GAME NOTES vs. CHIEFS
1) Randy Moss became only the seventh player in NFL history to have two consecutive seasons with 100 receptions, joining Marvin Harrison (four and counting), Jerry Rice (three), Herman Moore (three), Sterling Sharpe, Cris Carter and Rod Smith.
2) The Vikings set a regular-season attendance record, with 513,437 in the stands this year, breaking the 513,334 they had in 2001.
3) Moss had two touchdowns, giving a career total of 77, which is good for second place in team history. Carter holds the record with 110, but Moss passed Bill Brown (76) and Chuck Foreman (75).
4) Brian Russell's two interceptions gave him a season total of nine, which moves him past Corey Chavous and into a second-place tie with Orlando Thomas (1995) in team history. Paul Krause holds the record with 10 interceptions in 1975. Russell and Chavous set a team record with 17 interceptions for a tandem.
5) Onterrio Smith became the first Vikings rookie to gain 100 yards rushing in two consecutive games. He became the fourth Vikings rookie to have two 100-yard games in a season, with Chuck Foreman holding the record with three 100-yard games in his rookie season of 1973.
6) Smith tied a team record with three rushing touchdowns in a game, becoming the seventh Viking to do that.
7) Smith's two-game total of 294 yards is the most by a rookie and ranks third in team history. Scottie Graham had 305 yards in a two-game stretch in 1993, and Michael Bennett had 297 in 2002.
Record Seekers vs. Chiefs
Viking Update Top Stories
Key matchup: Former teammates face offOnly time will tell who got the better of the Sam Bradford trade to the Minnesota Vikings, but he and Carson Wentz will face each other Sunday after the trade that surprised them…
Viking Update7:06 AM
Vikings podcast: Spielman, Bradford and moreThe Minnesota Vikings are showing the fruits of some solid roster building and coaching. Their record, their stats and their depth prove it, as a talk with Rick Spielman showed.
Viking Update6:17 AM
Vikings rush offense needs to improveThe Minnesota Vikings are the lone unbeaten team in the NFL, yet they are failing at one of the typical telltale signs of a winning team - being able to control the clock with a…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:23 PM
VIDEO: Zimmer on final preps for EaglesMinnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer discusses some key players for Philadelphia, his defense and if Jake Long could play.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:02 PM