GAME NOTES VS. PHILADELPHIA
1) The Vikings are now 21-21 on Monday Night Football. This was the first ever meeting of the Eagles and Vikings on MNF.
2) Morten Andersen tied George Blanda's record of 340 NFL games played.. Andersen has been playing since 1982 (with New Orleans, the New York Giants, Kansas City and Minnesota). Blanda played from 1949 to 1975 with Chicago, Baltimore, Houston and Oakland. Former Viking and current Tennessee Titans kicker Gary Anderson has played in 339 games since 1982 (with Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Minnesota and Tennessee).
3) Randy Moss tied his own team record for most consecutive games with a TD reception with seven. His current streak started on Nov. 30, 2003. His first record of seven consecutive games went from Nov. 15, 1998 to Dec. 26, 1998.
4) With 343 yards passing, Daunte Culpepper had his 11th career 300-yard game. That moves him into second place in the team's record books, surpassing Warren Moon's 10. Tommy Kramer holds the team record with 19 career 300-yard games.
5) Mewelde Moore had his first game with 100 yards in kickoff returns. He had 123 yards.
6) Daunte Culpepper's 41 yards rushing move him into fifth place for most rushing yards by an NFL QB in his first six seasons. Culpepper has 1,989 yards rushing, trailing Steve McNair (2,180 yards from 1995-2000), Donovan McNabb (2,275 yards from 1999-2004), Bobby Douglass (2,436 yards from 1969-74) and Randall Cunningham (3,437 yards from 1985-90).
Record Seekers vs. Philadelphia
Viking Update Top Stories
Thielen seeks respect, hopes to stayReceiver Adam Thielen has seen an increased role in each of his four years with the Minnesota Vikings and would like to see that continue well into the future. He discussed the…
Viking Update1:54 PM
Johnson: Bridgewater ‘coming along well’Receiver Charles Johnson has talked with Minnesota Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater and says he is “coming along well” in his rehab, along with offering a few other insights.
Viking Update7:36 AM
Scott Turner signs with MichiganMichigan head coach Jim Harbaugh has ruffled feathers since arriving in Ann Arbor. His hiring of Scott Turner may be the latest preemptive move.
Viking Update4:06 AM
Combine Research: Receivers (Part 1)Who showed he was recovered from a broken leg with a four-touchdown game? Which teammates were born in Liberia and Sierre Leone? Who set the NCAA yardage record? Those answers and…
Packer ReportYesterday at 8:16 PM