The Vikings brought back five of their own Monday, as the team announced its 2003 practice squad (Version 1.0).
Among the players were a pair of Minnesota collegiates -- University of Minnesota offensive lineman Adam Haayer and St. Cloud State wide receiver Ben Nelson. The others are RB Larry Ned, OL Adam Goldberg and CB Horace Willis.
* CB Ken Irvin practiced Monday and is expected to be activated for Sunday's game. VU is being told he will be the No. 3 cornerback used Sunday.
* For the record, Brian Williams will start at CB, with Eric Kelly as the dime CB and Rushen Jones slated as the fifth corner.
* Doug Chapman didn't practice Monday and isn't expected to be active for Sunday's game -- barring a big-time recovery later this week.
* A pair of Vikings got assigned new numbers, as is the wont of the NFL to have receivers wearing numbers in the 80s and other positions assigned designated numbers. Wide receivers Kenny Clark and Keenan Howry got the switches. Clark will wear No. 89 and Howry will wear No. 82.
* Here's hoping No. 82 won't be a kiss of death for Howry. Derrick Alexander had the number until he was released and Robert Baker wore it before he was one of the final roster cuts Sunday.
Practice Squad Named
Viking Update Top Stories
Sunday slant: Planning for future has risksThe Minnesota Vikings have plenty of salary-cap space, but most of that is likely to be allocated for extensions.
Viking Update7:48 AM
Youth movement?Are the Minnesota Vikings looking to get younger in a hurry? The lack of older outside veterans brought in is silently speaking volumes.
Viking Update6:49 AM
Holler: You think you've got pain?When it comes to painful sports losses, there's something about 'Sconny and nobody has lived out that nightmare more than the Packers. What kind of pain would you rather have?
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:08 AM
Peterson responds to report on asking priceAdrian Peterson responded to a report about his asking price in free agency, but it’s still not clear what his asking price really is.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:11 AM
Vikings release 2014 3rd-round pick CrichtonAfter a lackluster three years with the Minnesota Vikings, Scott Crichton is out on the open market.
Viking UpdateFriday at 11:10 AM