GAME NOTES vs. SEAHAWKS
1) Randy Moss had 133 yards receiving, giving him a career total of 8,115 yards in 93 games, which breaks Cris Carter's franchise mark of 125 games to reach 8,000 yards. It's the second-quickest mark to 8,000 yards in NFL history, trailing only Lance Alworth, who did it in 83 games from 1962 to 1969.
2) Moss had eight receptions, giving him 504 for his career and moving him into second place in team history, surpassing Steve Jordan's 498 catches. Carter holds the team record with 1,004 over 12 seasons. Moss became the third player in NFL history to reach 500 catches in his six seasons, joining Sterling Sharpe (501) and Marvin Harrison (522).
3) Punter Eddie Johnson had a 15-yard run that created a first down, the first by a Vikings punter since Greg Coleman's 30-yard run against Houston on Dec. 14, 1986.
4) Daunte Culpepper had the 12th three-touchdown game of his career, surpassing Wade Wilson's 11 three-TD games and moving into third place in team history. Tommy Kramer had 18 three-TD games, and Fran Tarkenton holds the franchise record with 23.
5) Kevin Williams had one sack, which gives 6.5 for the season and moves him past Carl Eller's rookie total of 5.5 and into third place for a Vikings rookie. Keith Millard had 11 in 1985, and Alan Page had 8.5 in 1967.
6) Michael Bennett had 103 yards rushing, his eighth career 100-game, tying him with Bill Brown for third place in team history. Robert Smith had 29 100-yard games, and Chuck Foreman had 17.
Record Seekers vs. Seahawks
Viking Update Top Stories
Holler: You think you've got pain?When it comes to painful sports losses, there's something about 'Sconny and nobody has lived out that nightmare more than the Packers. What kind of pain would you rather have?
Viking Update8:08 AM
Peterson responds to report on asking priceAdrian Peterson responded to a report about his asking price in free agency, but it’s still not clear what his asking price really is.
Viking Update7:11 AM
Vikings release 2014 3rd-round pick CrichtonAfter a lackluster three years with the Minnesota Vikings, Scott Crichton is out on the open market.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 11:10 AM
Vikings interview subject has size, potentialThe Minnesota Vikings interviewed a versatile offensive lineman at the NFL Scouting Combine that knows he needs to work on his technique but is confident in his abilities.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:07 AM
Vikings create space with Robison's new dealThe Minnesota Vikings and Brian Robison reached a deal that will extend him for one year with advantages and disadvantages.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:00 AM