BEARS-VIKINGS GAME NOTES
1) Attendance of 64,144 is a new home-opening team record.
2) Randy Moss' 11 yards rushing give him a career total of 152, which moves him into second place in team history for a wide receiver. He surpassed Bob Grim's 147 yards and trails Anthony Carter's 290 yards.
3) Kelly Campbell's 51-yard reception was his career long.
4) Onterrio Smith's 47 yards rushing ranks second-most in team history by a Vikings rookie in his first NFL game played. It was 10 more yards than Michael Bennett's 37-yard debut on Sept. 9, 2001 and 10 yards less than D. J. Dozier's 57 yards on Sept. 13, 1987.
5) Moe Williams had his second career 100-yard rushing game as a Viking. His 108 yards rushing is his second-highest total.
6) The Vikings' record on Sunday night is now 13-9, 9-5 at home. Their record is 26-16-1 in home openers.
7) Daunte Culpepper's 20 completions give him a career total of 900, which moves him past Warren Moon's 882 and into fourth place in team history.
8) Matt Birk started his 50th consecutive game, which ranks third-most by a center in Vikings history. He trails Jeff Christy's 60 and Mick Tingelhoff's 240.
Record Seekers vs. Bears
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings join growing trend with campThe Minnesota Vikings join a growing trend of having NFL rookies report to training camp before veterans.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 1:35 PM
Heinicke hoping to compete for No. 2 jobTaylor Heinicke is healthy and ready to compete for the No. 2 quarterback job for the Minnesota Vikings, but knows it won’t be easy with Case Keenum in front of him.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:48 AM
Paton staying put for nowMinnesota Vikings Assistant General Manager George Paton took his name out of consideration for the vacant general manager position in Kansas City, but it may not be long until he…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:05 AM
Floyd to serve one more day in jailMinnesota Vikings receiver Michael Floyd got an additional day of jail time and other penalties for violating terms of his house arrest.
Viking UpdateMonday at 1:49 PM