GAME NOTES vs. GIANTS
1) Randy Moss set two team records after his 125-yard receiving performance against the New York Giants. He has the most yards receiving in seven consecutive games and most yards in the first seven games of a season. He has 791 yards this season, surpassing his old record of 786 yards in seven consecutive games and surpassing Jake Reed's record of 641 yards in the first seven games of the season.
2) Corey Chavous intercepted his sixth pass of the season, which is only the second time in team history that the Vikings have two players with six interceptions. It is the first time since 1983.
3) Daunte Culpepper moved into second place in team history for most yards passing and most passing touchdowns in a quarterback's first five seasons. Culpepper has 11,434 yards in his career, trailing only Fran Tarkenton's 12,018 (1961-65). Culpepper has 74 touchdowns, trailing Tarkenton's 96 during his first five seasons. Culpepper passed Tommy Kramer's 11,366 yards and 73 touchdowns from 1977-81.
4) Aaron Elling's 51-yard field goal was his career longest.
5) Jack Brewer's blocked punt is the first in Vikings history since Mike Merriweather did it against the Los Angeles Rams on Nov. 5, 1989.
6) Daunte Culpepper went 130 pass attempts without an interception before his first one of the season. That is the sixth-longest streak in team history and Culpepper's career best.
Record Seekers vs. Giants
Viking Update Top Stories
Bradford sees benefits to full offseasonThe Minnesota Vikings are starting organized team activities this week, giving Sam Bradford a full offseason of practices to execute the offense and learn his personnel.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 11:35 AM
Eighth eye surgery forces break for ZimmerMinnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer will be taking “a few weeks” off after his latest eye surgery.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:51 AM
Purple pendingThe Minnesota Vikings had some hard decisions to make in this year's free agency. As things currently stand, 2018 may be much more challenging for the organization.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 4:14 AM
'Closed' sign coming for some vested vetsAre you ready for some football? As of now, a lot of veteran NFL players aren't locked and loaded with an employer.
Viking UpdateSunday at 5:33 AM