GAME NOTES vs. CARDINALS
1) Randy Moss set an NFL record with 525 receptions in his first six seasons. He passed Marvin Harrison (522) for that honor. Moss' season total of 111 catches ranks third in team history. His 17 receiving touchdowns tied a team record he and Cris Carter held. Moss also joined Jerry Rice as the only NFL players to have two seasons with 17 receiving touchdowns.
2) Keenan Howry set a team record for most punt return yards in a season by a rookie. He ended the season with 247, topping Kevin Miller's rookie mark of 329 from 1978.
3) Kevin Williams' three sacks gave him a season total of 10.5, which ranks second in team history by a rookie. Keith Millard holds the record with 11 in 1985. Williams was the first rookie to lead the team in sacks since Millard's 1985 output.
4) The Vikings had 150 yards rushing, which gave them a season total of 2,243, good for third place in team history. They set the record last year 2,507 and had 2,279 in 1965.
5) Brian Russell ended the season with nine interceptions to become only the third Viking to lead the NFL. He joined Audray McMillian (eight in 1992) and Orlando Thomas (nine in 1995). Russell fell short of the team-record 10 set by Paul Krause in 1975.
6) With Michael Bennett's 63 yards rushing and Daunte Culpepper's 40 yards rushing against Arizona, the Vikings had four players with 400 yards rushing for the first time in team history. Moe Williams had 745, Onterrio Smith had 579, Bennett had 447 and Culpepper had 422.
Record Seekers vs. Cardinals
Viking Update Top Stories
By the numbers: More than a passing fancyWith the running game being stymied all season, Minnesota Vikings receivers are putting up the biggest numbers the team has seen since Brett Favre ruled the roost in 2009.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:13 PM
Key matchup: Battle of the Seminole cornersXavier Rhodes and Jalen Ramsey seem far different in their personalities, but they both have a high level of play in their game.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:06 PM
Diggs reaching rare Vikings airStefon Diggs is on pace for a couple milestones that haven’t been reached by a Minnesota Vikings receiver in this decade.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 3:05 PM
First half is doom and gloom for JaguarsThe Jacksonville Jaguars are too good to be 2-10, but, despite a talented roster, early struggles have been their undoing all season.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:38 AM
Preview: Jags loaded with talent, turnoversThe Jacksonville Jaguars should be better than their record indicates, but turnovers have been the Jaguars’ undoing.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:59 AM