All that matters to Daunte Culpepper this week is the news that comes out of the Metrodome on Friday, but the week has gotten off to a great start.
On Tuesday, Culpepper was named NFC Offensive Player of the Week for the fourth time this season. Today, he will be announced as an NFC representative to the Pro Bowl.
With a record 61 million votes cast, Culpepper finished third overall in the voting with 902,877 -- behind only Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb.
The players and coaches did their voting Monday and Tuesday. The full rosters will be announced tonight at 6 p.m. Central Time on ESPN.
* Kevin Williams will likely earn his first trip to the Pro Bowl. He led all NFC defensive tackles with 185,509 votes -- showing that NFL fans vote the best players into their all-star game, as opposed to the popularity contest of the baseball's midsummer All-Star game.
* Despite his injuries, Randy Moss still has a chance to get selected for the Pro Bowl, as does CB Antoine Winfield and center Matt Birk.
* Green Bay is 3-0 on Christmas Eve games with Brett Favre as its quarterback.
* The Packers haven't won consecutive games at the Metrodome since 1987-88.
* Green Bay has allowed 45 or more points in three different games this season.
* As reported earlier this week, the Vikings made it official -- releasing CB Derek Ross and signing Rushen Jones.
* In a separate roster move, the Vikings signed WR Lane Danielsen to the practice squad to replace CB Mike Echols -- who was signed off the practice squad by the Lions.
* The Vikings won't have to worry about Packers WR Robert Ferguson, who remains hospitalized after a vicious clothesline hit from the Jags' Donovin Darius last Sunday. Darius was fined $75,000 for the hit.
Big Week For Daunte
Viking Update Top Stories
Sunday slant: Planning for future has risksThe Minnesota Vikings have plenty of salary-cap space, but most of that is likely to be allocated for extensions.
Viking Update7:48 AM
Youth movement?Are the Minnesota Vikings looking to get younger in a hurry? The lack of older outside veterans brought in is silently speaking volumes.
Viking Update6:49 AM
Holler: You think you've got pain?When it comes to painful sports losses, there's something about 'Sconny and nobody has lived out that nightmare more than the Packers. What kind of pain would you rather have?
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:08 AM
Peterson responds to report on asking priceAdrian Peterson responded to a report about his asking price in free agency, but it’s still not clear what his asking price really is.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:11 AM
Vikings release 2014 3rd-round pick CrichtonAfter a lackluster three years with the Minnesota Vikings, Scott Crichton is out on the open market.
Viking UpdateFriday at 11:10 AM