GAME NOTES vs. FALCONS
1) This was only the sixth time in team history that the Vikings won their first five games of the season. They won their first 10 in 1975, first nine in 1973, first seven in 1998 and 2000, and first five in 1974 and 2003.
2) This was the first time in team history that the Vikings scored two safeties in the same game. The NFL record is three (set by the Los Angeles Rams vs. N.Y. Giants on Sept. 30, 1984). This was only the 16th time in NFL history that a team recorded two safeties in a game.
3) Randy Moss' 81 yards from scrimmage give him a career total of 7,410 yards. He surpassed Ted Brown's total of 7,396 yards and moves into sixth place in team history.
4) Brian Russell intercepted a pass in his fifth consecutive game, which moves him into second place in team history behind Paul Krause's interceptions in six consecutive games in 1968.
5) The Vikings tied a team record from 1974 with 13 interceptions after the first five games in a season.
6) Randy Moss' two touchdown receptions give him a total of five in the past two games. That hasn't happened since his rookie year in 1998, when he scored six TDs in two consecutive games, a team record he shares with Ahmad Rashad (1978-79). Moss joins Cris Carter as the only other Viking to have two strings of five TDs in two consecutive games.
7) Gus Frerotte became only the fourth Vikings QB to have three consecutive games with a pass of 50 or more yards. He has a season total of five plays of at least 50 yards, which ties him for fifth place in team history.
Record Seekers vs. Falcons
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings need more immersion with stadiumFrom LED lights to a translucent roof, Minnesota Vikings receivers need to experience U.S. Bank Stadium more before becoming comfortable with the playing details.
Viking Update5:53 AM
Preview: Too many questions with ChargersThe Minnesota Vikings’ most extensive preseason action for starters is likely to come against a non-playoff team in 2016. The Chargers have some talent, but clouds hanging over the…
Viking Update5:37 AM
New stadium could use the ‘Viking Clap’Minnesota Vikings fans could start their own in-stadium ritual for the inaugural season at U.S. Bank Stadium.
Viking Update5:19 AM
Notebook: Vikings likely without 2 startersThe Minnesota Vikings could be without at least two starters for Sunday’s third preseason game.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 2:14 PM