GAME NOTES vs. FALCONS
1) This was only the sixth time in team history that the Vikings won their first five games of the season. They won their first 10 in 1975, first nine in 1973, first seven in 1998 and 2000, and first five in 1974 and 2003.
2) This was the first time in team history that the Vikings scored two safeties in the same game. The NFL record is three (set by the Los Angeles Rams vs. N.Y. Giants on Sept. 30, 1984). This was only the 16th time in NFL history that a team recorded two safeties in a game.
3) Randy Moss' 81 yards from scrimmage give him a career total of 7,410 yards. He surpassed Ted Brown's total of 7,396 yards and moves into sixth place in team history.
4) Brian Russell intercepted a pass in his fifth consecutive game, which moves him into second place in team history behind Paul Krause's interceptions in six consecutive games in 1968.
5) The Vikings tied a team record from 1974 with 13 interceptions after the first five games in a season.
6) Randy Moss' two touchdown receptions give him a total of five in the past two games. That hasn't happened since his rookie year in 1998, when he scored six TDs in two consecutive games, a team record he shares with Ahmad Rashad (1978-79). Moss joins Cris Carter as the only other Viking to have two strings of five TDs in two consecutive games.
7) Gus Frerotte became only the fourth Vikings QB to have three consecutive games with a pass of 50 or more yards. He has a season total of five plays of at least 50 yards, which ties him for fifth place in team history.
Record Seekers vs. Falcons
Viking Update Top Stories
Viking Update Mock Draft, Version 2The Minnesota Vikings don’t have a first-round pick, but they will be watching talent come off the board in the first round, including selections by their NFC North rivals.
Viking Update9:52 AM
Vikings decision-makers learning the offenseAs the Minnesota Vikings look to improve their offense, the decision-makers are getting more involved on that side of the ball.
Viking Update4:39 AM
Holler: Peterson's days as a Viking numberedWe will likely find out this week whether Adrian Peterson is a Minnesota Viking or not and the smart money is pointing toward "no."
Viking Update4:16 AM
Cornerbacks: Will Vikings have a need?The necessity for free-agent help at cornerback in a flooded market may have more to do with decisions made internally for the guys they already have.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:03 AM