GAME NOTES vs. PACKERS
1) With three touchdowns against the Packers, Daunte Culpepper has 37 this season, a team record, surpassing Randall Cunningham's 34 in 1998.
2) Randy Moss' touchdown reception moved him into eighth place in NFL history with 89 touchdown catches, surpassing Don Maynard's 88.
3) With his touchdown, Moss has scored 546 points in his career, moving him past Gary Anderson's 542 points and in fourth place in team history. Fuad Reveiz (598), Cris Carter (670) and Fred Cox (1,365) are still ahead of Moss.
4) Culpepper's 285 yards passing gave him a season total of 4,418, which is a team record, surpassing Warren Moon's mark of 4,264 in 1998.
5) Moss' 30 yards receiving moved him past Jerry Rice's mark of 9,072 and into first place in NFL history with 9,076 receiving yards in his first seven seasons.
6) Lance Johnstone's sack moved him into a fourth-place tie for most sacks in a player's first four seasons with the Vikings. Doug Martin also had 33.5 sacks from 1980-83. John Randle is third with 34.5 from 1990-93, Jim Marshall is second with 37 from 1961-64 and Alan Page is first with 39 from 1967-70.
7) The Vikings' three straight offensive plays for touchdowns in the second quarter marked the first time in team history that has happened. The last time the Vikings scored 21 points in the second quarter was against Green Bay on Oct. 5, 1998. The 38 combined points in the second quarter is the most ever in a Vikings game.
9) Culpepper's passer rating of 151.3 was his career best. He is the only Vikings quarterback to reach 150 or better twice in his career. His previous best was 151.1 against Carolina on Nov. 19, 2000.
Record Seekers vs. Packers
Viking Update Top Stories
Thielen seeks respect, hopes to stayReceiver Adam Thielen has seen an increased role in each of his four years with the Minnesota Vikings and would like to see that continue well into the future. He discussed the…
Viking Update1:54 PM
Johnson: Bridgewater ‘coming along well’Receiver Charles Johnson has talked with Minnesota Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater and says he is “coming along well” in his rehab, along with offering a few other insights.
Viking Update7:36 AM
Scott Turner signs with MichiganMichigan head coach Jim Harbaugh has ruffled feathers since arriving in Ann Arbor. His hiring of Scott Turner may be the latest preemptive move.
Viking Update4:06 AM
Combine Research: Receivers (Part 1)Who showed he was recovered from a broken leg with a four-touchdown game? Which teammates were born in Liberia and Sierre Leone? Who set the NCAA yardage record? Those answers and…
Packer ReportYesterday at 8:16 PM
Shurmur has his focal point for offenseMinnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur his “focal point” for where the offense needs to improve in 2017.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 2:38 PM