GAME NOTES vs. DETROIT
1) Daunte Culpepper threw three touchdown passes to tie him with Randall Cunningham for most in a season. Cunningham threw 34 TDs in 1998, the same number Culpepper has through 14 games this season.
2) Culpepper's 404 yards passing gave him his sixth 300-yard game of the season, tying a team record with Warren Moon from 1994. He also tied Moon for most 400-yard games in a season with two.
3) Culpepper's 25 completions gave him 336 for the season, a career best. He surpassed his 333 set in 2002. Ahead of him on the team list are Warren Moon (377 in 1995 and 371 in 1994) and Fran Tarkenton (345 in 1978).
4) Culpepper's 404 yards passing gave him a season total of 4,133, his career best and the third-highest in team history. He surpassed his previous best of 3,937 from 2000. Moon's marks of 4,264 from 1994 and 4,228 from 1995 rank first and second in team history, respectively.
5) Culpepper's 82-yard TD pass to Randy Moss was the career longest for both players and the fifth-longest in team history.
6) Michael Bennett's 51 yards rushing moved him past Fran Tarkenton's 2,548 and into ninth place in team history. Culpepper's 22 yards rushing moved him past Herschel Walker's 2,264 and into 12th place in team history.
7) Moss' 102 yards receiving gave him a career total of 9,046 yards. In NFL history, that ranks second only to Lance Alworth for fewest games needed to reach 9,000 yards. Alworth did it in 97 games, while Moss needed 107 and Jerry Rice needed 108.
8) Moss' 102 yards broke a team record for most 100-yard games receiving in a career with Cris Carter's 40. Moss has 41, while Carter had 40 from 1990-2001. Moss became only the 10th player in NFL history to have 41 games with 100 yards receiving. He tied Hall of Famer Lance Alworth. Rice (1985-2004) leads that category with 76 games, followed by Don Maynard (1958, 1960-73) with 50.
Record Seekers vs. Lions
Viking Update Top Stories
Counting snaps: Vikings vs. EaglesDespite a “soft” performance on the offensive line, according to coach Mike Zimmer, the Minnesota Vikings seemed interested in getting a rotation going there.
Viking Update6:23 AM
Pass protection fails Bradford, VikingsThe Minnesota Vikings still haven’t been able to solve their offensive line issues, a theme going back to last year, but Mike Zimmer and the players aren’t denying it. They have to…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:23 PM
Notebook: Bradford-Wentz duel fizzlesSunday's game between the Minnesota Vikings and Philadelphia Eagles was supposed to be a marquee battle of quarterbacks Sam Bradford and Carson Wentz. Instead, it was a long day…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 3:39 PM
Vikings record-seekers vs. EaglesThe Minnesota Vikings’ loss was littered with mistakes, but a few players worked their way up in the franchise record book.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 3:14 PM