Can the Minnesota Vikings really rely on Cordarrelle Patterson to step up his game as a receiver? Tim Yotter of Viking Update and Jim Souhan of the Star Tribune discuss the history, what Mike Zimmer says about it and how Patterson might be able to become more involved. That kicks off our latest episode of the Male Pattern Purple Podcast.
Plus, will a new rule on kickoffs affect Patterson or have the desired intent that the NFL was seeking? The two answers: yes, and we doubt it.
We also discuss other items from the Vikings:
- What’s left to build on the roster?
- Will the pro days of WR prospects hurt them?
- Zimmer continues to be “blunt”
- Should there be concern with Blair Walsh?
And all of our usual segments:
- Stats of the week: Teddy Bridgewater’s downfield throws
- The NFL is weird: Does the NFL get it with player safety, technology and Hard Knocks?
- Predictions are stupid: The upcoming fifth-year options
- What’s irritating us: Sore hips and elevator etiquette
- Yotter grills Souhan: Who will correct errors first, which Minnesota team wins first in the postseason, what about the Twins?
- Post of the podcast: How to use Patterson
Click the play button below, go to MalePatternPodcasts.com or download and subscribe to the podcast on your mobile podcast app using MalePatternPodcasts.com to search (we’re on iTunes, as well as SoundCloud and TuneIn, among others). And please give us a good rating, even if you think one of us is a jerk.