GAME NOTES vs. SAN FRANCISCO
1) Randy Moss set a team record for most career yards gained on touchdown receptions with his three touchdown catches of 15, 35 and 59 yards. Moss now has 2,037 touchdown reception yards on 64 scores, surpassing Cris Carter's 1,936 on 110 touchdown receptions.
2) The Vikings' 28-point halftime lead ranks as the sixth-best in team history, with five 31-point leads atop the team charts.
3) Brian Russell became the first Viking to have an interception in the first four games of a season. He tied Issiac Holt (1986), Carl Lee (1988) and Orlando Thomas (1995) for second-most consecutive games with an interception. Paul Krause holds the record with six consecutive games with an interception in 1968.
4) Russell and Corey Chavous became the first pair of Vikings to each have four interceptions after four games.
5) Onterrio Smith and Nate Burleson became the first pair of Vikings rookies to score their first NFL touchdowns in the same game.
6) The last time the Vikings built up a 35-0 lead was in 1992 versus Tampa Bay. This is only the seventh time in team history the Vikings started a game with a 35-0 lead.
7) Moss' 172 receiving yards rank as the third-highest in his career and ties him for 10th-most in team history. He moved into second place in NFL history for most receiving yards in the first six seasons with 7,177. Jerry Rice is the league leader in that category with 7,866 yards from 1985-90.
8) Gus Frerotte's QB rating of 157.2 established a team record, surpassing Warren Moon's 152.9 against New Orleans on Nov. 19, 1995.
9) The Vikings' 105 interception-return yards rank tied for ninth in team history and the most since 114 yards against Pittsburgh in 1995.
Record Seekers vs. 49ers
Viking Update Top Stories
First half is doom and gloom for JaguarsThe Jacksonville Jaguars are too good to be 2-10, but, despite a talented roster, early struggles have been their undoing all season.
Viking Update8:38 AM
Preview: Jags loaded with talent, turnoversThe Jacksonville Jaguars should be better than their record indicates, but turnovers have been the Jaguars’ undoing.
Viking Update7:59 AM
Podcast: The odds on A.P., playoffsWill Adrian Peterson make it back and should he, and what are the odds the Minnesota Vikings make the playoffs?
Viking Update7:01 AM
Forbath hoping to find permanent homeVikings kicker Kai Forbath arrived in Minnesota under bad circumstances. He's looking to quit moving from town to town and make Minnesota his permanent home.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:19 PM