GAME NOTES vs. SAN FRANCISCO
1) Randy Moss set a team record for most career yards gained on touchdown receptions with his three touchdown catches of 15, 35 and 59 yards. Moss now has 2,037 touchdown reception yards on 64 scores, surpassing Cris Carter's 1,936 on 110 touchdown receptions.
2) The Vikings' 28-point halftime lead ranks as the sixth-best in team history, with five 31-point leads atop the team charts.
3) Brian Russell became the first Viking to have an interception in the first four games of a season. He tied Issiac Holt (1986), Carl Lee (1988) and Orlando Thomas (1995) for second-most consecutive games with an interception. Paul Krause holds the record with six consecutive games with an interception in 1968.
4) Russell and Corey Chavous became the first pair of Vikings to each have four interceptions after four games.
5) Onterrio Smith and Nate Burleson became the first pair of Vikings rookies to score their first NFL touchdowns in the same game.
6) The last time the Vikings built up a 35-0 lead was in 1992 versus Tampa Bay. This is only the seventh time in team history the Vikings started a game with a 35-0 lead.
7) Moss' 172 receiving yards rank as the third-highest in his career and ties him for 10th-most in team history. He moved into second place in NFL history for most receiving yards in the first six seasons with 7,177. Jerry Rice is the league leader in that category with 7,866 yards from 1985-90.
8) Gus Frerotte's QB rating of 157.2 established a team record, surpassing Warren Moon's 152.9 against New Orleans on Nov. 19, 1995.
9) The Vikings' 105 interception-return yards rank tied for ninth in team history and the most since 114 yards against Pittsburgh in 1995.
Record Seekers vs. 49ers
Viking Update Top Stories
Wilf talks Marshall, PetersonMark Wilf discussed a pair of former Minnesota Vikings, Jim Marshall and Adrian Peterson, hoping for the Hall of Fame at some point.
Viking Update4:35 AM
Looks like Bridgewater is throwing againTeddy Bridgewater gave the appearance he is throwing on land again, but Mike Zimmer's words on Monday painted a different picture.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 3:16 PM
Vikings interest in versatile TE makes senseThe Minnesota Vikings made a strong push for Jared Cook in free agency, but they could be turning their attention to the draft to find another complement to Kyle Rudolph.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:04 AM
What are realistic Peterson numbers?Former Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson remains unsigned. A former agent lays out the landscape for players of A.P.'s age and the recent trends that point downward on contract…
Viking UpdateMonday at 11:04 PM