You could see the frustration on Randy Moss' face following the Vikings opening-day loss to the Chicago Bears. After catching a career low one pass and being thrown at just three times, Moss was a little angry.
"I can't remember the last time I caught one pass in a game," Moss told VU. "Maybe when I was in seventh or eighth grade.
He will look to make amends tomorrow as the Vikings return to action against the Chicago Bears. And the Bears may be just what the doctor ordered.
In six career games against Chicago, Moss has averaged six catches for 99 yards and a touchdown per game. The Vikings intend to get the passing game going early and Moss will be a key for that.
* The Vikings offense is still struggling early. In five games this season, the Vikings have scored just seven points in the first quarter with the first-team offense.
* In a correction to yesterday's update, we inadvartently misplaced underscoring between the words of the Campbell's Soup website. The company is giving away up to 5 million cans of soup for hungry families and Viking Update is urging all of you to click to the site often and click on the Vikings helmet. The website to got to is as follows: http://www.chunky.com/click_for_cans.asp We hope you'll join us in helping out this worthy cause.
* The weather forecast calls for cold and rain in Chicago Sunday, which could slow down the Vikings offense.
* Kick returner Nate Jacquet was fined $5,000 for taunting in the Carolina game after throwing a ball at the head of a Panther player. Jacquet, who told VU after the game that he was provoked and mad about being penalized, said he intends to appeal the fine.
* The Vikes have won five straight games at Soldier Field.
* Can the Bears complete passes any shorter? Against the Ravens in Week 1, Shane Matthews completed 24 passes for just 138 yards -- less than six yards per complettion.
Moss Ready For Big Game
Viking Update Top Stories
Cutler returns, praising Vikings defenseBears QB Jay Cutler is returning to action and expects some rust, but he has immense respect for the Minnesota Vikings defense.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 2:43 PM
VIDEO: Bradford breaks down offensive issuesWhile Sam Bradford has generally had an impressive start to his time with the Minnesota Vikings, that didn't translate last week. He discusses the offensive struggles against the…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 2:33 PM
VIDEO: Zimmer blasts report, talks BearsMinnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer defends his character after an erroneous report that was later corrected went viral, but Zimmer settled in to talk Bears mostly on Thursday.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 1:39 PM
Vikings look to turn the pageComing off their first loss of the season, the Minnesota Vikings are looking to shake the label of being soft and get back to their winning ways at Soldier Field Monday, a place…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:28 PM
Patterson sits out; Treadwell, Wright returnThe Minnesota Vikings’ rotating injury concerns at wide receiver continued this week.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 11:52 AM