Vikings coaches and fans were waiting to hear the words that came Friday after practice — Randy Moss made it through a full practice.
Moss came through the 75-minute practice Friday without incident and was upgraded from questionable to probable on the Vikings injury report with a hamstring injury.
While Moss still may be limited in his role on Sunday — he likely won't be able to run at full speed on deep routes — his upgrading is a good sign. Moss has been despondent about being sidelined and having him back is good for the team psychologically as much as physically.
* Michael Bennett, Moe Williams and E.J. Henderson were all removed from the injury report Friday.
* Adam Goldberg was upgrade from questionable to probable Friday.
* Despite attempts by the Titans for the NFL to take a long look at the play in question, the NFL did not fine Kevin Williams for the hit on Steve McNair that knocked him out of last Sunday's game.
* The Giants have allowed just two rushing touchdowns this season, as opposed to 11 TDs through the air. That shouldn't be a problem for the Vikings, who have 19 passing TDs on offense and just two rushing touchdowns.
* Kurt Warner is spreading the ball around like Daunte Culpepper. The Vikings have five players with 21 or more receptions, with Randy Moss and Mewelde Moore tied for the team lead with 26. The Giants have four players with 22 or more receptions with Amani Toomer and Tiki Barber tied for the team lead with 26.
* Despite passing a lot, the Vikings are averaging 128 yards a game rushing – which leaves them four yards a game less than the Giants.
Moss Goes Through Full Practice
Viking Update Top Stories
Pass protection fails Bradford, VikingsThe Minnesota Vikings still haven’t been able to solve their offensive line issues, a theme going back to last year, but Mike Zimmer and the players aren’t denying it. They have to…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:23 PM
Notebook: Bradford-Wentz duel fizzlesSunday's game between the Minnesota Vikings and Philadelphia Eagles was supposed to be a marquee battle of quarterbacks Sam Bradford and Carson Wentz. Instead, it was a long day…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 3:39 PM
Vikings record-seekers vs. EaglesThe Minnesota Vikings’ loss was littered with mistakes, but a few players worked their way up in the franchise record book.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 3:14 PM
WATCH: Vikings vs. Eagles highlightsHighlights, or really lowlights for Minnesota Vikings fans, as they drop their first game of the season, 21-10, to the Philadelphia Eagles.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 2:57 PM