GAME NOTES vs. LIONS
1) Randy Moss set a team record for most receptions (486) in a Viking's first six seasons, surpassing Cris Carter's total of 482. Moss also moves into third place in NFL history, surpassing Keyshawn Johnson's 482. Marvin Harrison had 522 catches from 1996-2001 and Sterling Sharpe had 501 from 1988-1993.
2) David Dixon started his 113th game, which ties him with Milt Sunde for second place in team history by a guard. Randall McDaniel holds the record with 188.
3) Corey Chavous' interception gives him a season total of eight, which, combined with Brian Russell's six interceptions, moved this tandem into a tie for second place in team history. Paul Krause (10) and Bobby Bryant (6) combined for 16 in 1975, and Bobby Bryant (8) and Earsell Mackbee (6) combined for 14 in 1969.
4) Chavous' eight interceptions for the season move him into a third-place tie with four former Vikings. Paul Krause has the team record with 10 in 1975, Orlando Thomas had nine in 1995, and Bobby Bryant (1969), Issiac Holt (1986), Carl Lee (1988) and Audray McMillan (1992) are all tied with Chavous.
5) Brian Williams tied a team record for most interceptions in a game with three. He became the 12th Viking to intercept three passes in one game and the first since Jack Del Rio did it against Detroit in 1993.
6) Williams' 71 yards on interception returns gave him a season total of 205. He is only the fourth Viking to reach 200 yards on interception returns, joining Jimmy Hitchcock (242 yards in 1998), Charlie West (236 in 1971) and Paul Krause (201 in 1975).
7) When Williams and Chavous each returned an interception for a TD against Detroit, it was the first time since Del Rio and Carlos Jenkins combined for two against Chicago on Nov. 2, 1992. This was only the fifth time in team history that two Vikings returned interceptions for touchdowns in one game.
Record Seekers vs. Lions
Viking Update Top Stories
2017 VIKINGS DRAFT GUIDEInformation on the Minnesota Vikings' 2017 draft, from where they pick to position analysis, links to stories, mock drafts and more.
Viking Update12:35 PM
Viking Update final mock draft, Round 2A late legal issue forces a former first-round value down to the bottom of the second round in our NFL mock draft, and a couple of other late changes in the second round.
Viking Update11:58 AM
Viking Update final mock draftLate-rising concerns, scheme fits and legal issues cause some minor tweaking in our NFL final mock, just on time for draft day.
Viking Update11:50 AM
Vikes hope Floyd’s knee ‘starts acting right’Minnesota Vikings teammates are hoping Sharrif Floyd returns to full health.
Viking Update5:51 AM