GAME NOTES vs. COLTS
1) Nate Burleson's 91-yard punt return was the second-longest in team history and the first returned for a touchdown since Randy Moss' 64-yard TD return in 1999. Burleson is only the eighth Viking to return a punt for a touchdown, and his 96 punt return yards are the fifth-most in single-game team history. Charlie West holds the team record with a 98-yard TD return against Washington on Nov. 3, 1968.
2) With only 292 total net yards against the Colts, the Vikings' NFL record of 300 yards of offense came to end after 36 straight games. Their streak ran from Sept. 29, 2002 to Oct. 31, 2004.
3) With a sack of Peyton Manning, Kevin Williams has one sack in six of the eight games this season. His has 16.5 in his career.
4) Peyton Manning set an NFL record with 26 touchdowns after eight games in a season, breaking Kurt Warner and Dan Marino's mark of 24. Daunte Culpepper set a team record with 21 TD passes after eight games, breaking Randall Cunningham's mark of 16, set in 1998.
5) Daunte Culpepper's 13 straight games with a TD pass moved him into third place in team history. He also holds the team record with 24 consecutive games with a TD from 2000-2001. Brad Johnson is second with 15 games from 1996-97.
Record-Seekers vs. Colts
Viking Update Top Stories
Diggs reaching rare Vikings airStefon Diggs is on pace for a couple milestones that haven’t been reached by a Minnesota Vikings receiver in this decade.
Viking Update3:05 PM
First half is doom and gloom for JaguarsThe Jacksonville Jaguars are too good to be 2-10, but, despite a talented roster, early struggles have been their undoing all season.
Viking Update8:38 AM
Preview: Jags loaded with talent, turnoversThe Jacksonville Jaguars should be better than their record indicates, but turnovers have been the Jaguars’ undoing.
Viking Update7:59 AM
Podcast: The odds on A.P., playoffsWill Adrian Peterson make it back and should he, and what are the odds the Minnesota Vikings make the playoffs?
Viking Update7:01 AM
Forbath hoping to find permanent homeVikings kicker Kai Forbath arrived in Minnesota under bad circumstances. He's looking to quit moving from town to town and make Minnesota his permanent home.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:19 PM