GAME NOTES vs. RAMS
1) Daunte Culpepper's 42-yard run was his career longest and ranks second in team history by a QB. Fran Tarkenton had a 52-yard touchdown run in 1961 against Los Angeles.
2) With 70 yards rushing against St. Louis, Culpepper has a career total of 1,844 rushing yards, which moves him past Steve McNair's 1,777 and into fourth place in league history for a QB in his first five seasons. Randall Cunningham leads that statistic with 2,495 yards from 1985-89, followed by Bobby Douglass (2,207) and Donovan McNabb (2,188).
3) Randy Moss' 160 yards receiving give him a career total of 7,982, which is an NFL record for most yards receiving in a player's first six seasons. He surpassed Jerry Rice's total of 7,866.
4) Moss' 160 yards receiving give him a season total of 1,239, which ranks ninth in team history. It was the 36th 100-yard game of his career.
5) Brian Russell's interception gives him seven for the season. This marks the first time in team history that the Vikings have two players with at least seven interceptions. Russell and Corey Chavous, with 15 combined interceptions, need only one more to tie the team record of 16 for a tandem, set by Paul Krause and Bobby Bryant in 1975.
6) Brian Russell's 42-yard interception return gives the Vikings a season total of 543 interception return yards, only the fourth time in team history they have reached the 500-yard mark on interception returns. They had 589 in 1988, 572 in 1971 and 502 in 1992.
7) The Vikings become only the seventh team in NFL history to score in 200 consecutive games. San Francisco has the current streak of 413 games, which is the NFL record.
8) With 35 yards receiving, Moe Williams became only the eighth Vikings running back to surpass 500 yards, as he now has 527. His current total ranks 12th in team history by a RB.
9) Jim Kleinsasser had a career-high 10 receptions. That game total put him in a second-place tie for tight ends with Joe Senser, who had 10 against the New York Jets in 1982. Senser also holds the record, with 11 against Green Bay in 1981.
10) Onterrio Smith's 160 yards on kickoff returns rank sixth by a Vikings rookie in a game. He becomes the first Vikings rookie to have two games in a season with seven kickoff returns (including Green Bay on Nov. 2). Troy Walters holds the rookie record with eight against Green Bay on Dec. 17, 2000.
Record Seekers vs. Rams
Viking Update Top Stories
VIDEO: Zimmer on final preps for EaglesMinnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer discusses some key players for Philadelphia, his defense and if Jake Long could play.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:02 PM
Vikings have 3 receivers on injury reportThe Minnesota Vikings could be getting Stefon Diggs back in the lineup, but he is among three receivers on their injury report.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 11:37 AM
Notebook: Walsh ‘past the bad things?’The Minnesota Vikings are preparing to play “quite possibly the best special teams unit across the board that we've faced so far this year.” Plus, the Vikings are doing much better…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:49 AM
Hard-core stats: Vikings at EaglesThe Minnesota Vikings will look to exploit some of the weaknesses the Eagles have shown lately, including one strength for the Vikings and one weakness. We go deep into where the…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:04 AM