GAME NOTES vs. TENNESSEE
1) Antoine Winfield intercepted his eighth career pass, and it was the first time in his career he has had interceptions in back-to-back games.
2) Two streaks ended for Randy Moss — his consecutive games with a touchdown ends at 10, a team record and fourth-best in NFL history, and his consecutive games with a reception ends at 101, third-best in team history.
3) Daunte Culpepper threw a touchdown pass for the 11th consecutive game, moving him into fourth place in team history. He already owns the record with 24 consecutive games with a TD pass from 2000 to 2001.
4) Raonall Smith intercepted his first career pass.
5) Mewelde Moore set a team record for most combined net yards gained in three consecutive games. He has 610 yards in the last three games, beating out Chuck Foreman (573 in 1976) and Robert Smith (531 in 2000).
6) Culpepper set a team record for the most touchdowns and yards passing after the first six games of a season. His 19 TD passes is six better than Brad Johnson's 13 from 1997, and Culpepper's 1,949 yards is 256 yards better than Randall Cunningham's 1,693 yards from 1999.
7) The last time the Vikings held an opponent to three points was in 1998, when they beat Cincinnati 24-3 on Nov. 15.
8) Culpepper set a team record for the most touchdown passes in six consecutive games, as he has 19 this year, beating out Warren Moon's 18 TDs during a six-game stretch in 1995.
9) Culpepper's 19 TD passes are two short of Dan Marino's NFL record of 21 TDs in a six-game streak in 1986.
10) Culpepper set a team record with four consecutive games with a passer rating of 100 or better with his 103.2 rating Sunday. VU
Record Seekers vs. Titans
Viking Update Top Stories
NFC North Rankings: Offensive linemenIn 2015, all four teams in the NFC North thought they had the pieces on their offensive line to carry them to the end of the decade. A lot has changed the last two years.
Viking Update5:34 AM
Vikings make pre-camp roster movesThe Minnesota Vikings made a bottom-of-the-roster release and signing on Friday, but they might not be done.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:46 PM
NFC North Rankings: Tight endsThe crop of tight ends in the NFC North has been formulated under two very different approaches, with varied levels of success.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:29 AM
Rivalries start for divisional defectorsThe Minnesota Vikings signed three free agents this offseason that played for each of their NFC North rivals. So what will it be like for them to play their former teams twice a…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 4:47 AM
Jones feeling good with position switchDatone Jones is thrilled to be back working at a position that made him a first-round pick out of college, and the Minnesota Vikings believe that is his best position.
Viking UpdateThursday at 6:18 AM