The NFL’s big offseason event – or one of the primary ones – has turned into made-for-television drama, and the league wouldn’t have it any other way, even if there are embarrassments along the way.
But how did the Minnesota Vikings navigate the three-day tour? Viking Update’s Tim Yotter and the Star Tribune’s Jim Souhan chronicle the show, the real picks and what mattered to the Vikings.
- The show stealers, from Laremy Tunsil to Moritz Boehringer
- The contrasts in Laquon Treadwell and Josh Doctson
- How and where will Mackensie Alexander fit?
- What does the selection of David Morgan say?
- One pick that drew wildly divergent analysis
- Is GM Rick Spielman more relaxed these days?
- Who won the draft in the NFC North?
- And, away from the draft, man, that stadium is looking good
Plus, the regular segments:
- Stats of the week: A concern for Treadwell?
- The NFL is weird: YouTube scouting, overdoing the love
- Predictions are stupid: Who’s out if Boehringer is in?
- What’s irritating you: Taking too much (or any) credit
- Yotter grills Souhan: On the Twins and Wolves
- Post of the podcast: Falling in love with picks … and jargon
Click the play button below, go to MalePatternPodcasts.com or download and subscribe to the podcast on your mobile podcast app using MalePatternPodcasts.com to search (we’re on iTunes, as well as SoundCloud and TuneIn, among others). And please give us a good rating, even if you think we are only worth a mid-round pick.