In a second straight workout that was as much to assess any potential damage from the first workout as to whether he could continue to push his ailing hamstring, Randy Moss was ready for the challenge.
In a workout dubbed by Mike Tice as "superb," Moss was able to run routes for nearly a half hour Tuesday with no swelling or any noticeable limp —- either of which would have likely shut him down for Sunday's game with the Jaguars.
While Moss is still going to be listed as questionable on the team's injury report submitted today to the league, the expectation now is that his improvment will be reflected in the injury report submitted Friday and upgraded again.
The bottom line is that the plan to use Moss for about 25 plays might be modified if he shows no ill-effects the rest of the week and, after five weeks with no receptions, Moss will be back and ready to go.
* The news is more promising for Nat Dorsey as well. What was first diagnosed as a potentially season-ending shoulder injury because of the pain he was in during Sunday's game, Dorsey has an outside chance of starting vs. the Jags. However, that is predicated on his practicing today. If he can't go in practice, Adam Goldberg will likely get the start Sunday.
* Former Viking Jack Del Rio will be making his head coaching debut back in Minnesota, where he and Tice were teammates in the early 1990s and still remain good friends.
* The Vikings have won four straight home games vs. AFC teams, dating back to 2002.
* The Vikings are 2-1 vs. the teams from the AFC South -- one of the few NFC teams that holds a upper hand vs. the much-stronger AFC this year.
* CBS is expecting big ratings from the game Sunday, assigning its No. 2 crew of Dick Enberg and Dan Dierdorff to call the game.
* For those of you traveling for Thanksgiving, those of us at VU wish you a safe and happy Thanksgiving weekend.
Moss One Step (Or Hammie) Closer
Viking Update Top Stories
Defenders think facing A.P. will be ‘fun’The Minnesota Vikings will get their first chance to see what it’s like to try to tackle Adrian Peterson in Week 1. What’s the vibe from his former teammates on defense?
Viking Update2:53 PM
VIDEO: Spielman on the Mixon decisionMinnesota Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman discusses character red flags and the video that surfaced of Joe Mixon punching a woman.
Viking Update12:29 PM
VIDEO: Murray on his ankle, expected returnVIDEO: Minnesota Vikings RB Latavius Murray on his ankle, expected return
Viking Update11:14 AM
Welcome home or good riddance?In an ironic twist, Adrian Peterson's first game of his post-Vikings career will come at U.S. Bank Stadium. How are fans going to respond?
Viking Update8:37 AM