GAME NOTES vs. SAN FRANCISCO
1) Randy Moss set a team record for most career yards gained on touchdown receptions with his three touchdown catches of 15, 35 and 59 yards. Moss now has 2,037 touchdown reception yards on 64 scores, surpassing Cris Carter's 1,936 on 110 touchdown receptions.
2) The Vikings' 28-point halftime lead ranks as the sixth-best in team history, with five 31-point leads atop the team charts.
3) Brian Russell became the first Viking to have an interception in the first four games of a season. He tied Issiac Holt (1986), Carl Lee (1988) and Orlando Thomas (1995) for second-most consecutive games with an interception. Paul Krause holds the record with six consecutive games with an interception in 1968.
4) Russell and Corey Chavous became the first pair of Vikings to each have four interceptions after four games.
5) Onterrio Smith and Nate Burleson became the first pair of Vikings rookies to score their first NFL touchdowns in the same game.
6) The last time the Vikings built up a 35-0 lead was in 1992 versus Tampa Bay. This is only the seventh time in team history the Vikings started a game with a 35-0 lead.
7) Moss' 172 receiving yards rank as the third-highest in his career and ties him for 10th-most in team history. He moved into second place in NFL history for most receiving yards in the first six seasons with 7,177. Jerry Rice is the league leader in that category with 7,866 yards from 1985-90.
8) Gus Frerotte's QB rating of 157.2 established a team record, surpassing Warren Moon's 152.9 against New Orleans on Nov. 19, 1995.
9) The Vikings' 105 interception-return yards rank tied for ninth in team history and the most since 114 yards against Pittsburgh in 1995.
Record Seekers vs. 49ers
Viking Update Top Stories
Sullivan back at 'inherently dangerous job'Minnesota Vikings center John Sullivan missed the entire 2015 season because of his back injuries, and while there were times that he wasn't sure he'd be able to come back, he is…
Viking Update12:24 PM
VIDEO: Zimmer on O-line, injuriesMinnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer discusses the offensive line, injuries to multiple players and more.
Viking Update11:26 AM
VikingUpdate.com: 4 months for price of 1VikingUpdate.com is having another big introductory offer, right on time for great training camp coverage and well into the season.
Viking Update11:16 AM
VIDEO: Smith on first Vikings training campMinnesota Vikings offensive tackle Andre Smith talks about his first time as a part of the team's training camp, and what it will be like to return to Cincinnati for the joint…
Viking Update11:04 AM