after Tarell Brown and Carlos Rogers signed with Oakland. WRs, LBs — All-Pro NaVorro Bowman is recovering major knee injury.
THEY DON'T NEED: DL.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: Dennard.
31. DENVER BRONCOS (12-4, beat San Diego and New England in playoffs, lost to Seattle in Super Bowl)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: GM John Elway once again filled his most glaring holes with free agents so he can spend draft weekend looking for best players regardless of position. He focused on defense, committing $66 million in guaranteed money to four players: DE DeMarcus Ware, S T.J. Ward, CB Aqib Talib and WR Emmanuel Sanders.
THEY NEED: LB, especially MLB so they don't have to move Danny Trevathan inside. G, CB, WR.
THEY DON'T NEED: QB, DE, DT.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: OG Xavier Su'a-Filo, UCLA.
32. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (13-3, won Super Bowl)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Focused more on planning for long term than seeking immediate gains in free agency. Re-signed DE Michael Bennett before free agency started, signed All-Pro FS Earl Thomas to extension and working on same with All-Pro CB Richard Sherman. Seahawks did lose WR Golden Tate, OLs Breno Giacomini and Paul McQuistan, DLs Chris Clemons and Red Bryant, and CB Walter Thurmond, creating some concerns about depth, especially along the line.
THEY NEED: OL, specifically at guard, big WR, DL depth.
THEY DON'T NEED: QB, RB, CB.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: Su'a-Filo
34. WASHINGTON REDSKINS (3-13)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Harmoniously, stark turnabout from tension last year under now-departed coach Mike Shanahan. Robert Griffin III and teammates are sensing greater freedom under new coach Jay Gruden. GM Bruce Allen's first year in charge of player decisions was surprisingly low-key — until WR DeSean Jackson was given $16 million guaranteed. Defensive lineman Jason Hatcher is another significant addition. There are lots of needs on last-place team, but Allen will have to be patient: Redskins are paying final installment on trade that allowed them to draft Griffin in 2012, so there's no first-round pick.
THEY NEED: RT, LB, DB.
THEY DON'T NEED: WR, QB, RB.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: OT Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama.
59. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (11-5, beat Kansas City, lost to New England in playoffs)HOW FREE AGENCY HAS GONE: Indy spent most of its money re-signing its own players. It kept one of league's top kicking games intact by bringing back P Pat McAfee and K Adam Vinatieri. Keeping CB Vontae Davis and adding DL Arthur Jones and LB D'Qwell Jackson could solidify defense. Adding WR Hakeem Nicks and G Louis Lance could help, and Colts should simply get better if they just get healthy. But Indy suffered major setback when newly signed center Phil Costa suddenly retired.
THEY NEED: C, OG, WR, S.
THEY DON'T NEED: QB, RB.
POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: Hard to tell because the Colts won't pick until No. 59. Perhaps center Weston Richburg, Colorado State.
Follow Viking Update on Twitter and discuss this topic on our message boards. To become a subscriber to the Viking Update web site or magazine, click here.