The Minnesota Vikings’ home record in their first preseason game at a new home stadium is 3-1-0.
- 1961 Metropolitan Stadium: Lost 17-21 vs. Los Angeles
- 1982 Mall of America Field: Won 7-3 vs. Seattle
- 2014 TCF Bank Stadium: Won 10-6 vs. Oakland
- 2016 US Bank Stadium: Won 23-10 vs. San Diego
The Vikings are 3-0 in preseason for the 12th time in their 56 seasons.
The Vikings won their 21st game at home on Week 3 of the preseason. This is the team record for most wins in a preseason week.
- 21-8-0 Home (Week 3)
- 18-4-0 Home (Week 4)
The Vikings have now beaten the Chargers the most of any team at home in preseason.
- 8-1 San Diego, 1971-2016
- 7-3 Miami, 1969-2001
The Vikings’ 11 wins over San Diego rank second-most in preseason history.
- 12-8-0 Miami, 1969-2001
- 11-3-1 San Diego, 1969-2016
- 10-3-0 Pittsburgh, 1965-2015
Mike Zimmer tied Dennis Green for most preseason wins in a Vikings coach’s first three seasons.
- 11-3-0 Dennis Green, 1992-94
- 11-1-0 Mike Zimmer, 2014-16
- 10-6-0 Bud Grant, 1967-69
The Vikings set a new attendance record for a preseason game.
- 64,133 vs. San Diego, 8/28/2016
- 63,960 vs. San Francisco, 8/27/2004
- 63,845 vs. Tennessee, 8/23/2002
Shaun Hill tied a team record by becoming only the second QB to have to successful two-point conversion in a preseason game.
- 2 Shaun Hill, 2016
- 2 Gary Cuozzo, 1968