With the Vikings worried about the health of Randy Moss, if they need any motivation to get him back on the field it could be the lack of health in the Colts secondary. No fewer than six Colts defensive backs are listed by the team in this week's injury report — and only one of them is probable.
The Colts have three safeties listed — Cory Bird (knee) and Mike Doss (groin) listed as doubtful and Indrees Bashir (back) listed as questionable. It doesn't get much better at cornerback with Nicholas Harper (shoulder) and Joseph Jefferson (knee) listed as questionable.
If the Vikings are to win a shootout with the Colts Monday, it will take a lot of deep balls to get it done. But, with the injuries the Colts are facing, that job may have become a little easier.
* The only non-secondary players of note on the Colts injury report are Troy Walters (out, broken forearm) and RB Dominic Rhodes (knee, probable).
* The Vikings injury report includes Chris Claiborne (calf) as doubtful, Moss (hamstring) as questionable and four players as probable — Mewelde Moore (ankle), Marcus Robinson (foot), Raonall Smith (concussion) and Cory Withrow (knee).
* Ryan Hoag cleared waivers and was re-signed to the practice squad.
* Tice indicated Wednesday that former WWE wrestling champion may be signed to the practice squad before the end of the regular season.
* On the subject of wrestlers, VU has been told when they run the "Are You Ready for Some Football?" opening to the Monday Night Football for the Vikings-Colts game, former Governor Jesse Ventura will be the featured performer.
Secondary Matchup Favors Vikings
Viking Update Top Stories
Pass protection fails Bradford, VikingsThe Minnesota Vikings still haven’t been able to solve their offensive line issues, a theme going back to last year, but Mike Zimmer and the players aren’t denying it. They have to…
Viking Update5:23 PM
Notebook: Bradford-Wentz duel fizzlesSunday's game between the Minnesota Vikings and Philadelphia Eagles was supposed to be a marquee battle of quarterbacks Sam Bradford and Carson Wentz. Instead, it was a long day…
Viking Update3:39 PM
Vikings record-seekers vs. EaglesThe Minnesota Vikings’ loss was littered with mistakes, but a few players worked their way up in the franchise record book.
Viking Update3:14 PM
WATCH: Vikings vs. Eagles highlightsHighlights, or really lowlights for Minnesota Vikings fans, as they drop their first game of the season, 21-10, to the Philadelphia Eagles.
Viking Update2:57 PM