There are times Mike Tice just can't help himself. He felt obligated to downplay the rehab Moss has made in recent days.
Tice said Moss is still listed as doubtful after his first full practice in more than a month. He was quick to add, however, that he could be upgraded to questionable and even probable later in the week.
Barring any injury setback from Moss' hamstring today, the plans are to use him for 20-25 plays in three-receiver sets.
* An MRI Monday showed Nat Dorsey's shoulder injury wasn't as severe as feared Sunday. There is a possibility he could play Sunday. If he doesn't, Adam Goldberg will start -- the fourth different player to start at right tackle this season.
* The Vikings record of rushing for four yards or more per carry in 19 straight games came to a harsh end Sunday. Not only did the team not average four yards a carry, no individual player averaged four yards a rush.
* Raonall Smith is going to miss at least one more game with post-concussion syndrome.
* Jags quarterback Byron Leftwich returned to practice Monday and is expected to start vs. the Vikings Sunday.
* Vikings executive Mike Kelly will be leaving the team following this season, and the team announced its plan for reorganization to cover the duties Kelly performed for the team.
Moss To Return This Week
Viking Update Top Stories
Notebook: Problems extended beyond pass proThe Minnesota Vikings had obvious problems with pass protection, but there are other areas head coach Mike Zimmer is addressing, too.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:41 PM
Vikings will look at ‘all options’ to improveComing off a loss that Mike Zimmer termed “embarrassing,” a 21-10 defeat against the Philadelphia Eagles, the Minnesota Vikings will look at all options to rectify the situation.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 2:42 PM
VIDEO: Zimmer: 'This is a gut-check day'Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer recapped the first loss of the season by pointing out "several dumb things" he found to be uncharacteristic of his team.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 1:06 PM
Counting snaps: Vikings vs. EaglesDespite a “soft” performance on the offensive line, according to coach Mike Zimmer, the Minnesota Vikings seemed interested in getting a rotation going there.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 6:23 AM
Holler: R-E-L-A-XMike Zimmer wasn't kind in his assessment of the Minnesota Vikings Sunday following their humbling 21-10 loss to Philadelphia, but it isn't as though the season is going down the…
Viking UpdateSunday at 10:11 PM