GAME NOTES vs. DENVER
1) Brian Russell tied Paul Krause's franchise record with an interception in his sixth consecutive game. Krause did it from Oct. 13 to Nov. 17, 1968.
2) The Vikings set a team record for most interceptions after the first six games of a season. They have 16 so far this year. The old record was 14 in 1988.
3) The attendance of 64,381 was the second-highest total in team history for a home regular-season game. The record is 64,471 against Green Bay on Nov. 22, 1998.
4) Lance Johnstone intercepted the second pass of his career and scored his first touchdown by interception. His 33-yard interception return for a touchdown is the second-longest by a Vikings defensive lineman. Don Hultz holds that record, with a 35-yard return against Philadelphia on Dec. 15, 1963.
5) The Vikings have scored 179 points after the first six games, third in team history behind the 207 in 1998 and 202 in 1965.
6) Randy Moss had 10 catches for 151 yards, his 33rd career 100-yard receiving game. That is second in franchise history to Cris Carter's 40 games with 100 yards receiving. Moss also had his sixth career game with 10 or more receptions. Only Carter (with 14) has more 10-catch games as a Viking.
7) The Vikings are 6-0 for only the fifth time in team history. They started 10-0 in 1975, 9-0 in 1973, and 7-0 in 1998 and 2000.
Record Seekers vs. Broncos
Viking Update Top Stories
VIKINGS DRAFT BOARDThe picks, reaction from players and Minnesota Vikings, analysis, videos and more building throughout the draft.
Viking Update4:00 PM
Triumph and tragedyFew draft prospects have endured more heartbreak - both momentary and permanent - as sixth-round wide receiver Rodney Adams, who is in line to replace Cordarrelle Patterson in the…
Viking Update1:43 PM
Gedeon looking to make a quick impactThe Minnesota Vikings have some vacancies at linebacker, but hope they filled one of them with Michigan tackling machine Ben Gedeon.
Viking Update12:10 PM
VIDEO: Jamaal Stephenson on scouting picksVIDEO: Jamaal Stephenson on scouting picks
Viking Update11:56 AM
VIDEO: Mike Zimmer addresses the picksMike Zimmer addresses the picks the Minnesota Vikings made through the middle of the draft.
Viking Update11:32 AM