GAME NOTES vs. SEAHAWKS
1) The Vikings scored a touchdown for the 45th consecutive game, tying the third-longest streak in team history. They scored in 95 consecutive games from 1995-2001, and in 55 straight games from 1962-66. They also scored in 45 consecutive games from 1973-77.
2) Daunte Culpepper had completion rate of 60 percent or better (with a minimum of 20 passes) for the 11th time this season. That set a team record for most in a season, beating out his 10 games last season. He completed 63.6 percent against Seattle.
3) Culpepper's touchdown pass to Randy Moss was the tandem's 50th TD connection. They are only the 12th tandem in NFL history to reach 50. The league record is 85 by San Francisco's Steve Young and Jerry Rice, set from 1987-99.
4) Randy Moss set a team record with his sixth season with 10 or more touchdowns. Cris Carter had five seasons (1995-99) with at least 10 TDs.
5) Brian Russell's 41-yard interception return gave him a total of 244 interception-return yards in his career, moving him into second place for the most in a player's first three season with the Vikings. Paul Krause had 254 from 1968-70.
6) Kevin Williams' sack gives him a total of 20.5, moving him past Alan Page's 19.5 and into second place for the most sacks in a Viking's first two seasons. He joined Keith Millard as the only Vikings to average 10 sacks after two seasons.
7) Moss' touchdown reception gives him a career total of 87, which ties him with Andre Reed for ninth-most in NFL history. Jerry Rice is the record holder with 195.
8) Moss' 104 yards receiving gave him 40 games with 100 yards or more, tying him with Carter for the team record and 10th-most in NFL history.
Record Seekers vs. Seattle
Viking Update Top Stories
Sizing up the competitionThe Vikings will face some difficult challenges in 2017. These are the strengths and weaknesses that their opponents will bring to the table.
Viking Update5:29 AM
Sunday slant: Breakout Vikings for defenseThis week’s draft will help shape the roster, but no matter who is added to the mix, some veteran players on the roster right now have every chance to earn a significant (maybe…
Viking Update5:15 AM
Vikings visitor analysis: The versatile TEThe Minnesota Vikings are in search of a tight end to add depth and they visited with one that was very impressive at the NFL Scouting Combine and showed versatility in college.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 6:13 AM
Most feared player for each Vikings opponentWith the Minnesota Vikings’ schedule out, we break down the key player for each opponent that will be key to each game plan.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:43 AM