GAME NOTES vs. HOUSTON:
1) Daunte Culpepper became the first Vikings QB to have two games in the same season in which he threw five touchdowns, and only one other Vikings QB has done that twice in his career. Tommy Kramer had two such games, one in 1982 and one in 1986.
Culpepper also set a team record for most TDs passing (13) after the first four games of a season, breaking Kramer's mark of 11 in 1986.
He reached his 100th passing touchdown in his 62nd game played, which ties him with Brett Favre for fifth place in NFL history and is a team record. Fran Tarkenton and Kramer took 75 games to reach 100 TDs, and on the NFL level only Dan Marino (44), Kurt Warner (47), Johnny Unitas (53) and Peyton Manning (56) reached it faster.
2) Culpepper also moved up the NFL charts with his legs. His six rushing attempts give him a career total of 368, moving him into a second-place tie with Bobby Douglass all-time in NFL history among quarterbacks in their first six seasons. Randall Cunningham holds the record with 486 rushing attempts in his first six seasons.
3) Randy Moss' has now caught a pass in 100 consecutive games, which is third-most in team history. Cris Carter holds the team record with 111 straight games with a reception, and Anthony Carter is second with 105.
4) Moss became only the sixth player in NFL history to catch a touchdown pass in nine consecutive games, joining Jerry Rice (13), Elroy Hirsch and Buddy Dial (11), Carl Pickens (10) and Lance Alworth (9).
5) Mewelde Moore's 12 receptions were a career high and put him in second place in single-game team history for catches by a running back. Darrin Nelson in 1985 was the last running back to have 12 catches, while Rickey Young (1978) and Ted Brown (1981) also had 12 catches in a game.
6) Culpepper's 36 completions were the second-most in his career and the fifth-most in team history. Tommy Kramer holds the record with two games with 38 completions, while Steve Dils and Culpepper each have had 37-completion games.
7) Culpepper's single-game total of 396 yards passing ranks 10th in team history and ties for his career best (vs. Oakland on Nov. 16, 2003).
Record Seekers vs. Houston
Viking Update Top Stories
Counting snaps: Vikings vs. EaglesDespite a “soft” performance on the offensive line, according to coach Mike Zimmer, the Minnesota Vikings seemed interested in getting a rotation going there.
Viking Update6:23 AM
Holler: R-E-L-A-XMike Zimmer wasn't kind in his assessment of the Minnesota Vikings Sunday following their humbling 21-10 loss to Philadelphia, but it isn't as though the season is going down the…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 10:11 PM
Pass protection fails Bradford, VikingsThe Minnesota Vikings still haven’t been able to solve their offensive line issues, a theme going back to last year, but Mike Zimmer and the players aren’t denying it. They have to…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:23 PM
Notebook: Bradford-Wentz duel fizzlesSunday's game between the Minnesota Vikings and Philadelphia Eagles was supposed to be a marquee battle of quarterbacks Sam Bradford and Carson Wentz. Instead, it was a long day…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 3:39 PM