1) Daunte Culpepper's five touchdown passes is his career high, a team record on opening day and the most since 1986 by a Vikings quarterback. It's also the most passing TDs the Vikings have had against Dallas.
2) Culpepper's passer rating of 147.1 ranks eight-best in team history and was the second-best of his career.
3) The Vikings have now beaten Dallas five straight times and come within one win of the .500 mark (12-13-0) for the series.
4) Dontarrious Thomas became the Vikings' first rookie linebacker to start an opener since 1962, joining Rip Hawkins and Dick Grecni from 1961 and Jim Chistopherson from 1962.
5) Kenechi Udeze became the fourth Vikings rookie defensive end to start a season opener, joining Carl Eller (1964), Al Noga (1988) and Kevin Williams (2003).
6) Onterrio Smith's 63-yard touchdown reception was the longest of his career and the third-longest in team history on opening day. Anthony Carter holds the record with a 73-yard touchdown during the 1987 opener, followed by Randy Moss' 66-yarder in the 2000 opener.
7) Smith's 193 combined nets yards is the most of his career and the second-most for the Vikings in a season opener. Herschel Walker had 200 combined yards in the 1990 opener, and Smith tied Terry Allen's mark from the 1990 opener as well.
Record Seekers vs. Dallas
Viking Update Top Stories
Sunday slant: Don’t blame BradfordSam Bradford has been getting criticism from some fans and observers, but a look at numerous analytics, and an overall view of the game, shows just how good he has been without…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 1:57 PM
NFC North a M*A*S*H* unitThe Minnesota Vikings have been hit harder by injuries than any playoff contender this year, but Green Bay and Chicago aren't far behind.
Viking UpdateSaturday at 9:26 PM
Do-or-die time for VikingsIt has taken a lot of losing to acknowledge, but Minnesota Vikings players are finally admitting their margin for error is gone.
Viking UpdateSaturday at 9:06 AM
Fan forum: Evaluating the front officeAs injuries pile up and the Minnesota Vikings are making their mark, positive and negative, we wondered what fans attending a recent Vikings game thought of the performance of the…
Viking UpdateSaturday at 6:22 AM