GAME NOTES vs. PACKERS
1) Wide receiver Nate Burleson had the most receptions (11) and yards (141) of his career.
2) Daunte Culpepper set a team record for the most touchdowns thrown in a Viking's first six seasons. He has 115 touchdown passes, surpassing the 113 thrown by Fran Tarkenton from 1961-66.
3) Culpepper tied a team record with his fourth game this season with four passing touchdowns. Randall Cunningham also had four four-touchdown games in 1998.
4) Culpepper set a team record for the fewest games to reach 25 TDs in a season, completing that task in nine games this year. He held the previous mark, getting 25 TDs in 12 games in 2000.
5) Culpepper's four TD passes give him a career total of 115, which moves him into ninth place in NFL history for the most TDs passing in the first six seasons, surpassing Fran Tarkenton's 113. Dan Marino holds the record with 196 TDs from 1983-88.
6) The Vikings and Packers combined for eight passing touchdowns, only the third time in team history that the Vikings and their opponent each had four touchdowns, and the first time since 1998. The Vikings accomplished that mark previously with Chicago in 1998 and 1961.
Record-Seekers vs. Packers
Viking Update Top Stories
NFL’s important offseason datesFrom all-star games to free agency to the draft to the start of the preseason, the key dates for the NFL offseason.
Viking Update11:45 AM
Berger has much to consider before he’s backMinnesota Vikings center Joe Berger says he has a lot to think about and discuss before he returns for a 13th NFL season.
Viking Update8:43 AM
Show me the (Super Bowl) money!There is considerable debate as to the extent of the economic impact a Super Bowl has on a city, but much of the money the State of Minnesota invested in U.S. Bank Stadium will re…
Viking Update5:10 AM
Teammates call it strange if A.P. isn’t backTeammates of Adrian Peterson acknowledge it is a possibility that he won’t return to the Minnesota Vikings in 2017, but they say it would be strange without him and talk about his…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 10:17 AM