Denny Green has a general rule of thumb for non-Pro Bowl players -- don't practice Thursday and you don't play Sunday.
Todd Bouman may be a victim of that rule Sunday, as the Vikings prepare for the Green Bay Packers. Bouman was very limited in practice Thursday with a sore thumb and Green touted the good practices of Spergon Wynn, who came in relief of Bouman early Sunday and set team records for most attempts and completions in a first game for a Viking QB.
Bouman's status hasn't changed on the injury report, but, from what VU is being told, it is likely that Wynn is going to get the start and may have been told Thursday it's his game vs. Green Bay.
* Eddie McDaniel didn't practice Thursday and is likely out for Sunday's game with a shoulder stinger. From what VU is hearing, McDaniel may be playing his last games as a Viking, since he will likely be a salary cap casualty following the season.
* The Vikings have quietly opened negotiations with Robert Griffith in hopes of getting him signed before the free agent period begins. Griffith is represented by Mitch Frankel, the same agent as Cris Carter has. An attempt to sign Griffith last summer failed.
* Chris Hovan was removed from the injury report Thursday.
* Lemanski Hall practiced Thursday and looks more likely to return to the lineup Sunday.
* Fullback Matt Snider, who had a cup of coffee with the Vikings after being cut by the Packers last summer, was one of the first players signed by the expansion Houston Texans Thursday.
* The Vikings have just eight interceptions -- the worst in the NFL. Much of the blame is being put on the secondary, which has seen nine different starters this season.
* Robert Tate and Orlando Thomas will return to the starting lineup this week after living in exile for most of the last month. They will replace Eric Kelly and Tyrone Carter in the starting lineup.
* Although the Vikings aren't viewed as a high-ratings team on the networks, FOX's No. 1 crew of Pat Summerall and John Madden will be calling the game Sunday -- which will be a national game sent to much of the country.
Wynn Likely to Start Sunday
Viking Update Top Stories
Notebook: Bradford-Wentz duel fizzlesSunday's game between the Minnesota Vikings and Philadelphia Eagles was supposed to be a marquee battle of quarterbacks Sam Bradford and Carson Wentz. Instead, it was a long day…
Viking Update3:39 PM
Vikings record-seekers vs. EaglesThe Minnesota Vikings’ loss was littered with mistakes, but a few players worked their way up in the franchise record book.
Viking Update3:14 PM
WATCH: Vikings vs. Eagles highlightsHighlights, or really lowlights for Minnesota Vikings fans, as they drop their first game of the season, 21-10, to the Philadelphia Eagles.
Viking Update2:57 PM
Zimmer on Vikings loss: ‘Embarrassing’The Minnesota Vikings’ undefeated season came to an abrupt end in a overwhelming 21-10 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday.
Viking Update2:33 PM
Week 7 live blog: Eagles 21, Vikings 10Quarter-by-quarter reports as the Minnesota Vikings dropped their first game of the season, 21-10 in Philadelphia.
Viking Update10:49 AM