GAME NOTES VS. PHILADELPHIA
1) The Vikings are now 21-21 on Monday Night Football. This was the first ever meeting of the Eagles and Vikings on MNF.
2) Morten Andersen tied George Blanda's record of 340 NFL games played.. Andersen has been playing since 1982 (with New Orleans, the New York Giants, Kansas City and Minnesota). Blanda played from 1949 to 1975 with Chicago, Baltimore, Houston and Oakland. Former Viking and current Tennessee Titans kicker Gary Anderson has played in 339 games since 1982 (with Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Minnesota and Tennessee).
3) Randy Moss tied his own team record for most consecutive games with a TD reception with seven. His current streak started on Nov. 30, 2003. His first record of seven consecutive games went from Nov. 15, 1998 to Dec. 26, 1998.
4) With 343 yards passing, Daunte Culpepper had his 11th career 300-yard game. That moves him into second place in the team's record books, surpassing Warren Moon's 10. Tommy Kramer holds the team record with 19 career 300-yard games.
5) Mewelde Moore had his first game with 100 yards in kickoff returns. He had 123 yards.
6) Daunte Culpepper's 41 yards rushing move him into fifth place for most rushing yards by an NFL QB in his first six seasons. Culpepper has 1,989 yards rushing, trailing Steve McNair (2,180 yards from 1995-2000), Donovan McNabb (2,275 yards from 1999-2004), Bobby Douglass (2,436 yards from 1969-74) and Randall Cunningham (3,437 yards from 1985-90).
Record Seekers vs. Philadelphia
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings release 2014 3rd-round pick CrichtonAfter a lackluster three years with the Minnesota Vikings, Scott Crichton is out on the open market.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 11:10 AM
Vikings interview subject has size, potentialThe Minnesota Vikings interviewed a versatile offensive lineman at the NFL Scouting Combine that knows he needs to work on his technique but is confident in his abilities.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:07 AM
Vikings create space with Robison's new dealThe Minnesota Vikings and Brian Robison reached a deal that will extend him for one year with advantages and disadvantages.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:00 AM
NFL proposes 15 rules changesNFL owners will consider 15 different changes to the rules next week, some proposed by teams and some proposed by the Competition Committee and one that changes who makes the final…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 4:22 AM
Lot to like, question as Vikings work out DLThe Minnesota Vikings showed significant interest in a defensive tackle by working him out and likely wanted to get a better sense of his thinking, temperament and technique.
Viking UpdateThursday at 1:41 PM