The Vikings had tried to sign Harris to a two-year deal earlier, but the two sides could not come to an agreement.
Harris, 27, told Viking Update over the weekend that he wanted to return to Minnesota all along but was looking for a better deal. He shortened the deal from two years to one after the Vikings agreed to terms with Alex Boone. He said that he is excited about the direction the team is moving in and he’s excited about the new stadium that the Vikings will be playing in this season.
This is the second free-agent offensive lineman that the Vikings agreed to terms with after doing the same with Boone earlier Wednesday. The plan now seems to be that Boone will come in and be starter at left guard.
Harris played well last year as the Vikings’ starting right guard and is now going to use this one-year deal as a prove-it year in hopes of earning a long-term contract next season with either the Vikings or another team.