GAME NOTES vs. LIONS
1) Daunte Culpepper tied Brad Johnson for second place in team history with his 15th consecutive game with a touchdown pass thrown. Culpepper also owns the record with 24 consecutive games with a TD pass in 2000 and 2001.
2) Culpepper's 11 rushing attempts were the fourth most in a game by a Vikings quarterback. He also holds the top three spots, the record at 13 and two times with 12 rushes.
3) Eddie Drummond's kickoff return for a touchdown was his second this season. He is only the second player in NFL history to have two punt returns and two kickoff returns for touchdowns in the same season. Kansas City's Dante Hall did it last season.
4) The two touchdowns scored by both teams in the first one minute, 42 seconds of the game was the quickest ever in Vikings history.
5) The Vikings tied a team record for the most players in a season with receptions of 50 yards or more. Kelly Campbell became the fifth Viking to catch a 50-yard pass when he hauled in his 61-yard reception on the Vikings' first drive. He joined Nate Burleson, Randy Moss, Marcus Robinson and Onterrio Smith this season. In 1998, Cris Carter, Moss, Jake Reed, Robert Smith and Moe Williams all had catches of 50 yards or more.
6) David Dixon played in his 146th game at guard, which ties him with Milt Sunde for second place in team history at the position. Randall McDaniel holds the record with 190 games played from 1988-99.
7) Lance Johnstone's three sacks made him the 11th player in team history to reach 30 career sacks, as he has 30.5 as a Viking after the Detroit game. He surpassed Randy Holloway's 28.5, Paul Dickson's 29 and Al Noga' 29.5.
Record Seekers vs. Lions
Viking Update Top Stories
When good rumors go badAt his Wednesday press conference, Seattle coach Pete Carroll answered a question pertaining to the health issues the Seahawks are having at offensive tackle and, as part of his…
Viking Update4:53 AM
Harrison Smith: No reason for changeThe Minnesota Vikings’ perfect season hit a brick wall Sunday at Philadelphia, but safety Harrison Smith said the panic on the outside of Winter Park isn't being shared on the…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 2:44 PM
Munnerlyn likes Cutler’s risk-taking waysCaptain Munnerlyn likened Jay Cutler to Brett Favre, calling him a “gunslinger,” but Cutler was at his best when he conformed last year.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:32 AM
Did Vikings have bounty system?In a new book released recently, the claim is made that the Minnesota Vikings had a bounty system in place at the same time the Saints were eventually swept up in the Bountygate…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:25 AM
Fusco: O-line problems correctableAs players and coaches watched film of Sunday's loss to Philadelphia, more than a few them got an uneasy feeling. Not because the Eagles dominated them as much as it appeared, but…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 4:15 AM