GAME NOTES vs. BEARS
1) Onterrio Smith set a team record for most rushing attempts (27) and yards (148) by a rookie in a game. He became only the sixth Vikings rookie to gain 100 yards. His 148 yards rushing against Chicago give him a season total of 405, which moves him past Robert Smith's 399 and into fifth place in team history by a rookie.
2) Moe Williams had 55 yards receiving, giving him a season total of 611. He became only the seventh Vikings running back to have 600 yards receiving in a season.
3) Jim Kleinsasser's five receptions give him a career total of 119, moving him into fourth place among Vikings TEs and surpassing John Beasley's 115. Steve Jordan holds the record with 498 catches from 1982 to 1994.
4) Randy Moss had nine receptions, giving him a season total of 99 — fourth-most in team history. Cris Carter holds the season record with two 122-catch seasons (1994 and 1995), and Moss had 106 last year.
5) Moss also had 93 yards receiving, giving him a season total and team-record 1,465 yards with two games remaining.
6) Moss' touchdown reception gives him a season total of 14, moving him into fourth place in team history. Cris Carter holds the record with 17 in 1995, and Moss had 15 in 2000 and 14 last year.
7) Moss set a team record for receiving yards gained (1,465) in 14 consecutive games. He held the previous two records as well.
Record Seekers vs. Bears
Viking Update Top Stories
Sunday slant: Jumping the gun on TeddyTeddy Bridgewater’s knee rehab to this point has been impressive, but it’s best to appreciate the progress without conjecture of what it might mean in the future.
Viking Update5:23 AM
Burden of proofMichael Floyd will be in court tomorrow, but he may find the NFL to have a higher innocence threshold than the legal system.
Viking Update5:08 AM
WATCH: Pat Elflein in actionPat Elflein is hoping to earn a starting spot at center for the Minnesota Vikings. Watch his movement skills as he goes through drills at organized team activities and minicamp.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 11:05 AM
The price is right?Derek Carr once again raised the quarterback payment bar. A lot of NFL teams are wondering how high the price tags can go?
Viking UpdateYesterday at 6:12 AM
Vikings hire new head strength coachThe Minnesota Vikings moved quickly to replace their head strength and conditioning coach on Friday.
Viking UpdateFriday at 8:07 PM