GAME NOTES VS. PHILADELPHIA
1) The Vikings are now 21-21 on Monday Night Football. This was the first ever meeting of the Eagles and Vikings on MNF.
2) Morten Andersen tied George Blanda's record of 340 NFL games played.. Andersen has been playing since 1982 (with New Orleans, the New York Giants, Kansas City and Minnesota). Blanda played from 1949 to 1975 with Chicago, Baltimore, Houston and Oakland. Former Viking and current Tennessee Titans kicker Gary Anderson has played in 339 games since 1982 (with Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Minnesota and Tennessee).
3) Randy Moss tied his own team record for most consecutive games with a TD reception with seven. His current streak started on Nov. 30, 2003. His first record of seven consecutive games went from Nov. 15, 1998 to Dec. 26, 1998.
4) With 343 yards passing, Daunte Culpepper had his 11th career 300-yard game. That moves him into second place in the team's record books, surpassing Warren Moon's 10. Tommy Kramer holds the team record with 19 career 300-yard games.
5) Mewelde Moore had his first game with 100 yards in kickoff returns. He had 123 yards.
6) Daunte Culpepper's 41 yards rushing move him into fifth place for most rushing yards by an NFL QB in his first six seasons. Culpepper has 1,989 yards rushing, trailing Steve McNair (2,180 yards from 1995-2000), Donovan McNabb (2,275 yards from 1999-2004), Bobby Douglass (2,436 yards from 1969-74) and Randall Cunningham (3,437 yards from 1985-90).
Record Seekers vs. Philadelphia
Viking Update Top Stories
First half is doom and gloom for JaguarsThe Jacksonville Jaguars are too good to be 2-10, but, despite a talented roster, early struggles have been their undoing all season.
Viking Update8:38 AM
Preview: Jags loaded with talent, turnoversThe Jacksonville Jaguars should be better than their record indicates, but turnovers have been the Jaguars’ undoing.
Viking Update7:59 AM
Podcast: The odds on A.P., playoffsWill Adrian Peterson make it back and should he, and what are the odds the Minnesota Vikings make the playoffs?
Viking Update7:01 AM
Forbath hoping to find permanent homeVikings kicker Kai Forbath arrived in Minnesota under bad circumstances. He's looking to quit moving from town to town and make Minnesota his permanent home.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:19 PM