All eyes were on one player Wednesday, as the more familiar site of Randy Moss taking part in practice instead of sitting out returned to Winter Park Wednesday.
Moss, who was limited to just two plays on offense Sunday, went through the entire morning session and most of the full-pads afternoon practice.
Coach Mike Tice said Moss is "moving in the right direction" and the team expects him to play an expanded role vs. the Giants. While he likely won't be at full speed for another week or two, having him back will be a help to a Vikings offense looking to keep their winning ways going.
* Michael Bennett has been relegated to working with the kickoff teams, but, because of his inexperience, likely won't be asked to do it this week.
* Darrion Scott has been fighting mad about being sidelined with a hand injury and it showed Thursday — he practiced with what looked like a taped boxing glove over his injured hand.
* The Vikings' injury report was released. It is as follows: DOUBTFUL: Cory Withrow (knee), Chris Claiborne (calf); QUESTIONABLE: Moss (hamstring), Adam Goldberg (knee); PROBABLE: Bennett (knee), E.J. Henderson (knee), Moe Williams (quadriceps).
* The Giants have three players — WR Amani Toomer (hamstring), CB Frank Walker (ankle) and former Vikings DT Fred Robbins (shoulder) — listed as questionable.
* Former Viking Chris Walsh is working as a special assistant coach with the special teams.
Moss Returns To Practice
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings release 2014 3rd-round pick CrichtonAfter a lackluster three years with the Minnesota Vikings, Scott Crichton is out on the open market.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 11:10 AM
Vikings interview subject has size, potentialThe Minnesota Vikings interviewed a versatile offensive lineman at the NFL Scouting Combine that knows he needs to work on his technique but is confident in his abilities.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:07 AM
Vikings create space with Robison's new dealThe Minnesota Vikings and Brian Robison reached a deal that will extend him for one year with advantages and disadvantages.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:00 AM
NFL proposes 15 rules changesNFL owners will consider 15 different changes to the rules next week, some proposed by teams and some proposed by the Competition Committee and one that changes who makes the final…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 4:22 AM