GAME NOTES vs. COLTS
1) Nate Burleson's 91-yard punt return was the second-longest in team history and the first returned for a touchdown since Randy Moss' 64-yard TD return in 1999. Burleson is only the eighth Viking to return a punt for a touchdown, and his 96 punt return yards are the fifth-most in single-game team history. Charlie West holds the team record with a 98-yard TD return against Washington on Nov. 3, 1968.
2) With only 292 total net yards against the Colts, the Vikings' NFL record of 300 yards of offense came to end after 36 straight games. Their streak ran from Sept. 29, 2002 to Oct. 31, 2004.
3) With a sack of Peyton Manning, Kevin Williams has one sack in six of the eight games this season. His has 16.5 in his career.
4) Peyton Manning set an NFL record with 26 touchdowns after eight games in a season, breaking Kurt Warner and Dan Marino's mark of 24. Daunte Culpepper set a team record with 21 TD passes after eight games, breaking Randall Cunningham's mark of 16, set in 1998.
5) Daunte Culpepper's 13 straight games with a TD pass moved him into third place in team history. He also holds the team record with 24 consecutive games with a TD from 2000-2001. Brad Johnson is second with 15 games from 1996-97.
Record-Seekers vs. Colts
Viking Update Top Stories
Podcast: Moss returned, Zimmer refreshedViking Update publisher Tim Yotter and Star Tribune columnist Jim Souhan talk about Randy Moss, Mike Zimmer, Sam Bradford vs. Teddy Bridgewater, and MVP odds.
Viking Update8:38 AM
Jones knows his role, unlike in Green BayDatone Jones never found his calling in Green Bay, making position switch after position switch. Now with the Minnesota Vikings, the former first-round pick is excited to get a…
Viking Update7:16 AM
Murray: I’m getting the ballLatavius Murray has fallen behind Minnesota Vikings rookie Dalvin Cook while the veteran recovers from surgery, but Murray is not backing away from taking a job he believes is his.
Viking Update4:03 AM
Vikings join growing trend with campThe Minnesota Vikings join a growing trend of having NFL rookies report to training camp before veterans.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 1:35 PM