All that matters to Daunte Culpepper this week is the news that comes out of the Metrodome on Friday, but the week has gotten off to a great start.
On Tuesday, Culpepper was named NFC Offensive Player of the Week for the fourth time this season. Today, he will be announced as an NFC representative to the Pro Bowl.
With a record 61 million votes cast, Culpepper finished third overall in the voting with 902,877 -- behind only Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb.
The players and coaches did their voting Monday and Tuesday. The full rosters will be announced tonight at 6 p.m. Central Time on ESPN.
* Kevin Williams will likely earn his first trip to the Pro Bowl. He led all NFC defensive tackles with 185,509 votes -- showing that NFL fans vote the best players into their all-star game, as opposed to the popularity contest of the baseball's midsummer All-Star game.
* Despite his injuries, Randy Moss still has a chance to get selected for the Pro Bowl, as does CB Antoine Winfield and center Matt Birk.
* Green Bay is 3-0 on Christmas Eve games with Brett Favre as its quarterback.
* The Packers haven't won consecutive games at the Metrodome since 1987-88.
* Green Bay has allowed 45 or more points in three different games this season.
* As reported earlier this week, the Vikings made it official -- releasing CB Derek Ross and signing Rushen Jones.
* In a separate roster move, the Vikings signed WR Lane Danielsen to the practice squad to replace CB Mike Echols -- who was signed off the practice squad by the Lions.
* The Vikings won't have to worry about Packers WR Robert Ferguson, who remains hospitalized after a vicious clothesline hit from the Jags' Donovin Darius last Sunday. Darius was fined $75,000 for the hit.
Big Week For Daunte
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings try to keep the faithThe Minnesota Vikings are in dire straits with their playoff hopes, but they believe they have the “grit” to win out and make the playoffs.
Viking Update12:12 PM
Zimmer returns to work, expected to travelThe Minnesota Vikings got head coach Mike Zimmer back on Monday.
Viking Update7:20 AM
Just Win (Four), BabyThe Minnesota Vikings need some help to make the playoffs. They didn't get much Sunday as Detroit and Tampa Bay improved their own postseason stock.
Viking Update5:52 AM
Sunday slant: Don’t blame BradfordSam Bradford has been getting criticism from some fans and observers, but a look at numerous analytics, and an overall view of the game, shows just how good he has been without…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 1:57 PM