GAME NOTES vs. SEAHAWKS
1) Randy Moss had 133 yards receiving, giving him a career total of 8,115 yards in 93 games, which breaks Cris Carter's franchise mark of 125 games to reach 8,000 yards. It's the second-quickest mark to 8,000 yards in NFL history, trailing only Lance Alworth, who did it in 83 games from 1962 to 1969.
2) Moss had eight receptions, giving him 504 for his career and moving him into second place in team history, surpassing Steve Jordan's 498 catches. Carter holds the team record with 1,004 over 12 seasons. Moss became the third player in NFL history to reach 500 catches in his six seasons, joining Sterling Sharpe (501) and Marvin Harrison (522).
3) Punter Eddie Johnson had a 15-yard run that created a first down, the first by a Vikings punter since Greg Coleman's 30-yard run against Houston on Dec. 14, 1986.
4) Daunte Culpepper had the 12th three-touchdown game of his career, surpassing Wade Wilson's 11 three-TD games and moving into third place in team history. Tommy Kramer had 18 three-TD games, and Fran Tarkenton holds the franchise record with 23.
5) Kevin Williams had one sack, which gives 6.5 for the season and moves him past Carl Eller's rookie total of 5.5 and into third place for a Vikings rookie. Keith Millard had 11 in 1985, and Alan Page had 8.5 in 1967.
6) Michael Bennett had 103 yards rushing, his eighth career 100-game, tying him with Bill Brown for third place in team history. Robert Smith had 29 100-yard games, and Chuck Foreman had 17.
Record Seekers vs. Seahawks
Viking Update Top Stories
Sizing up the competitionThe Vikings will face some difficult challenges in 2017. These are the strengths and weaknesses that their opponents will bring to the table.
Viking Update5:29 AM
Sunday slant: Breakout Vikings for defenseThis week’s draft will help shape the roster, but no matter who is added to the mix, some veteran players on the roster right now have every chance to earn a significant (maybe…
Viking Update5:15 AM
Vikings visitor analysis: The versatile TEThe Minnesota Vikings are in search of a tight end to add depth and they visited with one that was very impressive at the NFL Scouting Combine and showed versatility in college.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 6:13 AM
Most feared player for each Vikings opponentWith the Minnesota Vikings’ schedule out, we break down the key player for each opponent that will be key to each game plan.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:43 AM