GAME NOTES vs. BEARS
1) Onterrio Smith set a team record for most rushing attempts (27) and yards (148) by a rookie in a game. He became only the sixth Vikings rookie to gain 100 yards. His 148 yards rushing against Chicago give him a season total of 405, which moves him past Robert Smith's 399 and into fifth place in team history by a rookie.
2) Moe Williams had 55 yards receiving, giving him a season total of 611. He became only the seventh Vikings running back to have 600 yards receiving in a season.
3) Jim Kleinsasser's five receptions give him a career total of 119, moving him into fourth place among Vikings TEs and surpassing John Beasley's 115. Steve Jordan holds the record with 498 catches from 1982 to 1994.
4) Randy Moss had nine receptions, giving him a season total of 99 — fourth-most in team history. Cris Carter holds the season record with two 122-catch seasons (1994 and 1995), and Moss had 106 last year.
5) Moss also had 93 yards receiving, giving him a season total and team-record 1,465 yards with two games remaining.
6) Moss' touchdown reception gives him a season total of 14, moving him into fourth place in team history. Cris Carter holds the record with 17 in 1995, and Moss had 15 in 2000 and 14 last year.
7) Moss set a team record for receiving yards gained (1,465) in 14 consecutive games. He held the previous two records as well.
Record Seekers vs. Bears
Viking Update Top Stories
Newly signed Murray has surgeryLatavius Murray, the Minnesota Vikings’ replacement for Adrian Peterson had surgery, the team announced Wednesday.
Viking Update4:03 PM
Podcast: Free agents, Zimmer’s words and moreWe analyze what the Minnesota Vikings have done, and not done, in free agency, talk team chemistry and more.
Viking Update9:03 AM
Zimmer talks state of the VikingsMike Zimmer made an appearance on KFAN Tuesday and got hit with questions from all sides about the state of his Minnesota Vikings.
Viking Update7:59 AM
What was Vikings’ ‘business principle?’The Minnesota Vikings signed three big contracts with unrestricted free agents, but the way they structured them seems to hint at their “business principle.”
Viking Update7:04 AM
Thielen: ‘I love proving people wrong’Adam Thielen has bucked the odds throughout his young career and doesn’t sound like a new contract will change his motivation.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:16 PM