GAME NOTES vs. PACKERS
1) With three touchdowns against the Packers, Daunte Culpepper has 37 this season, a team record, surpassing Randall Cunningham's 34 in 1998.
2) Randy Moss' touchdown reception moved him into eighth place in NFL history with 89 touchdown catches, surpassing Don Maynard's 88.
3) With his touchdown, Moss has scored 546 points in his career, moving him past Gary Anderson's 542 points and in fourth place in team history. Fuad Reveiz (598), Cris Carter (670) and Fred Cox (1,365) are still ahead of Moss.
4) Culpepper's 285 yards passing gave him a season total of 4,418, which is a team record, surpassing Warren Moon's mark of 4,264 in 1998.
5) Moss' 30 yards receiving moved him past Jerry Rice's mark of 9,072 and into first place in NFL history with 9,076 receiving yards in his first seven seasons.
6) Lance Johnstone's sack moved him into a fourth-place tie for most sacks in a player's first four seasons with the Vikings. Doug Martin also had 33.5 sacks from 1980-83. John Randle is third with 34.5 from 1990-93, Jim Marshall is second with 37 from 1961-64 and Alan Page is first with 39 from 1967-70.
7) The Vikings' three straight offensive plays for touchdowns in the second quarter marked the first time in team history that has happened. The last time the Vikings scored 21 points in the second quarter was against Green Bay on Oct. 5, 1998. The 38 combined points in the second quarter is the most ever in a Vikings game.
9) Culpepper's passer rating of 151.3 was his career best. He is the only Vikings quarterback to reach 150 or better twice in his career. His previous best was 151.1 against Carolina on Nov. 19, 2000.
Record Seekers vs. Packers
Viking Update Top Stories
What are realistic Peterson numbers?Former Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson remains unsigned. A former agent lays out the landscape for players of A.P.'s age and the recent trends that point downward on contract…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 11:04 PM
Bills claim former Vikings defensive linemanA former Minnesota Vikings defensive lineman didn’t make it to free agency, instead being claimed on waivers.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 3:44 PM
For Böhringer, everything ‘calmed down’Moritz Böhringer had a season of learning on the field and off, but he has no intention of giving up his NFL dream and playing in Germany again.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:39 PM
Vikings double-down on linebacker interestThe Minnesota Vikings will be looking for competition to backfill a vacancy at weakside linebacker with Chad Greenway’s retirement and interviewed an early-round possibility at the…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:02 AM
Anatomy of a contractLatavius Murray's contract with the Minnesota Vikings sounds pretty straightforward, but in the NFL that's not always the case.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 4:07 AM