GAME NOTES vs. GREEN BAY
1) This was the Vikings' first win at Lambeau Field since 1998. The Vikings are now 42-41-1 versus the Packers, and on the road Minnesota is 21-21-1. The Vikings improve their season opener record to 24-18-1, and 8-12-1 on the road.
2) Brian Williams' 77-yard interception return was his career longest and the second of his career. It tied Paul Krause's 77-yard return vs. Pittsburgh in 1969 as 10th longest in team history, and third-longest non-scoring return.
3) Randy Moss' seven first downs receiving give him a career total of 306, which moves him past Jake Reed's 301 and into fourth place overall in team history.
4) Daunte Culpepper's three touchdowns passing give him a career total of 68, which moves him into third place in team history. He surpasses Wade Wilson's 66.
5) Culpepper's QB rating of 104.2 gives him his 15th career game with a rating of 100 or more. He surpassed Tommy Kramer's 14 and moved into second place behind Fran Tarkenton's 37.
6) Intercepting Brett Farve four times is a first for the Vikings defense. The previous high was three interceptions against Favre on Nov. 17, 2002. The last time the Vikings intercepted four passes against Green Bay was 27 years ago on Nov. 21, 1976.
7) Culpepper's 50 yards rushing give him a career total of 1,551, which is a team record by a QB in his first five seasons.
8) Randy Moss' 150 yards receiving give him his 31st career 100-yard game. He tied a team record with four consecutive 100-yard games receiving. Reed, Cris Carter and Moss had all done that previously.
9) Eddie Johnson becomes the first Vikings rookie to punt in a season opener since Mike Wood in 1978. He became only the fifth rookie punter in team history to play in a game.
Record Seekers vs. Packers
Viking Update Top Stories
Zimmer sees class of 2015 stepping upThe Vikings find themselves in a desperate current situation, but Mike Zimmer has long-term optimism over a couple of Day 2 picks from the 2015 draft
Viking Update5:21 AM
Boone wary of Jaguars with nothing to loseAt 2-10, the Jacksonville Jaguars have one of the worst records in the NFL, but Vikings guard Alex Boone said the team can't overlook the Jags because they're better than their…
Viking Update5:04 AM
Harris sees maturation in his gameMinnesota Vikings safety Harrison Smith isn't expected to play Sunday, so for the second straight year backup Anthony Harris finds himself front and center before a critical late…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 2:12 PM
VIDEO: Priefer seeks better playMinnesota Vikings special teams coordinator Mike Priefer talks about a homecoming to Jacksonville and his desire to see better play from his special teams.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:45 PM