GAME NOTES vs. COLTS
1) Nate Burleson's 91-yard punt return was the second-longest in team history and the first returned for a touchdown since Randy Moss' 64-yard TD return in 1999. Burleson is only the eighth Viking to return a punt for a touchdown, and his 96 punt return yards are the fifth-most in single-game team history. Charlie West holds the team record with a 98-yard TD return against Washington on Nov. 3, 1968.
2) With only 292 total net yards against the Colts, the Vikings' NFL record of 300 yards of offense came to end after 36 straight games. Their streak ran from Sept. 29, 2002 to Oct. 31, 2004.
3) With a sack of Peyton Manning, Kevin Williams has one sack in six of the eight games this season. His has 16.5 in his career.
4) Peyton Manning set an NFL record with 26 touchdowns after eight games in a season, breaking Kurt Warner and Dan Marino's mark of 24. Daunte Culpepper set a team record with 21 TD passes after eight games, breaking Randall Cunningham's mark of 16, set in 1998.
5) Daunte Culpepper's 13 straight games with a TD pass moved him into third place in team history. He also holds the team record with 24 consecutive games with a TD from 2000-2001. Brad Johnson is second with 15 games from 1996-97.
Record-Seekers vs. Colts
Viking Update Top Stories
VIDEO: Best fits for Adrian PetersonThe NFL Network crew discusses some less-talked-about fits for Adrian Peterson if he is not with the Minnesota Vikings, but there could be an issue with him fitting in with a much…
Viking Update1:25 PM
Sunday slant: WR holds free-agent intrigueThe Minnesota Vikings have more pressing positions to solve in free agency than wide receiver, but there are interesting and altering decisions ahead at the position.
Viking Update6:30 AM
Why should fans expect Peterson to stay?Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson sent out a cryptic tweet about the New York Giants’ recent roster moves, but those who would be surprised if he ends up somewhere else don't…
Viking Update5:14 AM
Podcast: A.P.’s best landing spots and moreAdrian Peterson seems to be sending out indications of where he would like to play, but what teams are the best fits? Plus, roster moves, their meaning and more.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:26 AM
Hip surgery complicates Line’s offseasonMinnesota Vikings fullback Zach Line talked about a hip injury that hampered him in 2016.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:31 AM