1) Daunte Culpepper's five touchdown passes is his career high, a team record on opening day and the most since 1986 by a Vikings quarterback. It's also the most passing TDs the Vikings have had against Dallas.
2) Culpepper's passer rating of 147.1 ranks eight-best in team history and was the second-best of his career.
3) The Vikings have now beaten Dallas five straight times and come within one win of the .500 mark (12-13-0) for the series.
4) Dontarrious Thomas became the Vikings' first rookie linebacker to start an opener since 1962, joining Rip Hawkins and Dick Grecni from 1961 and Jim Chistopherson from 1962.
5) Kenechi Udeze became the fourth Vikings rookie defensive end to start a season opener, joining Carl Eller (1964), Al Noga (1988) and Kevin Williams (2003).
6) Onterrio Smith's 63-yard touchdown reception was the longest of his career and the third-longest in team history on opening day. Anthony Carter holds the record with a 73-yard touchdown during the 1987 opener, followed by Randy Moss' 66-yarder in the 2000 opener.
7) Smith's 193 combined nets yards is the most of his career and the second-most for the Vikings in a season opener. Herschel Walker had 200 combined yards in the 1990 opener, and Smith tied Terry Allen's mark from the 1990 opener as well.
Record Seekers vs. Dallas
Viking Update Top Stories
NFC North Rankings: Tight endsThe crop of tight ends in the NFC North has been formulated under two very different approaches, with varied levels of success.
Viking Update5:29 AM
Rivalries start for divisional defectorsThe Minnesota Vikings signed three free agents this offseason that played for each of their NFC North rivals. So what will it be like for them to play their former teams twice a…
Viking Update4:47 AM
Jones feeling good with position switchDatone Jones is thrilled to be back working at a position that made him a first-round pick out of college, and the Minnesota Vikings believe that is his best position.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 6:18 AM
Podcast: Mankato memoriesThe Minnesota Vikings will start their 52nd and final training camp in Mankato next week. We reminisce about the memorable Mankato moments and preview this year’s camp.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:35 AM