GAME NOTES vs. GIANTS
1) Randy Moss set two team records after his 125-yard receiving performance against the New York Giants. He has the most yards receiving in seven consecutive games and most yards in the first seven games of a season. He has 791 yards this season, surpassing his old record of 786 yards in seven consecutive games and surpassing Jake Reed's record of 641 yards in the first seven games of the season.
2) Corey Chavous intercepted his sixth pass of the season, which is only the second time in team history that the Vikings have two players with six interceptions. It is the first time since 1983.
3) Daunte Culpepper moved into second place in team history for most yards passing and most passing touchdowns in a quarterback's first five seasons. Culpepper has 11,434 yards in his career, trailing only Fran Tarkenton's 12,018 (1961-65). Culpepper has 74 touchdowns, trailing Tarkenton's 96 during his first five seasons. Culpepper passed Tommy Kramer's 11,366 yards and 73 touchdowns from 1977-81.
4) Aaron Elling's 51-yard field goal was his career longest.
5) Jack Brewer's blocked punt is the first in Vikings history since Mike Merriweather did it against the Los Angeles Rams on Nov. 5, 1989.
6) Daunte Culpepper went 130 pass attempts without an interception before his first one of the season. That is the sixth-longest streak in team history and Culpepper's career best.
Record Seekers vs. Giants
Viking Update Top Stories
WATCH: Sam Bradford at OTAs, minicampSam Bradford was in charge at Minnesota Vikings organized team activities and minicamp working on the plays that will build the foundation for the 2017 season. Watch two minutes of…
Viking Update5:42 AM
Doleman meets the PopeFormer Minnesota Vikings defensive end Chris Doleman was one of seven Pro Football Hall of Famers to meet the Pope.
Viking Update5:24 AM
League shows Zim respectNFL.com released its annual preseason head coach power rankings and, while ranking the team as a middle-of-the-road squad, Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer was named a top-10 coach.
Viking Update5:01 AM
Elflein adjusting to increased dutiesThird-round rookie Pat Elflein is finding the duties at center require more than they did in college, but he’s getting there and ready to compete for a starting job.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:23 AM