BEARS-VIKINGS GAME NOTES
1) Attendance of 64,144 is a new home-opening team record.
2) Randy Moss' 11 yards rushing give him a career total of 152, which moves him into second place in team history for a wide receiver. He surpassed Bob Grim's 147 yards and trails Anthony Carter's 290 yards.
3) Kelly Campbell's 51-yard reception was his career long.
4) Onterrio Smith's 47 yards rushing ranks second-most in team history by a Vikings rookie in his first NFL game played. It was 10 more yards than Michael Bennett's 37-yard debut on Sept. 9, 2001 and 10 yards less than D. J. Dozier's 57 yards on Sept. 13, 1987.
5) Moe Williams had his second career 100-yard rushing game as a Viking. His 108 yards rushing is his second-highest total.
6) The Vikings' record on Sunday night is now 13-9, 9-5 at home. Their record is 26-16-1 in home openers.
7) Daunte Culpepper's 20 completions give him a career total of 900, which moves him past Warren Moon's 882 and into fourth place in team history.
8) Matt Birk started his 50th consecutive game, which ranks third-most by a center in Vikings history. He trails Jeff Christy's 60 and Mick Tingelhoff's 240.
Record Seekers vs. Bears
Viking Update Top Stories
Zimmer: ‘I let an awful lot of people down’Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer seems to understand the seriousness of his eye surgery, but felt he let people down by not being able to coach on Thursday.
Viking Update2:06 PM
Zimmer: Surgery should allow him to flyMinnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer told KFAN that he had a different kind of fluid injected into his eye that would allow him to fly to Jacksonville this week as long as no…
Viking Update1:15 PM
Zimmer returns to practice with eye coveredAs the Minnesota Vikings returned to practice with three players out, head coach Mike Zimmer was back with his surgically repaired right eye covered.
Viking Update9:23 AM
Bridging the gap on bridge costsThe pedestrian bridge connecting light rail to U.S. Bank Stadium is $1 million over budget, but, for once, the Vikings won't have to kick in more money to pay for it.
Viking Update6:20 AM
Vikings try to keep the faithThe Minnesota Vikings are in dire straits with their playoff hopes, but they believe they have the “grit” to win out and make the playoffs.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:12 PM