GAME NOTES vs. LIONS
1) This marks only the third time in team history that the Vikings have won the last three games in one season and the first three the next season. It is the 10th time in team history that the Vikings have won six straight regular-season games. Last time was in 2000.
2) This is only the second time in team history that the Vikings started with a 3-0 record against division opponents. The other time was in 1974.
3) Daunte Culpepper's two rushing touchdowns give him 24 rushing TDs for his career, a team record for quarterbacks, surpassing Fran Tarkenton's 22. Culpepper also moved past Steve Grogan and into a second place for most rushing TDs in the first five seasons by a QB in NFL history. Otto Graham (1950-54) had 27.
4) Moe Williams' 61-yard run was his career long. His previous best was 55 yards vs. Indianapolis on Dec. 2, 2001.
5) Brian Russell has intercepted a pass in three straight games. The last Viking to that was Orlando Thomas, when he had interceptions in four straight games from Nov. 23 to Dec. 18, 1995.
6) Gus Frerotte becomes only the second Viking to have two 70-yard passes in a single game. Fran Tarkenton had completions of 76 and 70 yards (both touchdowns) against Los Angeles on Nov. 19, 1972.
7) Randy Moss set a team record with his third career reception of at least 70 yards. Tommy Mason, Gene Washington, Qadry Ismail and Jake Reed all had two.
8) Randy Moss' 85 yards receiving give him a career total of 7,005 yards. He reaches the 7,000-yard milestone in 83 NFL games, which is tied for the second-fastest time span in NFL history. Jerry Rice (1985-90) also reached 7,000 yards in 83 games, and Lance Alworth (1962-68) reached it in 72 games.
9) Randy Moss' two first downs receiving move him into third place in team history with 311 first downs receiving, surpassing Steve Jordan's 310. Cris Carter (1990-2001) had 652, and Anthony Carter (1985-93) had 351.
Record Seekers vs. Lions
Viking Update Top Stories
Patterson, McKinnon remain outThe Minnesota Vikings remained without a couple of key players on offense Friday, but had one return to full participation.
Viking Update1:37 PM
VIDEO: Turner talks run game, pass proMinnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner discusses the issues in the running game, pass protection and more.
Viking Update10:47 AM
McKinnon out of boot, status still uncertainJerick McKinnon couldn’t say whether he would be able to play on Monday night, but the sprained ankle is healing.
Viking Update10:24 AM
VIDEO: Priefer breaks down mistakes in PhillyMinnesota Vikings special teams coordinator Mike Priefer breaks down the breakdowns in Philadelphia and looks forward to Chicago.
Viking Update10:18 AM