GAME NOTES vs. SEAHAWKS
1) Randy Moss had 133 yards receiving, giving him a career total of 8,115 yards in 93 games, which breaks Cris Carter's franchise mark of 125 games to reach 8,000 yards. It's the second-quickest mark to 8,000 yards in NFL history, trailing only Lance Alworth, who did it in 83 games from 1962 to 1969.
2) Moss had eight receptions, giving him 504 for his career and moving him into second place in team history, surpassing Steve Jordan's 498 catches. Carter holds the team record with 1,004 over 12 seasons. Moss became the third player in NFL history to reach 500 catches in his six seasons, joining Sterling Sharpe (501) and Marvin Harrison (522).
3) Punter Eddie Johnson had a 15-yard run that created a first down, the first by a Vikings punter since Greg Coleman's 30-yard run against Houston on Dec. 14, 1986.
4) Daunte Culpepper had the 12th three-touchdown game of his career, surpassing Wade Wilson's 11 three-TD games and moving into third place in team history. Tommy Kramer had 18 three-TD games, and Fran Tarkenton holds the franchise record with 23.
5) Kevin Williams had one sack, which gives 6.5 for the season and moves him past Carl Eller's rookie total of 5.5 and into third place for a Vikings rookie. Keith Millard had 11 in 1985, and Alan Page had 8.5 in 1967.
6) Michael Bennett had 103 yards rushing, his eighth career 100-game, tying him with Bill Brown for third place in team history. Robert Smith had 29 100-yard games, and Chuck Foreman had 17.
Record Seekers vs. Seahawks
Viking Update Top Stories
Bridging the gap on bridge costsThe pedestrian bridge connecting light rail to U.S. Bank Stadium is $1 million over budget, but, for once, the Vikings won't have to kick in more money to pay for it.
Viking Update6:20 AM
Vikings try to keep the faithThe Minnesota Vikings are in dire straits with their playoff hopes, but they believe they have the “grit” to win out and make the playoffs.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:12 PM
Zimmer returns to work, expected to travelThe Minnesota Vikings got head coach Mike Zimmer back on Monday.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:20 AM
Just Win (Four), BabyThe Minnesota Vikings need some help to make the playoffs. They didn't get much Sunday as Detroit and Tampa Bay improved their own postseason stock.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:52 AM
Sunday slant: Don’t blame BradfordSam Bradford has been getting criticism from some fans and observers, but a look at numerous analytics, and an overall view of the game, shows just how good he has been without…
Viking UpdateSunday at 1:57 PM