GAME NOTES vs. CHICAGO
Sam Bradford set the NFL record for highest completion percentage in a season and becomes only the sixth NFL QB to hit 70 or better in completion percentage in 97 NFL seasons.
- 71.6 Sam Bradford, Minnesota, 2016
- 71.2 Drew Brees, New Orleans, 2011
- 70.9 Drew Brees, New Orleans, 2016
- 70.6 Drew Brees, New Orleans, 2009
- 70.6 Ken Anderson, Cincinnati, 1982
- 70.3 Sammy Baugh, Washington, 1945
- 70.3 Steve Young, San Francisco, 1994
- 70.2 Joe Montana, San Francisco, 1989
Bradford set a Minnesota Vikings record for most completions in a season.
- 395 Sam Bradford, 2016
- 379 Daunte Culpepper, 2004 Led NFL
- 377 Warren Moon, 1995
- 371 Warren Moon, 1994 Led NFC
- 363 Brett Favre, 2009
Bradford set a team record for highest completion percentage in a season.
- 71.6 Sam Bradford, 2016
- 69.2 Daunte Culpepper, 2004
- 68.4 Brett Favre, 2009
Bradford tied a team record with his fifth game of the season with a completion percentage of 75 or higher.
- 5 Brett Favre, 2009
- 5 Sam Bradford, 2016
Bradford becomes the third Vikings QB to reach 20 TDs passing in his first season with the team.
- 33 Brett Favre, 2009
- 23 Jeff George, 1999
- 20 Sam Bradford, 2016
Kyle Rudolph set a team record for most career touchdowns by a tight end.
- 29 Kyle Rudolph, 2011-16
- 28 Steve Jordan, 1982-94
Rudolph set a team record for most receptions in a season by a TE.
- 83 Kyle Rudolph, 2016
- 79 Joe Senser, 1981
- 71 Jermaine Wiggins, 2004
Rudolph tied a team record for most receptions in a game by a tight end.
- 11 Kyle Rudolph vs. Chicago, 1/1/2017
- 11 Joe Senser vs. Green Bay, 11/29/1981
Rudolph’s 11 receptions vs. the Bears ranks third-most in the series and the most by a TE.
- 12 Randy Moss, 11/14/1999
- 12 Jake Reed, 9/7/1997
- 11 Kyle Rudolph, 1/1/2017
- 11 Jake Reed, 10/28/1996
Rudolph becomes the Vikings third TE to gain 800 yards in a season.
- 1,004 Joe Senser, 1981
- 859 Steve Jordan, 1986
- 840 Kyle Rudolph, 2016
Rudolph’s receiving yards ranks on Sunday rank fourth-most a Vikings TE in a game.
- 179 Steve Jordan @ Washington, 11/2/1986
- 136 Visanthe Shiancoe vs. Atlanta, 12/21/2008
- 123 Gordon Smith @ San Francisco, 11/26/1961
- 117 Kyle Rudolph vs. Chicago, 1/1/2017
Jeff Locke tied a team record for most punts inside the 20 for a season.
- 34 Jeff Locke, 2015
- 34 Chris Kluwe, 2007
Xavier Rhodes intercepted his fifth pass of the season and led the team for the first time.
Adam Thielen led the team in receiving yards for the first time with 967.
Everson Griffen scored his third career TD with his 20-yard opponent fumble return for a touchdowns. In 2012, he scored on a 29-yard interception return and in 2014 a 43-yard blocked punt return.
This is the 24th time the Vikings have closed out the season in a home finale, and they have a winning percentage of .667 and record of 16-8 in those games.
The Vikings starting defensive line of Griffen, Brian Robison, Shamar Stephen and Linval Joseph started all 16 games this season. The last time all four players started each game was 1977 with Jim Marshall, Alan Page, Doug Sutherland and Carl Eller.
The Vikings have played the Bears on New Year’s Day is four of their six games on Jan. 1. They are 2-2 in those games.