GAME NOTES vs. COLTS
1) Nate Burleson's 91-yard punt return was the second-longest in team history and the first returned for a touchdown since Randy Moss' 64-yard TD return in 1999. Burleson is only the eighth Viking to return a punt for a touchdown, and his 96 punt return yards are the fifth-most in single-game team history. Charlie West holds the team record with a 98-yard TD return against Washington on Nov. 3, 1968.
2) With only 292 total net yards against the Colts, the Vikings' NFL record of 300 yards of offense came to end after 36 straight games. Their streak ran from Sept. 29, 2002 to Oct. 31, 2004.
3) With a sack of Peyton Manning, Kevin Williams has one sack in six of the eight games this season. His has 16.5 in his career.
4) Peyton Manning set an NFL record with 26 touchdowns after eight games in a season, breaking Kurt Warner and Dan Marino's mark of 24. Daunte Culpepper set a team record with 21 TD passes after eight games, breaking Randall Cunningham's mark of 16, set in 1998.
5) Daunte Culpepper's 13 straight games with a TD pass moved him into third place in team history. He also holds the team record with 24 consecutive games with a TD from 2000-2001. Brad Johnson is second with 15 games from 1996-97.
Record-Seekers vs. Colts
Viking Update Top Stories
Could Floyd's career be over?Six months after surgery sidelined Sharrif Floyd, his right leg still isn't healed and his career may be on the line if things don't improve soon.
Viking Update2:28 PM
On Bridgewater: From torture to ticklingSeven months ago today, Teddy Bridgewater’s injury changed the Minnesota Vikings’ outlook. Mike Zimmer recalled the first day and recent days.
Viking Update1:50 PM
Vikings sign 3 from NFL’s veteran combineThe Minnesota Vikings are switching positions for a former offensive player after re-signing him on defense and adding two to the offense.
Viking Update10:31 AM
Vikings believe Murray has ‘the slither’Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer talked about the different ways the team’s newest running back, Latavius Murray, can help the offense.
Viking Update9:55 AM