All eyes were on one player Wednesday, as the more familiar site of Randy Moss taking part in practice instead of sitting out returned to Winter Park Wednesday.
Moss, who was limited to just two plays on offense Sunday, went through the entire morning session and most of the full-pads afternoon practice.
Coach Mike Tice said Moss is "moving in the right direction" and the team expects him to play an expanded role vs. the Giants. While he likely won't be at full speed for another week or two, having him back will be a help to a Vikings offense looking to keep their winning ways going.
* Michael Bennett has been relegated to working with the kickoff teams, but, because of his inexperience, likely won't be asked to do it this week.
* Darrion Scott has been fighting mad about being sidelined with a hand injury and it showed Thursday — he practiced with what looked like a taped boxing glove over his injured hand.
* The Vikings' injury report was released. It is as follows: DOUBTFUL: Cory Withrow (knee), Chris Claiborne (calf); QUESTIONABLE: Moss (hamstring), Adam Goldberg (knee); PROBABLE: Bennett (knee), E.J. Henderson (knee), Moe Williams (quadriceps).
* The Giants have three players — WR Amani Toomer (hamstring), CB Frank Walker (ankle) and former Vikings DT Fred Robbins (shoulder) — listed as questionable.
* Former Viking Chris Walsh is working as a special assistant coach with the special teams.
Moss Returns To Practice
Viking Update Top Stories
Thielen seeks respect, hopes to stayReceiver Adam Thielen has seen an increased role in each of his four years with the Minnesota Vikings and would like to see that continue well into the future. He discussed the…
Viking Update1:54 PM
Johnson: Bridgewater ‘coming along well’Receiver Charles Johnson has talked with Minnesota Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater and says he is “coming along well” in his rehab, along with offering a few other insights.
Viking Update7:36 AM
Scott Turner signs with MichiganMichigan head coach Jim Harbaugh has ruffled feathers since arriving in Ann Arbor. His hiring of Scott Turner may be the latest preemptive move.
Viking Update4:06 AM
Combine Research: Receivers (Part 1)Who showed he was recovered from a broken leg with a four-touchdown game? Which teammates were born in Liberia and Sierre Leone? Who set the NCAA yardage record? Those answers and…
Packer ReportYesterday at 8:16 PM
Shurmur has his focal point for offenseMinnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur his “focal point” for where the offense needs to improve in 2017.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 2:38 PM