1) Daunte Culpepper's five touchdown passes is his career high, a team record on opening day and the most since 1986 by a Vikings quarterback. It's also the most passing TDs the Vikings have had against Dallas.
2) Culpepper's passer rating of 147.1 ranks eight-best in team history and was the second-best of his career.
3) The Vikings have now beaten Dallas five straight times and come within one win of the .500 mark (12-13-0) for the series.
4) Dontarrious Thomas became the Vikings' first rookie linebacker to start an opener since 1962, joining Rip Hawkins and Dick Grecni from 1961 and Jim Chistopherson from 1962.
5) Kenechi Udeze became the fourth Vikings rookie defensive end to start a season opener, joining Carl Eller (1964), Al Noga (1988) and Kevin Williams (2003).
6) Onterrio Smith's 63-yard touchdown reception was the longest of his career and the third-longest in team history on opening day. Anthony Carter holds the record with a 73-yard touchdown during the 1987 opener, followed by Randy Moss' 66-yarder in the 2000 opener.
7) Smith's 193 combined nets yards is the most of his career and the second-most for the Vikings in a season opener. Herschel Walker had 200 combined yards in the 1990 opener, and Smith tied Terry Allen's mark from the 1990 opener as well.
Record Seekers vs. Dallas
Viking Update Top Stories
Sunday slant: Finally, a worthy WR corpsThe Minnesota Vikings receiving corps showed in OTAs that they are as solid a group as the team has had in a long time.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 6:38 AM
Kick return job open for businessSpecial teams coordinator Mike Priefer has a big job in front of him – finding a third game-breaking kickoff returner for the Minnesota Vikings.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:58 AM
Vikings testify of hard-throwing BridgewaterAlthough Teddy Bridgewater isn’t fully back from his knee injury, teammates and coaches like his arm strength.
Viking UpdateSaturday at 7:47 AM
Vikings defense in good handsNo Zim? No problem for Minnesota Vikings defense while the top dog recuperates.
Viking UpdateSaturday at 7:01 AM
Vikings nearing halfway point in signingsThe Minnesota Vikings are nearly halfway through signing their draft picks with a handful of contracts completed in 24 hours.
Viking UpdateFriday at 10:29 AM