GAME NOTES vs. PACKERS
1) With three touchdowns against the Packers, Daunte Culpepper has 37 this season, a team record, surpassing Randall Cunningham's 34 in 1998.
2) Randy Moss' touchdown reception moved him into eighth place in NFL history with 89 touchdown catches, surpassing Don Maynard's 88.
3) With his touchdown, Moss has scored 546 points in his career, moving him past Gary Anderson's 542 points and in fourth place in team history. Fuad Reveiz (598), Cris Carter (670) and Fred Cox (1,365) are still ahead of Moss.
4) Culpepper's 285 yards passing gave him a season total of 4,418, which is a team record, surpassing Warren Moon's mark of 4,264 in 1998.
5) Moss' 30 yards receiving moved him past Jerry Rice's mark of 9,072 and into first place in NFL history with 9,076 receiving yards in his first seven seasons.
6) Lance Johnstone's sack moved him into a fourth-place tie for most sacks in a player's first four seasons with the Vikings. Doug Martin also had 33.5 sacks from 1980-83. John Randle is third with 34.5 from 1990-93, Jim Marshall is second with 37 from 1961-64 and Alan Page is first with 39 from 1967-70.
7) The Vikings' three straight offensive plays for touchdowns in the second quarter marked the first time in team history that has happened. The last time the Vikings scored 21 points in the second quarter was against Green Bay on Oct. 5, 1998. The 38 combined points in the second quarter is the most ever in a Vikings game.
9) Culpepper's passer rating of 151.3 was his career best. He is the only Vikings quarterback to reach 150 or better twice in his career. His previous best was 151.1 against Carolina on Nov. 19, 2000.
Record Seekers vs. Packers
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings see internal problemsThe Minnesota Vikings can blame others and even teammates for their problems, but they realize it’s put-up-or-shut-up time.
Viking Update7:12 AM
3 Vikings in top five for Pro Bowl votingThree Minnesota Vikings are among the top five at their respective positions for Pro Bowl voting among fans. See the vote counts and why Cordarrelle Patterson is not in the top…
Viking Update6:34 AM
Zimmer: ‘I let an awful lot of people down’Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer seems to understand the seriousness of his eye surgery, but felt he let people down by not being able to coach on Thursday.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 2:06 PM
Zimmer: Surgery should allow him to flyMinnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer told KFAN that he had a different kind of fluid injected into his eye that would allow him to fly to Jacksonville this week as long as no…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 1:15 PM
Zimmer returns to practice with eye coveredAs the Minnesota Vikings returned to practice with three players out, head coach Mike Zimmer was back with his surgically repaired right eye covered.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:23 AM