GAME NOTES vs. PACKERS
1) Michael Bennett set a team record for reaching 2,000 yards rushing in the fewest games played. He has 2,021 yards in 30 games, beating Chuck Foreman (1973-75) to the mark by two games.
2) The attendance of 64,482 is a team record, surpassing the 64,471 against Green Bay in 1998.
3) Corey Chavous intercepted his seventh pass in eight games, tying a team record for most interceptions after eight games. He shares the mark with Bobby Bryant (1969) and Paul Krause (1975).
4) Daunte Culpepper started his 49th game, which moves him into third place among quarterbacks in team history, surpassing Wade Wilson's 48 starts. Tommy Kramer started 110 and Fran Tarkenton made 171 starts.
5) Randy Moss' six receptions give him a season total of 52. That moves him into a second-place tie with Ahmad Rashad (1976-81) for most consecutive seasons with 50 receptions. Cris Carter (1991-01) had 11 consecutive seasons with at least 50 receptions.
Record Seekers vs. Packers
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings try to keep the faithThe Minnesota Vikings are in dire straits with their playoff hopes, but they believe they have the “grit” to win out and make the playoffs.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:12 PM
Zimmer returns to work, expected to travelThe Minnesota Vikings got head coach Mike Zimmer back on Monday.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:20 AM
Just Win (Four), BabyThe Minnesota Vikings need some help to make the playoffs. They didn't get much Sunday as Detroit and Tampa Bay improved their own postseason stock.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:52 AM
Sunday slant: Don’t blame BradfordSam Bradford has been getting criticism from some fans and observers, but a look at numerous analytics, and an overall view of the game, shows just how good he has been without…
Viking UpdateSunday at 1:57 PM