Coach Mike Tice had a big smile on his face as he walked to the front of his team's stretching formation before Monday's full-pad practice.
"I got my guys back," Tice bellowed, looking at Randy Moss and Daunte Culpepper.
Moss and Culpepper returned to practice as the Vikings came off their bye week healthier than they've been since breaking training camp two months ago. Neither had participated in a full-pad workout since before the Detroit game on Sept. 21.
Culpepper fractured three bones and partially cracked a fourth in his lower back against the Lions. He missed the next two games, but will start on Sunday against Denver.
"Daunte's great," Tice said. "He's good to go. He jumps right back in. He's the number one. When I asked him how he felt on a scale of one to 10, he was about a nine."
Moss hasn't missed a game, but had been limited in practice because of back spasms. Tice gave him the entire bye week off.
"I thought about holding him out of practice (Monday)," Tice said. "But he's pretty frisky."
* DL Billy Lyon aggravated his calf injury, but is improving. He's day-to-day.
* LB Chris Claiborne is battling through nagging shoulder and heal injuries. He should be able to play Sunday.
* WR D'Wayne Bates missed his third consecutive game because of a bruised bone in his foot. He practiced Monday.
* LB E.J. Henderson, who suffered a slight tear in his right rotator cuff against the Falcons, returned to practice Monday.
* RB Michael Bennett, who fractured his foot in the offseason and is still on the physically unable to perform list, began jogging last Wednesday.
* WR Nick Davis, who is on the physically unable to perform list with a shoulder injury, is practicing again.
* RB Moe Williams is tied for fifth in the NFC in rushing with 397 yards. He also became the 22nd Viking to surpass 1,000 career rushing yards.
* DE Lance Johnstone, who plays only in passing situations, is tied for fifth in the NFC with four sacks.
Offensive Stars Return
Viking Update Top Stories
Spielman: Bradford in prime of his careerWith the benefit of hindsight, Minnesota Vikings general manager Rick Spielman said he would do the Sam Bradford trade again in a millisecond.
Viking Update5:15 PM
Spielman: Peterson ‘will always be a Viking’While it appears the Minnesota Vikings have made a decision on Adrian Peterson’s future – or lack of it – with the team, they aren’t ready to announce it.
Viking Update2:46 PM
Bridgewater not doing QB activities yetWhile the Minnesota Vikings don’t have any timeline on Teddy Bridgewater’s return to football, he continues to rehab.
Viking Update12:09 PM
Defensive tackles: All about FloydThe Minnesota Vikings currently have little interest in free agent defensive tackles, but that could all change if they don't want to pay Sharrif Floyd's fifth-year contract option…
Viking Update5:01 AM
Combine Research: Offensive Tackles (Part 2)Who was a 235-pound walk-on linebacker? Who opted to become a welder? Whose father was an ambassador to Austria? Those answers and more as we get to know the top offensive tackles.
Packer ReportYesterday at 8:02 PM