GAME NOTES vs. GREEN BAY
1) This was the Vikings' first win at Lambeau Field since 1998. The Vikings are now 42-41-1 versus the Packers, and on the road Minnesota is 21-21-1. The Vikings improve their season opener record to 24-18-1, and 8-12-1 on the road.
2) Brian Williams' 77-yard interception return was his career longest and the second of his career. It tied Paul Krause's 77-yard return vs. Pittsburgh in 1969 as 10th longest in team history, and third-longest non-scoring return.
3) Randy Moss' seven first downs receiving give him a career total of 306, which moves him past Jake Reed's 301 and into fourth place overall in team history.
4) Daunte Culpepper's three touchdowns passing give him a career total of 68, which moves him into third place in team history. He surpasses Wade Wilson's 66.
5) Culpepper's QB rating of 104.2 gives him his 15th career game with a rating of 100 or more. He surpassed Tommy Kramer's 14 and moved into second place behind Fran Tarkenton's 37.
6) Intercepting Brett Farve four times is a first for the Vikings defense. The previous high was three interceptions against Favre on Nov. 17, 2002. The last time the Vikings intercepted four passes against Green Bay was 27 years ago on Nov. 21, 1976.
7) Culpepper's 50 yards rushing give him a career total of 1,551, which is a team record by a QB in his first five seasons.
8) Randy Moss' 150 yards receiving give him his 31st career 100-yard game. He tied a team record with four consecutive 100-yard games receiving. Reed, Cris Carter and Moss had all done that previously.
9) Eddie Johnson becomes the first Vikings rookie to punt in a season opener since Mike Wood in 1978. He became only the fifth rookie punter in team history to play in a game.
Record Seekers vs. Packers
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings sign 3 from NFL’s veteran combineThe Minnesota Vikings are switching positions for a former offensive player after re-signing him on defense and adding two to the offense.
Viking Update10:31 AM
Vikings believe Murray has ‘the slither’Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer talked about the different ways the team’s newest running back, Latavius Murray, can help the offense.
Viking Update9:55 AM
NFL talks rules changes, safetyAt the annual spring owners meetings, Roger Goodell and Competition Committee Chair Rich McKay took questions on the state of the game.
Viking Update6:30 AM
New tackles tough, but pass-pro tough?The Minnesota Vikings signed two offensive tackles and Mike Zimmer has offered his thoughts on them several times this week.
Viking Update5:06 AM