All eyes were on one player Wednesday, as the more familiar site of Randy Moss taking part in practice instead of sitting out returned to Winter Park Wednesday.
Moss, who was limited to just two plays on offense Sunday, went through the entire morning session and most of the full-pads afternoon practice.
Coach Mike Tice said Moss is "moving in the right direction" and the team expects him to play an expanded role vs. the Giants. While he likely won't be at full speed for another week or two, having him back will be a help to a Vikings offense looking to keep their winning ways going.
* Michael Bennett has been relegated to working with the kickoff teams, but, because of his inexperience, likely won't be asked to do it this week.
* Darrion Scott has been fighting mad about being sidelined with a hand injury and it showed Thursday — he practiced with what looked like a taped boxing glove over his injured hand.
* The Vikings' injury report was released. It is as follows: DOUBTFUL: Cory Withrow (knee), Chris Claiborne (calf); QUESTIONABLE: Moss (hamstring), Adam Goldberg (knee); PROBABLE: Bennett (knee), E.J. Henderson (knee), Moe Williams (quadriceps).
* The Giants have three players — WR Amani Toomer (hamstring), CB Frank Walker (ankle) and former Vikings DT Fred Robbins (shoulder) — listed as questionable.
* Former Viking Chris Walsh is working as a special assistant coach with the special teams.
Moss Returns To Practice
Viking Update Top Stories
Counting snaps: DL rotation against big OLThe Minnesota Vikings used a healthy rotation of defensive linemen Thursday night in an attempt to beat what is widely considered the best offensive line in the NFL.
Viking Update3:13 AM
WATCH: Vikings vs. Cowboys highlightsHighlights and lowlights from the Minnesota Vikings' 17-15 loss to the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday night.
Viking Update12:33 AM
Zimmer made ‘emotional’ Thursday appearanceThe Minnesota Vikings were without their head coach on Thursday night, but Mike Zimmer made an “emotional” appearance Thursday morning.
Viking Update12:12 AM
Vikings notebook: O-line upset following lossThe Minnesota Vikings weren’t blown out by Dallas Thursday night. In fact, the Vikings felt most of the damage done was provided by themselves. Plus, dozens of notes that help tell…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 10:57 PM