All that matters to Daunte Culpepper this week is the news that comes out of the Metrodome on Friday, but the week has gotten off to a great start.
On Tuesday, Culpepper was named NFC Offensive Player of the Week for the fourth time this season. Today, he will be announced as an NFC representative to the Pro Bowl.
With a record 61 million votes cast, Culpepper finished third overall in the voting with 902,877 -- behind only Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb.
The players and coaches did their voting Monday and Tuesday. The full rosters will be announced tonight at 6 p.m. Central Time on ESPN.
* Kevin Williams will likely earn his first trip to the Pro Bowl. He led all NFC defensive tackles with 185,509 votes -- showing that NFL fans vote the best players into their all-star game, as opposed to the popularity contest of the baseball's midsummer All-Star game.
* Despite his injuries, Randy Moss still has a chance to get selected for the Pro Bowl, as does CB Antoine Winfield and center Matt Birk.
* Green Bay is 3-0 on Christmas Eve games with Brett Favre as its quarterback.
* The Packers haven't won consecutive games at the Metrodome since 1987-88.
* Green Bay has allowed 45 or more points in three different games this season.
* As reported earlier this week, the Vikings made it official -- releasing CB Derek Ross and signing Rushen Jones.
* In a separate roster move, the Vikings signed WR Lane Danielsen to the practice squad to replace CB Mike Echols -- who was signed off the practice squad by the Lions.
* The Vikings won't have to worry about Packers WR Robert Ferguson, who remains hospitalized after a vicious clothesline hit from the Jags' Donovin Darius last Sunday. Darius was fined $75,000 for the hit.
Big Week For Daunte
Viking Update Top Stories
2017 VIKINGS DRAFT GUIDEInformation on the Minnesota Vikings' 2017 draft, from where they pick to position analysis, links to stories, mock drafts and more.
Viking Update12:35 PM
Viking Update final mock draft, Round 2A late legal issue forces a former first-round value down to the bottom of the second round in our NFL mock draft, and a couple of other late changes in the second round.
Viking Update11:58 AM
Viking Update final mock draftLate-rising concerns, scheme fits and legal issues cause some minor tweaking in our NFL final mock, just on time for draft day.
Viking Update11:50 AM
Vikes hope Floyd’s knee ‘starts acting right’Minnesota Vikings teammates are hoping Sharrif Floyd returns to full health.
Viking Update5:51 AM
Red flags flying with defensive prospectsWhy are some of the top defensive prospects in the NFL draft going to drop father than their talents indicate they should? Because more than 50 of them have red flags that impact…
Viking Update5:14 AM