All eyes were on one player Wednesday, as the more familiar site of Randy Moss taking part in practice instead of sitting out returned to Winter Park Wednesday.
Moss, who was limited to just two plays on offense Sunday, went through the entire morning session and most of the full-pads afternoon practice.
Coach Mike Tice said Moss is "moving in the right direction" and the team expects him to play an expanded role vs. the Giants. While he likely won't be at full speed for another week or two, having him back will be a help to a Vikings offense looking to keep their winning ways going.
* Michael Bennett has been relegated to working with the kickoff teams, but, because of his inexperience, likely won't be asked to do it this week.
* Darrion Scott has been fighting mad about being sidelined with a hand injury and it showed Thursday — he practiced with what looked like a taped boxing glove over his injured hand.
* The Vikings' injury report was released. It is as follows: DOUBTFUL: Cory Withrow (knee), Chris Claiborne (calf); QUESTIONABLE: Moss (hamstring), Adam Goldberg (knee); PROBABLE: Bennett (knee), E.J. Henderson (knee), Moe Williams (quadriceps).
* The Giants have three players — WR Amani Toomer (hamstring), CB Frank Walker (ankle) and former Vikings DT Fred Robbins (shoulder) — listed as questionable.
* Former Viking Chris Walsh is working as a special assistant coach with the special teams.
Moss Returns To Practice
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings visitor analysis: The versatile TEThe Minnesota Vikings are in search of a tight end to add depth and they visited with one that was very impressive at the NFL Scouting Combine and showed versatility in college.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 6:13 AM
Most feared player for each Vikings opponentWith the Minnesota Vikings’ schedule out, we break down the key player for each opponent that will be key to each game plan.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:43 AM
Where do Vikings rank in strength of scheduleThe Minnesota Vikings had their complete 2017 schedule revealed on Thursday, but their strength of schedule is the easiest of the four NFC North teams.
Viking UpdateFriday at 12:23 PM
Vikings visitor analysis: Mid-round backThe Minnesota Vikings have taken a deep dive on the running back prospects, with one productive mid-round option visiting Winter Park. We take a look at the possibilities,…
Viking UpdateFriday at 8:13 AM
In-depth NFL draft analysis: CornerbacksA deep class also has some talented players with injury concerns. We go 11 deep with analysis on production, agility, projections, strengths and weaknesses.
Viking UpdateFriday at 6:12 AM