GAME NOTES vs. CARDINALS
1) Randy Moss set an NFL record with 525 receptions in his first six seasons. He passed Marvin Harrison (522) for that honor. Moss' season total of 111 catches ranks third in team history. His 17 receiving touchdowns tied a team record he and Cris Carter held. Moss also joined Jerry Rice as the only NFL players to have two seasons with 17 receiving touchdowns.
2) Keenan Howry set a team record for most punt return yards in a season by a rookie. He ended the season with 247, topping Kevin Miller's rookie mark of 329 from 1978.
3) Kevin Williams' three sacks gave him a season total of 10.5, which ranks second in team history by a rookie. Keith Millard holds the record with 11 in 1985. Williams was the first rookie to lead the team in sacks since Millard's 1985 output.
4) The Vikings had 150 yards rushing, which gave them a season total of 2,243, good for third place in team history. They set the record last year 2,507 and had 2,279 in 1965.
5) Brian Russell ended the season with nine interceptions to become only the third Viking to lead the NFL. He joined Audray McMillian (eight in 1992) and Orlando Thomas (nine in 1995). Russell fell short of the team-record 10 set by Paul Krause in 1975.
6) With Michael Bennett's 63 yards rushing and Daunte Culpepper's 40 yards rushing against Arizona, the Vikings had four players with 400 yards rushing for the first time in team history. Moe Williams had 745, Onterrio Smith had 579, Bennett had 447 and Culpepper had 422.
Record Seekers vs. Cardinals
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings interest in versatile TE makes senseThe Minnesota Vikings made a strong push for Jared Cook in free agency, but they could be turning their attention to the draft to find another complement to Kyle Rudolph.
Viking Update9:04 AM
What are realistic Peterson numbers?Former Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson remains unsigned. A former agent lays out the landscape for players of A.P.'s age and the recent trends that point downward on contract…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 11:04 PM
Bills claim former Vikings defensive linemanA former Minnesota Vikings defensive lineman didn’t make it to free agency, instead being claimed on waivers.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 3:44 PM
For Böhringer, everything ‘calmed down’Moritz Böhringer had a season of learning on the field and off, but he has no intention of giving up his NFL dream and playing in Germany again.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:39 PM