GAME NOTES vs. SEAHAWKS
1) Randy Moss had 133 yards receiving, giving him a career total of 8,115 yards in 93 games, which breaks Cris Carter's franchise mark of 125 games to reach 8,000 yards. It's the second-quickest mark to 8,000 yards in NFL history, trailing only Lance Alworth, who did it in 83 games from 1962 to 1969.
2) Moss had eight receptions, giving him 504 for his career and moving him into second place in team history, surpassing Steve Jordan's 498 catches. Carter holds the team record with 1,004 over 12 seasons. Moss became the third player in NFL history to reach 500 catches in his six seasons, joining Sterling Sharpe (501) and Marvin Harrison (522).
3) Punter Eddie Johnson had a 15-yard run that created a first down, the first by a Vikings punter since Greg Coleman's 30-yard run against Houston on Dec. 14, 1986.
4) Daunte Culpepper had the 12th three-touchdown game of his career, surpassing Wade Wilson's 11 three-TD games and moving into third place in team history. Tommy Kramer had 18 three-TD games, and Fran Tarkenton holds the franchise record with 23.
5) Kevin Williams had one sack, which gives 6.5 for the season and moves him past Carl Eller's rookie total of 5.5 and into third place for a Vikings rookie. Keith Millard had 11 in 1985, and Alan Page had 8.5 in 1967.
6) Michael Bennett had 103 yards rushing, his eighth career 100-game, tying him with Bill Brown for third place in team history. Robert Smith had 29 100-yard games, and Chuck Foreman had 17.
Record Seekers vs. Seahawks
Viking Update Top Stories
Teammates call it strange if A.P. isn’t backTeammates of Adrian Peterson acknowledge it is a possibility that he won’t return to the Minnesota Vikings in 2017, but they say it would be strange without him and talk about his…
Viking Update10:17 AM
Report: Vikings to hire RBs coachThe Minnesota Vikings have reportedly hired a running backs coach and it may be working toward filling their quarterbacks-coach position.
Viking Update8:19 AM
(Not so) happy anniversaryTuesday is a day that any longtime Vikings fan will remember with a heavy heart. In its own way, it was tantamount to a death in the family - a grim reminder that not all…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 10:37 PM
Zimmer: No timeline on Teddy yetMike Zimmer still doesn’t have much of a timeline on Teddy Bridgewater’s return to the Minnesota Vikings.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 11:23 AM
Sunday slant: Cap flexibility for VikingsThe Minnesota Vikings are in decent salary-cap position but can really become players and fix the offense with some difficult decisions.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:08 AM