GAME NOTES vs. CHICAGO
1) Daunte Culpepper set a team record with his second touchdown pass of the game, which made him the first player in team history to reach 30 TDs in a season twice in his career. Culpepper has done it in 2000 and 2004, while Warren Moon did it in 1995 and Randall Cunningham did it in 1998. Culpepper did it in the fewest number of games, accomplishing the feat in 12 games this year and beating out Cunningham's pace of 14 games from 1998.
2) Onterrio Smith's two runs of 20 and 26 yards were his fifth and sixth career 20-yard runs, moving him past Fran Tarkenton and into fourth place for the number of rushes of 20 yards or more by a Viking. Robert Smith owns the team's career record with 21 runs of at least 20 yards.
3) Culpepper's six rushing attempts give him a season total of 73, moving him into third place for rushing attempts by a QB in a season. He also holds the top two spots, with 106 attempts in 2002 and 89 attempts in 2000.
4) Jermaine Wiggins' four receptions give him a season total of 51. He is only the fourth Vikings tight end with 50 catches in a season. Steve Jordan did that five times in his career, and Joe Senser and Byron Chamberlain each did it once.
5) Kenechi Udeze tied Derrick Alexander for third place in team history for the most starts by a rookie defensive end. Kevin Williams, considered an end last year, holds the mark for the position with 15 starts as a rookie, followed by Carl Eller's 14 starts in 1964 and Alexander (1995) and Udeze's mark of 12.
6) Randy Moss' four receptions gave him 559 for his career and moved him past Keyshawn Johnson's 558 and into third place for the most receptions in NFL history in a player's first seven seasons. Marvin Harrison holds the record with 665, and Sterling Sharpe had 595 in his first seven seasons.
Record Seekers vs. Bears
Viking Update Top Stories
Cowboys blitzed and bruised BradfordThe Minnesota Vikings wanted to take their shots deep and did. But Sam Bradford also took his shots to the body from a blitz-heavy Cowboys defense. The numbers and reaction inside.
Viking Update1:15 PM
Vikings-Cowboys most-watched TNF game everThe Minnesota Vikings and Dallas Cowboys game was the most-watched Thursday Night Football game ever.
Viking Update12:49 PM
Counting snaps: DL rotation against big OLThe Minnesota Vikings used a healthy rotation of defensive linemen Thursday night in an attempt to beat what is widely considered the best offensive line in the NFL.
Viking Update3:13 AM
WATCH: Vikings vs. Cowboys highlightsHighlights and lowlights from the Minnesota Vikings' 17-15 loss to the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday night.
Viking Update12:33 AM