GAME NOTES vs. BEARS
1) Onterrio Smith set a team record for most rushing attempts (27) and yards (148) by a rookie in a game. He became only the sixth Vikings rookie to gain 100 yards. His 148 yards rushing against Chicago give him a season total of 405, which moves him past Robert Smith's 399 and into fifth place in team history by a rookie.
2) Moe Williams had 55 yards receiving, giving him a season total of 611. He became only the seventh Vikings running back to have 600 yards receiving in a season.
3) Jim Kleinsasser's five receptions give him a career total of 119, moving him into fourth place among Vikings TEs and surpassing John Beasley's 115. Steve Jordan holds the record with 498 catches from 1982 to 1994.
4) Randy Moss had nine receptions, giving him a season total of 99 — fourth-most in team history. Cris Carter holds the season record with two 122-catch seasons (1994 and 1995), and Moss had 106 last year.
5) Moss also had 93 yards receiving, giving him a season total and team-record 1,465 yards with two games remaining.
6) Moss' touchdown reception gives him a season total of 14, moving him into fourth place in team history. Cris Carter holds the record with 17 in 1995, and Moss had 15 in 2000 and 14 last year.
7) Moss set a team record for receiving yards gained (1,465) in 14 consecutive games. He held the previous two records as well.
Record Seekers vs. Bears
Viking Update Top Stories
Just Win (Four), BabyThe Minnesota Vikings need some help to make the playoffs. They didn't get much Sunday as Detroit and Tampa Bay improved their own postseason stock.
Viking Update5:52 AM
Sunday slant: Don’t blame BradfordSam Bradford has been getting criticism from some fans and observers, but a look at numerous analytics, and an overall view of the game, shows just how good he has been without…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 1:57 PM
NFC North a M*A*S*H* unitThe Minnesota Vikings have been hit harder by injuries than any playoff contender this year, but Green Bay and Chicago aren't far behind.
Viking UpdateSaturday at 9:26 PM
Do-or-die time for VikingsIt has taken a lot of losing to acknowledge, but Minnesota Vikings players are finally admitting their margin for error is gone.
Viking UpdateSaturday at 9:06 AM