GAME NOTES vs. SAINTS
1) The Vikings offense set a team record with its fifth consecutive game with 400 yards. They had four games in a row with 400 yards in 1998 and 2000.
2) The Vikings defense set a team record by going 309 games — since 1984 — without allowing 50 points in a single game.
3) Randy Moss moved into a fourth-place tie in NFL history with 10 consecutive games with a touchdown reception. Jerry Rice had 13 consecutive games with a touchdown catch from 1986-87, and Elroy Hirsch (1950-51) and Buddy Dial (1959-60) each had 11 straight games, while Moss tied Carl Pickens (1994-95).
4) Moe Williams became the sixth Vikings running back to play in 100 games. He joins Bill Brown (180), Dave Osborn (135), Darrin Nelson (129), Alfred Anderson (108) and Ted Brown (104).
5) Daunte Culpepper's 18 touchdowns after five games are the most in team and NFL history. Brett Favre held the old NFL record with 15 TDs after five games in 1996, and Brad Johnson had the old team record with 11 in 1997.
6) Culpepper set a team record with four straight 300-yard passing games. Tommy Kramer (1985) and Warren Moon (1994 and 1995) each had three-game streaks with 300 yards passing.
7) Culpepper set a team record with 18 touchdowns in five consecutive games, beating Warren Moon's 16 TDs in a five-game stretch during the 1995 season.
8) Culpepper set a team record with 1,755 yards passing five games into a season, breaking Randall Cunningham's mark of 1,384 from 1999.
9) Culpepper set a team record with 10 passing touchdowns over a two-game stretch. Tommy Kramer threw nine TDs over two games twice in his career.
10) Culpepper set an NFL record by throwing five touchdowns in three separate games in a single season — and he still has 11 games to go.
Record-Seekers vs. Saints
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings sign 3 to practice squad, release 3The Minnesota Vikings shook up their practice squad on Tuesday, signing three – including an offensive lineman – and releasing three.
Viking Update1:34 PM
Long: No excusesJake Long was only on the field for 13 plays Sunday at Philadelphia, but two of those resulted in turnovers that cost the Minnesota Vikings offense from putting up points. On…
Viking Update12:55 PM
Did rotating tackles affect Vikings?The Minnesota Vikings took the unusual step of rotating their offensive tackles in the first half of Sunday’s loss. Did that affect their performance? Alex Boone reacted to that,…
Viking Update12:42 PM
Cutler’s back, drawing angry Vikings defenseThe Bears announced Monday that, in the midst of Chicago’s World Series frenzy, local goat Jay Cutler will be making his return to playing action. How will it go? The Minnesota…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 10:02 PM