The questions and rumors continue to circulate about the status of Randy Moss with no resolution apparently in sight.
Moss, who has never missed a game in his seven-year NFL career, is listed as questionable on the team's injury report and didn't practice Wednesday. It is expected that he will practice Friday and that when the team meets for a private walk-through practice not open to the media Saturday, Moss will test his injured right hamstring even more.
Coach Mike Tice has already said that Moss will be a "game-time decision" and that nothing new will come to light until Sunday — perhaps even minutes before the game starts.
If Moss can't go, Nate Burleson and Marcus Robinson will start and Kelly Campbell will come in on three-receiver sets.
Knowing the competitive spirit of Moss, he will likely give it every shot he can to play Sunday, but it appears the Vikings are going fall on the side of caution — which could mean his consecutive games played streak could end at 101 Sunday.
* Michael Bennett has returned to practice, but, unlike last season when he was handed his starting job back, he will be in a reserve role Sunday. Mewelde Moore will get the start.
* Jeff Fisher obviously has received some sort of reprimand from the league over the reporting of injuries, as several of his starters are on this week's injury report are listed as questionable. While TE Shad Meier, WR Tyrone Calico and S Lance Schulters are listed as out, running back Chris Brown, QB Steve McNair, offensive linemen Fred Miller and Benji Olson, DT Albert Haynesworth, LB Rocky Calmus and TE Erron Kinney — all Titans starters — are listed as questionable. Expect most or all of them to start despite their injury status.
* E.J. Henderson was back in practice wearing a brace on his injured knee and is expected to start Sunday.
* Chris Claiborne is expected to sit at least one more week with his most recent injury.
* On the Vikings' side of the injury report, Cory Withrow is listed as out, Bennett, Claiborne, Henderson and Moss are all listed as questionable and Raonall Smith and Moe Williams are listed as probable.
Moss' Return Still In Question
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings sign 3 to practice squad, release 3The Minnesota Vikings shook up their practice squad on Tuesday, signing three – including an offensive lineman – and releasing three.
Viking Update1:34 PM
Long: No excusesJake Long was only on the field for 13 plays Sunday at Philadelphia, but two of those resulted in turnovers that cost the Minnesota Vikings offense from putting up points. On…
Viking Update12:55 PM
Did rotating tackles affect Vikings?The Minnesota Vikings took the unusual step of rotating their offensive tackles in the first half of Sunday’s loss. Did that affect their performance? Alex Boone reacted to that,…
Viking Update12:42 PM
Cutler’s back, drawing angry Vikings defenseThe Bears announced Monday that, in the midst of Chicago’s World Series frenzy, local goat Jay Cutler will be making his return to playing action. How will it go? The Minnesota…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 10:02 PM