GAME NOTES vs. PACKERS
1) Michael Bennett set a team record for reaching 2,000 yards rushing in the fewest games played. He has 2,021 yards in 30 games, beating Chuck Foreman (1973-75) to the mark by two games.
2) The attendance of 64,482 is a team record, surpassing the 64,471 against Green Bay in 1998.
3) Corey Chavous intercepted his seventh pass in eight games, tying a team record for most interceptions after eight games. He shares the mark with Bobby Bryant (1969) and Paul Krause (1975).
4) Daunte Culpepper started his 49th game, which moves him into third place among quarterbacks in team history, surpassing Wade Wilson's 48 starts. Tommy Kramer started 110 and Fran Tarkenton made 171 starts.
5) Randy Moss' six receptions give him a season total of 52. That moves him into a second-place tie with Ahmad Rashad (1976-81) for most consecutive seasons with 50 receptions. Cris Carter (1991-01) had 11 consecutive seasons with at least 50 receptions.
Record Seekers vs. Packers
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings shut out from compensatory picksWhile four teams were awarded four compensatory picks each in the 2017 NFL Draft and 16 teams got at least one compensatory pick, the Minnesota Vikings weren't among them.
Scout NFL NetworkYesterday at 12:29 PM
Podcast: Keys to Shurmur, keys for SouhanJim Souhan arrives late, rants on technology and we eventually dive into Pat Shurmur’s strengths and more Minnesota Vikings topics.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:32 AM
Spielman saw progress in Kalil before injuryThe Minnesota Vikings will be looking for a left tackle in free agency, but that might not exclude their own free agent, Matt Kalil.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:15 AM
Outside Linebacker: Replacing GreenwayIt’s been almost two months since the Vikings’ last game and we’re still waiting for the announcement of Chad Greenway’s retirement. Who will replace him? There are candidates.
Viking UpdateThursday at 10:44 PM