The Minnesota Vikings had the third-most players on the NFL Players Association top-50 sales list for the sales period of March 1 through Nov. 30, 2016.
The Vikings placed four players in the top-50, although not one in the top 30.
Bridgewater was lost for the season on Aug. 30, when he suffered a dislocated knee, multiple ligament tears and other damage during a preseason practice, so it’s likely he would have been further up the list had he been able to play in 2016.
Smith, who made the Pro Bowl for the second straight year, was second among Vikings with 104 tackles, including four for a loss, and added two sacks, five quarterback hurries, one fumble recovery and three passes defensed, according to coaches’ stats.
Diggs and Smith were two of three players to enter the top-50 sales list for the first time in the third quarter, joined by Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott.
Peterson played in only three games in 2016 and, like Bridgewater, he likely would have been further up the list with more playing time during the first half of the season.
The Cowboys were one of two teams with five players on the top-50 list, including Ezekiel Elliott (2nd), Dez Bryant (3rd), Prescott (8th), TE Jason Witten (13th) and QB Tony Romo (15th).
The Seattle Seahawks also placed five players in the Top 50 Player Sales List for the third straight quarter. QB Russell Wilson was sixth, CB Richard Sherman was 21st, WR Tyler Lockett was 39th, S Kam Chancellor was 47th and TE Jimmy Graham was 50th.
After the Vikings with four players, four teams (the Patriots, Packers, Steelers and Raiders) had three players featured, while six other teams were represented with two players each.
New England QB Tom Brady regained the top spot on the list in the first data that involves sales during the 2016 season. The time period for those sales spanned March 1 through Nov. 30.
Six quarterbacks were in the top 10. In addition to Brady, Philadelphia rookie Carson Wentz was fifth, Seattle’s Russell Wilson was sixth, Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers was seventh, Dallas rookie Dak Prescott was eighth and Carolina’s Cam Newton was 10th.
In addition to Elliott and Bryant, the other non-quarterbacks in the top 10 were New York Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr. and Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski.
The Top 50 Player Sales List is released quarterly by the NFLPA, via its licensing and marketing arm NFL Players Inc., and is based on overall sales of all NFL player licensed products via online and traditional retail outlets as reported by more than 80 NFLPA licensees.
TOP 50 NFL PLAYERS IN SALES (3/1-11/30/2016)
- 1. Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots
- 2. Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Dallas Cowboys
- 3. Dez Bryant, WR, Dallas Cowboys
- 4. Odell Beckham Jr., WR, New York Giants
- 5. Carson Wentz, QB, Philadelphia Eagles
- 6. Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks
- 7. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers
- 8. Dak Prescott, QB, Dallas Cowboys
- 9. Rob Gronkowski, TE, New England Patriots
- 10. Cam Newton, QB, Carolina Panthers
- 11. Antonio Brown, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers
- 12. J.J. Watt, DE, Houston Texans
- 13. Jason Witten, TE, Dallas Cowboys
- 14. Tony Romo, QB, Dallas Cowboys
- 15. Von Miller, LB, Denver Broncos
- 16. Derek Carr, QB, Oakland Raiders
- 17. Todd Gurley, RB, Los Angeles Rams
- 18. Luke Kuechly, LB, Carolina Panthers
- 19. Amari Cooper, WR, Oakland Raiders
- 20. Khalil Mack, LB, Oakland Raiders
- 21. Richard Sherman, DB, Seattle Seahawks
- 22. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers
- 23. Clay Matthews, LB, Green Bay Packers
- 24. Le’Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers
- 25. Jordy Nelson, WR, Green Bay Packers
- 26. Julian Edelman, WR, New England Patriots
- 27. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Arizona Cardinals
- 28. Marcus Mariota, QB, Tennessee Titans
- 29. Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints
- 30. Andrew Luck, QB, Indianapolis Colts
- 31. Julio Jones, WR, Atlanta Falcons
- 32. Eli Manning, QB, New York Giants
- 33. Navorro Bowman, LB, San Francisco 49ers
- 34. Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Minnesota Vikings
- 35. Jameis Winston, QB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- 36. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Houston Texans
- 37. A.J. Green, WR, Cincinnati Bengals
- 38. Jared Goff, QB, Los Angeles Rams
- 39. Tyler Lockett, WR, Seattle Seahawks
- 40. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Denver Broncos
- 41. Harrison Smith, DB, Minnesota Vikings
- 42. Kirk Cousins, QB, Washington Redskins
- 43. Stefon Diggs, WR, Minnesota Vikings
- 44. Jarvis Landry, WR, Miami Dolphins
- 45. Brandon Marshall, WR, New York Jets
- 46. Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears
- 47. Kam Chancellor, DB, Seattle Seahawks
- 48. Carlos Hyde, RB, San Francisco 49ers
- 49. Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota Vikings
- 50. Jimmy Graham, TE, Seattle Seahawks