The Vikings brought back five of their own Monday, as the team announced its 2003 practice squad (Version 1.0).
Among the players were a pair of Minnesota collegiates -- University of Minnesota offensive lineman Adam Haayer and St. Cloud State wide receiver Ben Nelson. The others are RB Larry Ned, OL Adam Goldberg and CB Horace Willis.
* CB Ken Irvin practiced Monday and is expected to be activated for Sunday's game. VU is being told he will be the No. 3 cornerback used Sunday.
* For the record, Brian Williams will start at CB, with Eric Kelly as the dime CB and Rushen Jones slated as the fifth corner.
* Doug Chapman didn't practice Monday and isn't expected to be active for Sunday's game -- barring a big-time recovery later this week.
* A pair of Vikings got assigned new numbers, as is the wont of the NFL to have receivers wearing numbers in the 80s and other positions assigned designated numbers. Wide receivers Kenny Clark and Keenan Howry got the switches. Clark will wear No. 89 and Howry will wear No. 82.
* Here's hoping No. 82 won't be a kiss of death for Howry. Derrick Alexander had the number until he was released and Robert Baker wore it before he was one of the final roster cuts Sunday.
Practice Squad Named
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings have plenty of optionsRoger Goodell won't announce a Minnesota Vikings pick, but the water is fine for Minnesota to enter as the war room assesses the landscape of the 2017 draft ready to make their…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 11:48 PM
Mocks for Minnesota on Day 2The speculative mock drafts run deeper than the first round, with 212 versions of 52 mock drafts munched by Scout.com. Here is how some of them saw the Minnesota Vikings going in…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:25 PM
Vikings testify to production after Round 1The Minnesota Vikings didn’t have a first-round pick, but those drafted after Day 1 testify to the importance of what they do after the draft, not where they were drafted.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:03 PM
2017 VIKINGS DRAFT GUIDEInformation on the Minnesota Vikings' 2017 draft, from where they pick to position analysis, links to stories, mock drafts and more.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:35 PM
Viking Update final mock draft, Round 2A late legal issue forces a former first-round value down to the bottom of the second round in our NFL mock draft, and a couple of other late changes in the second round.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 11:58 AM