The Minnesota Vikings player who didn’t play at all last year led the team in player-identified merchandise sales.
Teddy Bridgewater suffered a season-ending knee injury on Aug. 30 last year during a preseason practice, but he still came in at No. 35 overall on the NFL’s player-identified merchandise and products sold by more than 80 official NFLPA licensees via online and traditional outlets.
Dallas Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott became the first rookie to finish a year atop the Top 50 Player Sales List. The list is based on total sales of officially licensed NFL player merchandise, tracking year-end results from March 1, 2016 through February 28, 2017.
Another Cowboys rookie, QB Dak Prescott, finished No. 2 on the list and moved up six spots at the end of third quarterback of the fiscal year.
Super Bowl-winning QB Tom Brady continued his strong sales, finishing third on the list, followed by Cowboys WR Dez Bryant and New York Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr.
Quarterbacks took 19 of the top 50 spots and wide receivers had 17 places on the list. Smith was one of only nine defensive players. Only three running backs and two tight ends made the list.
Diggs was one of 10 players that was on the 2016 Rising 50 list that made the top-50 list this year, joining Todd Gurley, Kirk Cousins, Jared Goff, DeAndre Hopkins, Carson Wentz, Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett and Jarvis Landry.
From a team perspective, the Seahawks and Cowboys had five players in the top 50. The Vikings were one of five teams with three players on the list, joining the Patriots, Packers, Steelers and Raiders.
Top 50 Player Sales List (March 1, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017)
1. Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Dallas Cowboys
2. Dak Prescott, QB, Dallas Cowboys
3. Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots
4. Dez Bryant, WR, Dallas Cowboys
5. Odell Beckham Jr., WR, New York Giants
6. Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks
7. Carson Wentz, QB, Philadelphia Eagles
8. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers
9. Rob Gronkowski, TE, New England Patriots
10. Cam Newton, QB, Carolina Panthers
11. Antonio Brown, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers
12. Jason Witten, TE, Dallas Cowboys
13. J.J. Watt, DE, Houston Texans
14. Von Miller, LB, Denver Broncos
15. Tony Romo, QB, Dallas Cowboys
16. Derek Carr, QB, Oakland Raiders
17. Khalil Mack, LB, Oakland Raiders
18. Todd Gurley, RB, Los Angeles Rams
19. Amari Cooper, WR, Oakland Raiders
20. Julio Jones, WR, Atlanta Falcons
21. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers
22. Julian Edelman, WR, New England Patriots
23. Luke Kuechly, LB, Carolina Panthers
24. Richard Sherman, DB, Seattle Seahawks
25. Jordy Nelson, WR, Green Bay Packers
26. Le’Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers
27. Clay Matthews, LB, Green Bay Packers
28. Eli Manning, QB, New York Giants
29. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Arizona Cardinals
30. Marcus Mariota, QB, Tennessee Titans
31. Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints
32. Matt Ryan, QB, Atlanta Falcons
33. Andrew Luck, QB, Indianapolis Colts
34. Jameis Winston, QB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
35. Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Minnesota Vikings
36. NaVorro Bowman, LB, San Francisco 49ers
37. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Houston Texans
38. A.J. Green, WR, Cincinnati Bengals
39. Kirk Cousins, QB, Washington Redskins
40. Jared Goff, QB, Los Angeles Rams
41. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Denver Broncos
42. Jarvis Landry, WR, Miami Dolphins
43. Tyler Lockett, WR, Seattle Seahawks
44. Harrison Smith, S, Minnesota Vikings
45. Matthew Stafford, QB, Detroit Lions
46. Stefon Diggs, WR, Minnesota Vikings
47. Kam Chancellor, S Seattle Seahawks
48. Brandon Marshall, WR, New York Jets
49. Doug Baldwin, WR, Seattle Seahawks
50. Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears
*Team listed indicates player’s team for sales during the 2016 season