GAME NOTES vs. FALCONS
1) This was only the sixth time in team history that the Vikings won their first five games of the season. They won their first 10 in 1975, first nine in 1973, first seven in 1998 and 2000, and first five in 1974 and 2003.
2) This was the first time in team history that the Vikings scored two safeties in the same game. The NFL record is three (set by the Los Angeles Rams vs. N.Y. Giants on Sept. 30, 1984). This was only the 16th time in NFL history that a team recorded two safeties in a game.
3) Randy Moss' 81 yards from scrimmage give him a career total of 7,410 yards. He surpassed Ted Brown's total of 7,396 yards and moves into sixth place in team history.
4) Brian Russell intercepted a pass in his fifth consecutive game, which moves him into second place in team history behind Paul Krause's interceptions in six consecutive games in 1968.
5) The Vikings tied a team record from 1974 with 13 interceptions after the first five games in a season.
6) Randy Moss' two touchdown receptions give him a total of five in the past two games. That hasn't happened since his rookie year in 1998, when he scored six TDs in two consecutive games, a team record he shares with Ahmad Rashad (1978-79). Moss joins Cris Carter as the only other Viking to have two strings of five TDs in two consecutive games.
7) Gus Frerotte became only the fourth Vikings QB to have three consecutive games with a pass of 50 or more yards. He has a season total of five plays of at least 50 yards, which ties him for fifth place in team history.
Record Seekers vs. Falcons
Viking Update Top Stories
WATCH: Vikings’ defensive highlightsCatch all the sacks, safeties and interceptions the Minnesota Vikings defense created against the Carolina Panthers.
Viking Update6:22 PM
Vikings finding all the right movesThe Minnesota Vikings aren’t always winning pretty, but so far they are winning often against quality opponents because of a complete team that just finds a way.
Viking Update6:02 PM
Notebook: Vikings create tale of two halvesFor the second straight road game, the Minnesota Vikings offense struggled early and dug a double-digit deficit before storming back for their second road victory of the season…
Viking Update3:33 PM
Vikings continue to overcome obstaclesThe Minnesota Vikings continue to lose key players, but that doesn't seem to effect their play on the field.
Viking Update2:44 PM
Vikings defense rules the day in 22-10 winThe Minnesota Vikings got off to a poor start Sunday, but backed by eight sacks and three interceptions, the Vikings hammered the Carolina Panthers 22-10 in their house.
Viking Update2:23 PM