GAME NOTES vs. JACKSONVILLE
1) With 18 yards rushing, Daunte Culpepper tied Steve McNair for fourth-most yards rushing by an NFL quarterback in his first six seasons. They each have 1,280 yards. Randall Cunningham holds the record with 3,437 yards, followed by Bobby Douglass (2,436 yards) and Donovan McNabb (2,393).
2) Culpepper's rushing touchdown tied him with Kordell Stewart for third place in rushing TDs by an NFL quarterback. He and Stewart have 28 apiece, while Otto Graham (1950-55) leads that category with 33, followed by Jack Kemp (1957, 1960-64) with 29.
3) Kevin Williams' 77-yard fumble return for a touchdown was the third-longest in team history, and the longest by a defensive lineman. Dwayne Rudd holds the record with a 94-yarder against Chicago in 1998, and Ed Sharockman had an 88-yarder against Detroit in 1962.
4) Culpepper set a team record for the most starts by a QB in the Metrodome. His 35 starts are one more than Tommy Kramer had.
5) Culpepper had 235 yards passing, giving him 3,180 on the season. He tied Warren Moon for the team record by reaching 3,000 yards passing in 11 games.
6) Culpepper is only the second Viking to have three consecutive seasons with 3,000 yards passing, tying Kramer (1979-81).
7) Culpepper's 28 TDs after 11 games is a team record, surpassing the old mark of 23 that he set in 2000. It's also the third-best output in the NFL after 11 games, trailing only Peyton Manning's 41 this season and Dan Marino's 30 in 1984.
8) With 40 yards receiving, Randy Moss moved into second place in NFL history for the most receiving yards gained in the first seven seasons. He has 8,808 yards to date. He past Marvin Harrison (8,800 from 1996-2002) and still has Jerry Rice (9,072 from 1985-91) ahead of him.
Record Seekers vs. Jacksonville
Viking Update Top Stories
VIDEO: Zimmer: 'This is a gut-check day'Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer recapped the first loss of the season by pointing out "several dumb things" he found to be uncharacteristic of his team.
Viking Update1:06 PM
Counting snaps: Vikings vs. EaglesDespite a “soft” performance on the offensive line, according to coach Mike Zimmer, the Minnesota Vikings seemed interested in getting a rotation going there.
Viking Update6:23 AM
Holler: R-E-L-A-XMike Zimmer wasn't kind in his assessment of the Minnesota Vikings Sunday following their humbling 21-10 loss to Philadelphia, but it isn't as though the season is going down the…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 10:11 PM
Pass protection fails Bradford, VikingsThe Minnesota Vikings still haven’t been able to solve their offensive line issues, a theme going back to last year, but Mike Zimmer and the players aren’t denying it. They have to…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:23 PM