In a second straight workout that was as much to assess any potential damage from the first workout as to whether he could continue to push his ailing hamstring, Randy Moss was ready for the challenge.
In a workout dubbed by Mike Tice as "superb," Moss was able to run routes for nearly a half hour Tuesday with no swelling or any noticeable limp —- either of which would have likely shut him down for Sunday's game with the Jaguars.
While Moss is still going to be listed as questionable on the team's injury report submitted today to the league, the expectation now is that his improvment will be reflected in the injury report submitted Friday and upgraded again.
The bottom line is that the plan to use Moss for about 25 plays might be modified if he shows no ill-effects the rest of the week and, after five weeks with no receptions, Moss will be back and ready to go.
* The news is more promising for Nat Dorsey as well. What was first diagnosed as a potentially season-ending shoulder injury because of the pain he was in during Sunday's game, Dorsey has an outside chance of starting vs. the Jags. However, that is predicated on his practicing today. If he can't go in practice, Adam Goldberg will likely get the start Sunday.
* Former Viking Jack Del Rio will be making his head coaching debut back in Minnesota, where he and Tice were teammates in the early 1990s and still remain good friends.
* The Vikings have won four straight home games vs. AFC teams, dating back to 2002.
* The Vikings are 2-1 vs. the teams from the AFC South -- one of the few NFC teams that holds a upper hand vs. the much-stronger AFC this year.
* CBS is expecting big ratings from the game Sunday, assigning its No. 2 crew of Dick Enberg and Dan Dierdorff to call the game.
* For those of you traveling for Thanksgiving, those of us at VU wish you a safe and happy Thanksgiving weekend.
Moss One Step (Or Hammie) Closer
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings announce changes in coaching staffThe Minnesota Vikings officially announced a few changes to their coaching staff.
Viking Update3:35 PM
Assessing metrics for Vikings’ receiversThe Minnesota Vikings have some big decisions to make with their receivers not named Stefon Diggs. We look at playing time, metrics and grades from 2016 to help you assess their…
Viking Update6:48 AM
Podcast: Who do you want among free agents?Viking Update publisher Tim Yotter and Star Tribune columnist Jim Souhan break down the Minnesota Vikings’ free-agent decisions and talk about the conference championship weekend.
Viking Update4:18 AM
Peterson discusses non-Vikings optionsAdrian Peterson appeared on ESPN's First Take Thursday and got caught up in a discussion of teams he may be interested in playing for if things don't work out with the Minnesota…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:01 PM